• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.

A little update. I am at a detox facility in Arizona. One of the other clients told me about a meditation and it?s the closest I?ve felt alive since my injection. It is called the Wim Hof meditation. Basically you create a hypoxia which then forms into a euphoria. After the meditation exercises I take a cold shower(part of the Wim Hof method). The Wim Hof meditation helps sleep, anxiety, depression, trauma, bipolar, ptsd, and other immune diseases.

Here is the video I use

https://youtu.be/LU6Oi80n5J4

Good luck everyone.

A little update for you guys, today I bought some turmeric oral spray which has superior bioavailability compared to regular turmeric. It contains an ingredient called cyclocurmin. Daily dose is equivalent for 1300 mg of turmeric root. I was researching about turmerics health benefits and decided to give it a shot. I couldn't find anyone who has been experimenting with the oral spray.
Curcumin boosts brain-derived neurotrophic factor, which is linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of brain diseases. BDNF increases the growth of new neurons and fights various degenerative processes in the brain[FONT=sofia_pro_semi_boldregular].
[/FONT]And according to a study, curcumin was shown to be as effective for combating depression as Prozac is.
If you decide to try it I recommend the oral spray instead of eating turmeric because of its bioavailability. Here's some links for you guys if you want to read more about turmeric/curcumin.
https://www.care2.com/greenliving/t...health-benefits-of-turmeric-and-curcumin.html
https://www.turmericforhealth.com/turmeric-benefits/can-turmeric-help-in-depression
https://combatyourdepression.com/benefits-of-turmeric
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/turmeric-dosage#benefits
https://www.researchgate.net/public...etal_Chelating_Agent_Surface_Characterisation

I also bought some Rhodiola extract which is supposed to help with fatigue, stress, depression and brain function. It has been shown to stimulate serotonin, dopamine and norpinephrine activity. That's why I wanted to try it.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/rhodiola-rosea
https://www.verywellmind.com/how-is-rhodiola-rosea-used-to-treat-anxiety-3024972
But apparently rhodiola may have some dangers;
http://www.mensahmedical.com/dangers-of-rhodiola/

Either turmeric or rhodiola shouldn't be used if you are using serotonergic drugs such as SSRI's etc. There is a chance of serotonin syndrome if you do. So if you want to try them out make sure you're not using any.
I also ordered some skullcap (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutellaria_lateriflora) tincture and pills to help me with my sleeping patterns. Those haven't arrived yet so can't tell yet if it's working or not.
Skullcap apparently has some 5-HT7 antagonist activity so I want to see if it can remove the irreversible antagonism caused by paliperidone, which clozapine is apparently capable of doing.

I'm planning on trying silica for detoxifying purposes too. "Silica is very good at removing waste material, toxins and heavy metals from the body. This makes silica a good addition on any detox program to deeply cleanse your cells."
http://health-factbook.com/diet/therapeutic-diets/the-silicon-detox/

Have any of you guys tried any of these supplements and if you have, did you experience anything positive?

E: I forgot to mention I also decided to try glycine. It hasn't arrived yet either but I'll hit you up about it's effectiveness.
https://thesleepdoctor.com/2018/07/23/understanding-glycine/
https://www.zrtlab.com/blog/archive/glycine-big-impact-sleep/
I also managed to find this interesting article about glycine; http://stroke.emedtv.com/glycine/glycine-drug-interactions.html
[h=3]"Specifically, if glycine is combined with atypical antipsychotics (such as aripiprazole, clozapine, or olanzapine), it may decrease the effectiveness of these medications."[/h]

Last edited:
@Fuckinvega So yeah, just the 5ht7 receptors are permanently damaged then. However, that isn't the only receptor that is involved with sleep, there's many others. Hmm may also explain why Rosi can't get to her "prior state". Yeah I just found it highly ridiculous of some claims before of people "being healed" after a few months. Empty123 had a chart in a prior post. It showed at the 10th month a lot of this medicine being excreted. As long as my sleep paralysis comes back. Ability to make muscle comes back. Natural euphoria back to reasonable extent.. Then I'm just content as can be with that. I piss on that one puny receptor haha. Hell it's because my emotions will be permanently dulled because of this that I am so much stronger!

Guys I have a negative attitude because I thought I would have had my emotions back and this is not happening after almost a year, but you don't have to think you will be completely screwed for the rest of your life, it does get better with time, yes I have lost a big part of myself, it's like a miss a sense but I'm not a zombie anymore, life is dull without emotions and I will miss a lot of amazing things in life but there is not much I can do other than accept it.

This is just happening because I got six injections, (four 234mg ones), many of you will probably have their emotions back, especially the people who only had the two initial load doses.

