• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

What if you can't get hold of heroin on your deathbed?
That’ll be exactly my luck hey?
I’ll get hit by a bus and die instantly and unfulfilled.

Tbh I only tell myself that so that I’m comfortable continuing to abstain for now. Like saying I’m quitting for a little while, but not forever,
some day I’ll do it again?

It’s one drug I know I could never hold any control over, if it didn’t kill me my family would for doing it.

So instead I think positively. That ill die a slow painful death. One requiring large quantities of opiates for a sustained amount of time, so I can die a happy addict that won’t get her dead ass kicked for using illegal drugs
(That was my poor idea of a joke. Just to be clear)

That’ll be exactly my luck hey?
I’ll get hit by a bus and die instantly and unfulfilled.

Tbh I only tell myself that so that I’m comfortable continuing to abstain for now. Like saying I’m quitting for a little while, but not forever,
some day I’ll do it again?

It’s one drug I know I could never hold any control over, if it didn’t kill me my family would for doing it.

So instead I think positively. That ill die a slow painful death. One requiring large quantities of opiates for a sustained amount of time, so I can die a happy addict that won’t get her dead ass kicked for using illegal drugs
(That was my poor idea of a joke. Just to be clear)
It would be my luck or it's something I would worry about anyway any for seeing person would maybe I have thought when I quit the skag for good which I feel closer to then ever honestly I was already getting sick of opiates when I was doing weaker opiates I probs put off graduating to heroin about an extra 2 years then I could of due to tolerance increases in fact I believe deep the forum vaults from all those years ago I wrote a trip report about one time casuallhq taking a dose of 3000mg of codeine no that is not a typeo.

I swear it was 3000mg codeine and no I did not get a ceiling effect the the first time I hit the sweet spot with though this insane 3000mg+ dose it was probably one of the best highs I have had apart from the first ever high I had from a recreational dose of course I remember it very pleasantly even the memory of that trip is pictured with the opiate haze of that makes sense it makes me feel warm and fuzzy just thinking about that memory it was a nice sunny day i remember apart from a few hours I nodded out in an old armchair the high lasted well into the night and the next day as you might have noticed I seemed to be a superhuman codeine converter no bulshit.

I kinda wish I stayed on the codeine but to be honest it just wasn't even slightly sustainable anymore and if you have read the above about the doses I was eventually taken I'm sure you could understand why oh and the little fact that I was banned from approx 50% of the pharmacies in the cities and could only really go to another 25-30% once a week maybe twice if they had different staff rotation I was a fool and a pussy I mean trust me those doses were no joke when it came to withdrawal of all the codeine was getting processed which I think it was it is equal to 1000mg of oxycodone.. So you can see why heroin made sense I had realised though that I was treading very dangerously and had to stop the fun ride soon so I told myself "I will get just enough to cut down slowly to avoid wd as I can't get enough codeine" tbh I think this was just an excuse and self justification to me to avoid withdrawal and get high as a bonus I wasn't to good at smoking at first I had to ask people here a lot of people were pricks tbh slagging me off because I "couldn't even" run a line like it's a fucking badge of honour to know these things.

I mean sorry I don't know how to take smack guess I should have paid more attention at school when they taught me that in basic life skills anyway I'm not gonna name names but the whole fucking thread was a circuis and I was left not knowing if I was wasting some and I was because I met a mate a dealer actually who I found out also used secretly when I told him he sorted me out and showed me how to run it properly use lanes etc even taught me how to make a arrow tooter to catch more gear and concentrate it in one area one little tip if you smoke always blow the smoke through the toot and blow it through the opposite end you are using for maximum effect also very handy tip I found is when opening a toot to avoid ripping always heat it up a little bit all around just enough to get the gear to make a brief little nip otherwise it's a lot harder if not impossible to open without ripping sorry for going into to much detail and off topic I'm just struggling at the moment a lot with money, food, drugs ain't even got a lousy ciggie, milk or anything I do get free food but it is shit the last hostel.

I was at last year and funnily enough around Christmas again lol but I did at least have family to visit like my grandma anyway the last one had these amazing food parcels which were actually filled with some good stuff not cheap shit decent cereal, milk, tea bags, beans, soup, tinned food, egg even had rice pudding fam! You basically got everything except bread but the bread you could get from the main community room where their would be good donations mountains of food and every Wednesday a new batch would come in and everyone would rush to get the good stuff first typical taking for me and one in particular was: box of crave cereal, donuts, pancakes, walkers crisp and more I miss that hostel but I was an idiot and got banned...