Will it never return? Stam-cells? - St.Johns-Worth? - What do you think, is this receptor irreversible blocked or died? Are all, every single receptor blocked? I would do everything, if there would be a way to have all back and if I would have the chance to live with my loved son Elias again.

I'm not a pharmacologist or biochemist. I just have a really hard time believing a receptor could be permanently blocked.

@Empty it does not mean anything, it's not a guy who took a single injection may well be damn that a guy about 6 it depends on everyone comment a reaction our brain to this poison I took that one is soon 5 months later no improvement ..

I'm sorry you guys are struggling.
It has been 8 months since my last injection.

I have noticed so many improvements in my life that I am ready to get it back. I am going to make some friends, work out, and close this forbidden chapter of my life that was invega and psychosis.

Maybe my strength hasn't returned or my muscle mass and I am "out of shape" XD but it isn't the worse of my worries. My brain has returned to me and for that I am so happy. I can sleep, have sex, get turned on by thoughts, libido is there.

Working for two months at my new job. Everything is going great. Making money, cooking dinner, playing online video games with friends and communicating with them. Always thinking.

For awhile I was very worried. Didn't feel like I was going to get better the first few months. Sat on the couch and just listened to music. Was afraid I had permenant brain damage. I couldn't have a decent conversation and I couldn't retain any information. I was scared out of my mind. The restlessness. The anhedonia the depressive thoughts and "is this all that has become of me" thoughts constantly plauged me. I was so miserable I wanted a way out.

But I started welbutrin and for a few months I didn't notice anything. Kept taking it. Then I tried to work and couldn't. Told my psych about this and he prescribed me Adderall. Began taking that. The first time I took it I felt doors open up that I never thought were imaginable. It felt like ectasy if I had to describe it. I felt like I was normal again. I was talking pretty quickly and had energy I wasn't hungry all the time and I could hear my thoughts again. The more I sstuck with it the better I began to feel.

Then I got a THC vape from the state. I puff on that when I am really upset about the condition I was in...what the poison did to me... I take a few puffs and all the pain goes away. I feel happy. Calm. Safe. It then turns into positive energy.

Sometimes. I combine the Adderall and THC vape and will use them together. I feel like the best when I get that sort of rush to my brain and everything feels alive I get butterfly's just thinking about it. (Careful you don't lead yourself into a Psychosis though. Ever since my incident I have much more control over my thoughts and I know where my boundaries are)

So if I got out of that fucking dark hole, you guys can do it too. I'm here to tell you it's not too late. People are posting remedies on here all the time that they are trying. The most you can do is try these combinations that I have offered. And if it is too extreme for you. Try other people's methods. I bought a detox drink that cleaned me inside out for hours because of it's impotence and drinking it with water I had the effects for hours of cleansing and after that, boy was it a game changer. I had to work right after the detox. A few days after. Didn't feel much different. But this was two months ago. After the first few weeks I felt even better than before!! So megacleanse detox on Amazon $15.00 try this stuff out guys. Do something for yourselves. Follow my regiment and tweak it as you want but my advice is to get the brain stimulated. If you don't want to work out ( I still haven't ) then you can stimulate with sex, masturbation, music, eating (not too much), weed, SSRI's, amphetamines( no street drugs go get a script by your doctor tell them you can't focus on anything) and videogames. My girlfriend was a stimulator for me too living with her has been great for me. I had a hard time finding attraction for awhile when I was on Invega (was much more attracted before invega) but guess what. It goes away. The fears I had all dissipated as I pushed myself to experience new feelings again and before I knew it what I feared has now become the past.

Few more notes: Adderall can have negative effects when taken for prolonged periods (I take breaks when im off but long term use may be counter productive for the brains dopamine and serotonin production as you may strip the brains ability to produce on its own so don't stay on it once you feel healed)

My penis had shrunk on Invega. It came back though lol ;)

Adderall makes your penis "turtle" but you can see the difference when you don't use it so it's not like invega where u think it's gone. It's just hiding cause your on Adderall XD
Also Adderall can have some ED problems. When first starting I had loss sensitivity. Now I wait for the drug to "die down" in my system before I have sex. Haven't had any problems for a few months now.

Been on welbutrin for about 6 months. Been using Adderall for 4 months. No usage on days off.