It would be my luck or it's something I would worry about anyway any for seeing person would maybe I have thought when I quit the skag for good which I feel closer to then ever honestly I was already getting sick of opiates when I was doing weaker opiates I probs put off graduating to heroin about an extra 2 years then I could of due to tolerance increases in fact I believe deep the forum vaults from all those years ago I wrote a trip report about one time casuallhq taking a dose of 3000mg of codeine no that is not a typeo.

I swear it was 3000mg codeine and no I did not get a ceiling effect the the first time I hit the sweet spot with though this insane 3000mg+ dose it was probably one of the best highs I have had apart from the first ever high I had from a recreational dose of course I remember it very pleasantly even the memory of that trip is pictured with the opiate haze of that makes sense it makes me feel warm and fuzzy just thinking about that memory it was a nice sunny day i remember apart from a few hours I nodded out in an old armchair the high lasted well into the night and the next day as you might have noticed I seemed to be a superhuman codeine converter no bulshit.

I kinda wish I stayed on the codeine but to be honest it just wasn't even slightly sustainable anymore and if you have read the above about the doses I was eventually taken I'm sure you could understand why oh and the little fact that I was banned from approx 50% of the pharmacies in the cities and could only really go to another 25-30% once a week maybe twice if they had different staff rotation I was a fool and a pussy I mean trust me those doses were no joke when it came to withdrawal of all the codeine was getting processed which I think it was it is equal to 1000mg of oxycodone.. So you can see why heroin made sense I had realised though that I was treading very dangerously and had to stop the fun ride soon so I told myself "I will get just enough to cut down slowly to avoid wd as I can't get enough codeine" tbh I think this was just an excuse and self justification to me to avoid withdrawal and get high as a bonus I wasn't to good at smoking at first I had to ask people here a lot of people were pricks tbh slagging me off because I "couldn't even" run a line like it's a fucking badge of honour to know these things.

I mean sorry I don't know how to take smack guess I should have paid more attention at school when they taught me that in basic life skills anyway I'm not gonna name names but the whole fucking thread was a circuis and I was left not knowing if I was wasting some and I was because I met a mate a dealer actually who I found out also used secretly when I told him he sorted me out and showed me how to run it properly use lanes etc even taught me how to make a arrow tooter to catch more gear and concentrate it in one area one little tip if you smoke always blow the smoke through the toot and blow it through the opposite end you are using for maximum effect also very handy tip I found is when opening a toot to avoid ripping always heat it up a little bit all around just enough to get the gear to make a brief little nip otherwise it's a lot harder if not impossible to open without ripping sorry for going into to much detail and off topic I'm just struggling at the moment a lot with money, food, drugs ain't even got a lousy ciggie, milk or anything I do get free food but it is shit the last hostel.

I was at last year and funnily enough around Christmas again lol but I did at least have family to visit like my grandma anyway the last one had these amazing food parcels which were actually filled with some good stuff not cheap shit decent cereal, milk, tea bags, beans, soup, tinned food, egg even had rice pudding fam! You basically got everything except bread but the bread you could get from the main community room where their would be good donations mountains of food and every Wednesday a new batch would come in and everyone would rush to get the good stuff first typical taking for me and one in particular was: box of crave cereal, donuts, pancakes, walkers crisp and more I miss that hostel but I was an idiot and got banned...
3,000 mg?!!
If I could find someone to cook the paracetamol out of my panadeine forte I’d have given that dose a red hot go no doubt 😂😂😂😂
My doctors not silly enough to prescribe me anything stronger lol
Thankfully I couldn’t find that person and ridiculous doses of paracetamol have almost caused me to OD a small handful of times, sick as a dog I quickly realised that also was a bad plan.
I limit my use now 😳

Beautiful, evil angel of a drug, I’m sorry shits been fucked for you.
Not too many ‘success’ stories out there on this train, I have duly noted every new decline in each of the dear friends I’ve made over the years as they succumbed.
I’ve no regrets.
I had a great experience the two times I IV’d heroin, though in minute doses as the person who administered it was scared for my low tolerance. If that was a low dose, I am even more certain that the line has to remain drawn here.