I wish I had more advice but this is what I did and it's what worked for me. I hope you can all find something that works for you. Now if you don't mind me I am going to have a puff and relax after reliving this shit through text.
Much love to you all
-Offvega

Megacleanse link Detoxify Mega Clean Herbal Cleanse ? Tropical Flavor? 32 oz | Professionally Formulated Herbal Detox Drink | Enhanced with Milk Thistle Extract, Ginseng Root Extract & Guarana Seed Extract https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001982OBK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Gz3FCbXGHS01D

Last edited:
Also idk if you guys remember me. I was in the old thread awhile back but in October I walked away because I needed to get my mind straight and couldn't cope with the struggle. I was there when invegauser said he healed. I also know about Zach and am happy for him I know him in Skype so I will have to congratulate him and ask him how he did it but yeah if you check my history you can see I was a frequent sufferer too

What’s up I know it’s late/early in the am but I was just dropping in. I’ve been posting more on here in the past month or so because I’m frustrated more than anything. Day 252, week 36 since my last injection. According to halflives being 49 days, I have passed my 5th half life. But I have yet to have any improvements. I’m not sleeping at all after 8 months (I thought I’d be dead by now with no sleep) which sounds impossible. Not one night of 4-8 hours of sleep. I’ve had on a count of one hand maybe a few more days about an hour or two of sleep. I have tried Trazodone, melatonin, doxepin, ambien, NyQuil, and another medicine that I can’t remember but nothing has worked. I have no thoughts, emotions, or an sex drive. I’m still not functional and I still feel disabled. I’m still in zombie mode unfortunately. I didn’t think that I would still be repeating this 8 months later but I am. Lately I’ve been becoming afraid that this may be permanent. Bc it’s just scary that after over a half a year, nothing has changed. I have another doctors appointment later today, to discuss the same thing I’ve been iterating since April 20th(my birthday) of last year. I just don’t get how this stuff is legal. I really would like to go to the alternative to meds detox center but I don’t have 60,000 dollars to undergo the detox procedure. I’m not suicidal, but I think about death a lot more and no more suffering. What’s crazy is, today is March 6, a year ago today I was admitted into the hospital where I would get my first initial dose and second dose and be diagnosed Schizophrenia. Never in a million years did I think this would be the obstacle I would be facing or yet be in this position a year later. I admit, the first two injections I was still high functioning and still active in life. It was my third injection on April 19th which would begin everything I’ve experienced up to this date. I honestly just want to feel better. I was fresh upon receiving my bachelors degree and internship of fall 2017. This illness caught me completely off guard. I do feel like it’s been the worst thing to happen to me, but also I know that it’s been majority the medication the reason I haven’t come to terms with accepting this disorder. I’ve read many stories of high functioning individuals living with schizophrenia. That’s where I would like to be apart of, not this person who feels like an outsider to society now and a non contributor. Before all of this I was very motivated, intellectual, driven, goal oriented, and action based. Now I struggle with getting out of the bed, the ability to watch tv, maintaining hygiene, any social interactions, and holding a conversation. There’s no processing thoughts anymore or accessing emotions, just a blank mind. I hope things shift soon. I seriously don’t know how much longer I can take living in this condition. Sorry for the long post, hope some of you all are able to relate to my message. I know for everyone struggling at this moment, there isn’t much words to find comfort. Your uneasy 24/7. Still to this day I have not adapted to these conditions. I would just like to say, I hope that you receive healing. That’s all we want. & try your best to just make it through each day. Bc that’s the hardest thing at the moment. Just to make it through the day.

@lifeline
Are you taking any supplements to counter the effects of this crap? Antipsychotics cause a lot of nutrient deficiencies so IMO supplementing with those is a big step towards recovery.
I'm having trouble sleeping aswell, no matter what I do I always wake up between 8 and 9 am which the most annoying symptom I'm experiencing right now. But at least I can sleep like 8-10 hours a night though. I really suggest you trying 5-HTP + melatonin + B6 + B12 + valerian and maybe ashwaghanda for sleep. That's what I'm taking in the evening and I don't experience nightly awakenings atm.
I also ordered some skullcap herb tincture and pills to aid sleeping and those should arrive today so I'm gonna hit you guys up about the results with skullcap. It should antagonize 5-HT7 receptors so my biggest wish right now is that it can compete with paliperidones antagonizing effect and release the blocked receptors. But I'm pretty sure I'm wishing for a bit too much. But since some competitive antagonists for the 5-HT7 receptors can release the irreversible antagonism I wanted to try it.
The second most annoying symptom at the moment are the endless racing thoughts / earworms. The latest song I hear from TV or radio gets stuck in my head sometimes for the whole day and it really pisses me off. Only way to get around those is when I read something, watch TV or have a conversation with someone. I ordered some NAC which can probably help with that symptom. But I'm still waiting for it to arrive so can't really say if it works or not. Is anyone else experiencing the same as I am? I read from somewhere that earworms are more common in people who find music a big part of their life. And I'm a hobbyist musician and I've been playing drums since I was a kid so that might explain the earworms. But sometimes I literally can't turn off my thoughts and sometimes I find it hard to sleep because of that. NAC should counter the effects of glutamate in the brain which is an excitatory neurotransmitter so I really hope to see some results with it. I also ordered glycine which should help to fall asleep faster. Still waiting for that to arrive too.
Geez, my supplement stack is growing and growing all the time, but I will keep on growing it until I find something that makes me feel better, and of course then I can inform all of you guys too about useful supplements so we all can benefit from those. But the most important supplements we can take to counter the effects are definately minerals, vitamins and my biggest favourite at the moment, 5-HTP.
I suggest you to read this article; https://www.optimallivingdynamics.c...diazepines-induced-guide-vitamins-medications