Omfg guys ten min after writing that long post I went for a walk through a park and I swear on all that is holy I seen laying in the grass a little wet a ten pound note!!! I swear I am buzzing right now just used the hostel phone to ring my guy and just in time to because the hostel closes all night in 35 min 😲😲😲

I'm like' "what what guy gonna hola me, just got back from a robbery it's not a game it's not monopoly Brlaaap

"These days it feels like I'm smoking less and spending more" I think we can all relate in these covid times even my guy who does a 0.4-0.5 for a tenner no bulshit normally it's 15 for most people but his stuff is getting weaker still can't complain does the job and plenty to work anyone who I get gear for and get it off him can't believe how good a deal I get and always hit me up for a ten which usually means a 0.1-0.2 sorter obviously they know I'm gonna be making a little bit for myself but I don't care who you are 0.3 for a tenner or a fiver if I'm feeling generous and need to go halves with someone is a no brainer

My guy sorted me a 0.5 for a ten shot I decided to hit my mate up who also is skint and penniless and got nothing like him I told him to come meet me at the hostel gates I got something for him he knows I would say that it I had something worth coming for anyway after he rang me I text him to discreetly wait near the fence in my view I will chuck some gear over I decided to give him half because he's been giving me that everyday for months and months give or take a day he can't get any money for himself never mind me I saw his face light up then he was basically worshipping me on the phone while he was walking home saying he will do me good I said don't be stupid you sorted me out more times then I can count and it's true I have probably only sorted him 10% back not from choice but just because I haven't had any money for him, or myself I think he thinks I was lying though the times he's asked me for a sorter and I told him I had fuck all he's a true one like me we are both skag heads we are both addicted as much as anyone can be below the needle but we still have our morals we don't cross the line we might put a tie across it in occasion I personally have done pretty fucking awful evil things not gonna say but I have done things I'm not proud of and I don't know what I feel more from them guilty of ashamed but after coming to my sense after and realising with a sober mind.. Well let's just say I am pretty sure and safe I will never do what I didn't do ever again just because I couldn't live with the guilt I CAN'T live with the guilt believe me anyway.. He probably has skeletons in his closet to but we try to learn from our mistakes everyone who knows us trusts us, well as much as you can trust drug addicts we even have a plan once we get clean to invest in this business sponsor idea and go 50/50 on the profit 100% legit one day... One day... Fuck I hope no one was me throw that to him or a hidden camera was in a cigarette box but these people are not stupid but I ain't gonna leave someone who has done so much for me like that when I know I help them just because I ain't got the balls to take a little risk I would be pissed if I was him and I said to him "sorry mate I had some gear but didn't want to risk it" to be honest the security guard is sound he's not supposed to but sorts me a few foreign cigarettes now and then we're not even supposed to be allowed out now not even on the inside of the locked gate but I told him I just wanted a ciggie and some fresh air any of the other guys would probs have said no but he's alright man he's got a heart I'm gonna buy him a some chocolate hobnobs or a 6 pack or something next time I got a couple bob I know how to look after people who have helped me Ganjcat knows how to reward his faithful minions 😈😈😈

While I've not tried heroin specifically, I have been given various IV opioids during my various (and sometimes quite scary) trips to the ER. Dilaudid was the first one I was ever given, and the nurse literally called it "hospital heroin" and hooo boy was that shit powerful! Not a huge opiate/opioid fan though, so I seriously doubt I would ever try heroin. Also I hate needles, even when used properly by a trained medical professional.

Everyone always said no, don’t try the heroin.
It made me want to try the heroin.

So I did.
And learned that this is one rule I should never break.
I shall never try the heroin again.
Until I’m on my death bed.
Then I again will try the heroin.
All of the heroin.
Don’t use it all before I get there please.

You're lucky you were able to learn that rule. A lot of us, when we try heroin, find we just can't seem to stop ourselves using more.

It's playing with fire. Sure you may not get burned, but when you do, that fire is damn hot. Sounds like you really threaded the needle in loving it but managing not to be trapped by it.

While I've not tried heroin specifically, I have been given various IV opioids during my various (and sometimes quite scary) trips to the ER. Dilaudid was the first one I was ever given, and the nurse literally called it "hospital heroin" and hooo boy was that shit powerful! Not a huge opiate/opioid fan though, so I seriously doubt I would ever try heroin. Also I hate needles, even when used properly by a trained medical professional.

I've known lots of people who's said they used to hate needles. And now they love them.

Then again, I've heard of people who hates needles and somehow still hate them even as an IV user. But I haven't personally met one yet. They seem to be even rarer than heroin addicts that don't smoke. I've actually met one or two of those.

You're lucky you were able to learn that rule. A lot of us, when we try heroin, find we just can't seem to stop ourselves using more.

It's playing with fire. Sure you may not get burned, but when you do, that fire is damn hot. Sounds like you really threaded the needle in loving it but managing not to be trapped by it.

I've known lots of people who's said they used to hate needles. And now they love them.

Then again, I've heard of people who hates needles and somehow still hate them even as an IV user. But I haven't personally met one yet. They seem to be even rarer than heroin addicts that don't smoke. I've actually met one or two of those.
I learned it from the experiences of people like yourself and will be forever grateful.

I was lucky enough to meet a guy along my travels who gave me some incredible experiences while keeping me safe and then suddenly one day (about 2 days after he let me try H) he vanished from my life.
So the access to it was cut, long enough for me to be able to separate myself from the experience.
The people around you when you’re not emotionally capable yourself make all the difference x

Yep. The needle has me. I fight it. Not always very well.

If you found it so boring why did you use it every day for a year? I mean I get that you were probably dependent, but how did you get dependent if you didn't like it?

Anyway, your experience is far from universal.

For me opiates, and heroin specifically, are the best drug I ever did as far as outright enjoyment. I found myself addicted from day one, the moment opiates entered my life they latched onto my soul and haven't let go since.

Not everyone is susceptible to that happening but many of us are.
Apologies for the late reply. I do it because I'm not really tying to get high, I used very small amounts up to maybe 70mg a day max, when working I probably did about only 20-50mg the whole day. You could say I'm ''microdosing''.

I mean, I would not say universal as my boyfriend had a similar experience but I get what you're saying.

For me, I only see opiates as a great (short-term) tool for my anxiety and depression when needed. I actually don't feel euphoric on them as I would say, for example, feel on meth. I much rather prefer stimulants but if I have to use something everyday for my mental health I will choose heroin over anything. Stimulants only cause problems for me, cause stress and pretty much ruin my life, as for H I would say the biggest issues for me are the increasing tolerance, breathing problems and maybe the withdrawal. But I use so little so I don't experience a lot of withdrawal. And addiction isn't an issue for me. I'm not really sure why. When I take it I just feel very motivated, happy and I don't feel depressed any minute of the day (which is a miracle for me because nothing works on me really maybe except for good quality meth which is impossible to find).. For me it would be so bad I would want to die and then when I'm on H I just feel like I'm me for the first time in a very long time. I stopped using it before, I was about 4 months clean and now I've started to use again because I'm in a really bad place right now and it's really helping. I'm very grateful that it works for me that way and I'm not addicted. I would like to mention though that I've never felt addicted from anything my whole life and I've tried everything.

I've actually met some of my old friends and they had started to use heroin daily as well. Their story was a whole lot different than mine and my boyfriend's. She was using heavily and was reckless with money so she lost her baby due to the fact that she was using too much and had already attempted suicide, it was very sad indeed. I tried to help her and gave her money for the food and everything else but in the end it was never enough and and then she was trying to con me. Heartbreaking and shocking to see her in that kind of place, to see her as a whole different person. I felt like that could be me in some way when I was still afraid of the addiction and I've waited and waited but it just wasn't. It just works differently on me. But still, I feel like you CAN control your usage if you are being smart about from the beginning and only use it in small amounts. Also it depends if you want to get high or you use it to actually be functional like me. I rarely even nod it's not for me really.

What about you- have you tried to quit recently? Or are you still using daily?

Apologies for the late reply. I do it because I'm not really tying to get high, I used very small amounts up to maybe 70mg a day max, when working I probably did about only 20-50mg the whole day. You could say I'm ''microdosing''.

I mean, I would not say universal as my boyfriend had a similar experience but I get what you're saying.

For me, I only see opiates as a great (short-term) tool for my anxiety and depression when needed. I actually don't feel euphoric on them as I would say, for example, feel on meth. I much rather prefer stimulants but if I have to use something everyday for my mental health I will choose heroin over anything. Stimulants only cause problems for me, cause stress and pretty much ruin my life, as for H I would say the biggest issues for me are the increasing tolerance, breathing problems and maybe the withdrawal. But I use so little so I don't experience a lot of withdrawal. And addiction isn't an issue for me. I'm not really sure why. When I take it I just feel very motivated, happy and I don't feel depressed any minute of the day (which is a miracle for me because nothing works on me really maybe except for good quality meth which is impossible to find).. For me it would be so bad I would want to die and then when I'm on H I just feel like I'm me for the first time in a very long time. I stopped using it before, I was about 4 months clean and now I've started to use again because I'm in a really bad place right now and it's really helping. I'm very grateful that it works for me that way and I'm not addicted. I would like to mention though that I've never felt addicted from anything my whole life and I've tried everything.

I've actually met some of my old friends and they had started to use heroin daily as well. Their story was a whole lot different than mine and my boyfriend's. She was using heavily and was reckless with money so she lost her baby due to the fact that she was using too much and had already attempted suicide, it was very sad indeed. I tried to help her and gave her money for the food and everything else but in the end it was never enough and and then she was trying to con me. Heartbreaking and shocking to see her in that kind of place, to see her as a whole different person. I felt like that could be me in some way when I was still afraid of the addiction and I've waited and waited but it just wasn't. It just works differently on me. But still, I feel like you CAN control your usage if you are being smart about from the beginning and only use it in small amounts. Also it depends if you want to get high or you use it to actually be functional like me. I rarely even nod it's not for me really.

What about you- have you tried to quit recently? Or are you still using daily?

I quit heroin after using daily for years in September 2017 by getting on methadone program. Probably one of the best decisions I've made.

I relapsed early last year, but haven't ever started using heroin every day again. I've kept my use minimal thanks to methadone and have been trying to cut it out completely again. It's currently been a few weeks since I last shot heroin.

I'm just curious did you continue to use different opiates after using h or did you cut off opiates completely after stopping h? Bc for me it had a stronger withdrawal effect than most opiates, I would have pretty extreme cravings multiple times a day and just found I lacked any control on h compared to most opiates.
Apologies for the late reply.
I always use Alprazolam or Clonazepam which really helps me with the withdrawal. I used to take Buprenorphine (Suboxone) but it jut made me really nauseous and dizzy so I cannot really handle it anymore. I have used kratom but then this caused me stomach pain from time to time. So I just stick to Xanax, heh.
Yeah, I get it, the withdrawal is a pain in the ass. I would suggest Xanax and one of the options that I mentioned before. Kratom is good because it doesn't have many side effects and it's legal in most countries! Check it out :) Also when quitting try slowly to taper your dose down, it's hard but worth it. It really helped me.

Interesting article about a high functioning, regular heroin user. I think it really highlights how everyone's experience with dope is different.
Wow isn't that dude a major waste of fucking space.
"overstated", my ass, deaths from OD are still on the rise since 2014
Half a million deaths a year, but it's all just blown out of proportion :rolleyes:

He's not going to realize how addicted he is as long as he has the money to buy more heroin :) He's a Professor, lol, he should earn good money. There's never a problem as long as there's money. People like that are why kids everywhere keep thinking "I can control heroin too!"

Wow isn't that dude a major waste of fucking space.
"overstated", my ass, deaths from OD are still on the rise since 2014
Half a million deaths a year, but it's all just blown out of proportion :rolleyes:

He's not going to realize how addicted he is as long as he has the money to buy more heroin :) He's a Professor, lol, he should earn good money. There's never a problem as long as there's money. People like that are why kids everywhere keep thinking "I can control heroin too!"

Yea, skimming over that article it reads like a bunch of horseshit. I mean not everything in is false, not at all, but the general description and playing down of heroins risks are extremely deceptive and dangerous.

What I do agree with is that heroin doesn't have to be anywhere near as dangerous as it is in practice and wouldn't be in a different sociolegal climate.

But we don't get to choose what sociolegal climate we live in, and even in a perfect world, heroin still tends to come to own you. Just because you have enough wealth to stay stable doesn't change that underlying reality. It only takes the rollercoaster of life hitting a sharp dip and 20 years of stable drug use can suddenly turn into complete self destruction.

But we don't get to choose what sociolegal climate we live in, and even in a perfect world, heroin still tends to come to own you. Just because you have enough wealth to stay stable doesn't change that underlying reality. It only takes the rollercoaster of life hitting a sharp dip and 20 years of stable drug use can suddenly turn into complete self destruction.
100%

Imagine that dude loses his job, or something happens to his H connection, and he suddenly can't afford the lifestyle anymore. He's not going to glorify heroin-use then.

I think it's despicable agreeing to such an article, when one ought know how many people die from it, and how many many more live in the claws of heroin for decades of their life. Impressionable people are going to read this and think "If this guy can do it, I can do it". Everyone thinks they're special, that's the problem.

Sure, I think many people taking opioids can do exceptionally in life, as long as they can afford the lifestyle. But one slip-up, one bad thing happening or financial crisis, and the old bridge is on fire.