I'm almost 2 months off since my last injection, I only received 2 shots within 2 weeks so I guess I got "lucky". I started doing push-ups today and I'm planning on starting to take some walks / jogs outside just to get some fresh air and well, exercise is never unhealthy. I'm gonna start working again in April because I'm so bored at home right now and I want some content to my days. All I do is watch TV and read. I'm thankful for having a girlfriend because she's been a big part in my recovery. I get to socialize thanks to her because at the moment I'm too lazy to go out with my friends but I really enjoy spending time with her.
At the moment I can laugh kinda a lot and cry, feel angry etc. so I guess I've made some progress because I was an emotionless robot a while back and I couldn't even cry even tho I felt more than depressed.
And now I can easily hold conversations with my girl and watch TV without dropping off the shows plot. But so far for myself I really find the 5-HTP the most useful supplement I've been experiencing with, so I really suggest everyone to try it out, as long as you're not on an antidepressant medication. And make sure you supplement with vitamin B6 if you do decide to take 5-HTP since it needs the active form of B6 as a cofactor to turn into serotonin. And serotonin needs B12 in order to turn into melatonin so I suggest that too.

Current stack of supplements;
Triple magnesium
Triple zinc
Glutathione
Ginkgo baloba
5-HTP
Melatonin
Fish oils
Berberine
Mucuna pruriens
Turmeric oral spray
CoQ10
Iodine
Selenium
Arginine
Boron
B vitamin complex 50
P-5-P (active form of B6)
Fat soluble vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
Acetyl-L-carnitine & alpha lipoic acid
Valerian root powder / tea
Rhodiola rosea powder
Ashwaghanda powder
Maca root powder
Soy lecithin, if you experience akathisia or other involuntary movements, muscle spasms etc, lecithin will most likely help with those symptoms
Occasionally some detox tea which makes me pee a lot, paliperidone is excreted mostly renally so peeing is important
And a shitload of cigarettes lmao.
Still waiting for NAC, glycine and skullcap to arrive but those could be listed here aswell. If you need any information about what all of these supplements do just Google ie. magnesium benefits and you'll get a ton of useful articles. Healthline is very informative site with reliable sources.

With these supplements I've managed to get rid of akathisia, anorgasmia and erectile dysfunction, got some of my libido back, normal sperm count, less brain fog, less anxiety, depression gone almost completely. I still need to get my prolactin and testosterone tested so I can see if the supplements have managed to lower my prolactin levels. IIRC the normal prolactin levels for men were 40-240ng/ml and I had like 1500+.

Stay tough everyone, if one can do it, we all can do it.

Last edited:
@phucinvega sounds like you found a regimen that works for you. No I haven’t taken any other supplements outside of anti depressants. It sounds like your making a speedy recovery being able to speak fluently, able to watch tv, and is ready to get back in the work force. I don’t know if taking all those supplements will help me. & honestly don’t have the money to afford to pay for all of that. I’m just regretting ever taking this, since my life has drastically changed and I won’t recover the time that has been allotted (11 months). I don’t know I’m praying for a miracle. I just want to get back to my normal life...music doesn’t even feel the same anymore and I was a huge fan of music. Also miss smoking marijuana, which I used to do a lot. I tried it a few months back but I didn’t get any affect. I’m just miserable right now that all the things I once did seem nonexistent right now. I pray that things will shift this month. My birthday is next month and I really want to enjoy it to the fullest. 4/20

Courage @Lifeline I'm in the same big shit as you, unlike me 5 months, and we have common points I pray to smoke a joint with a good piece of french rap ... but the effects no longer exist. After the firecracker or you fall asleep like a big baby ... a life without emotion is not a life I hope that everyone including you will find everything one day it would be fabulous. If I healed I roll a 1000 sheets

Hope everyone is doing okay I went through the old thread and it was hard to read. I feel for you all. Keep pushing through it.

@lifeline
If you can afford at least some of them I really suggest you to try magnesium, zinc, fish oils, B6 (P-5-P) and B12. Magnesium is needed for over 300 functions in your body so it's one of the most essential supplements we can take while under the influence. Zinc supports magnesium so it's recommended that you take magnesium and zinc together. Fish oils are important for brain health and fatty acid metabolism so supplementing with fish oils wouldn't be a bad thing to do. Tryptophan which you get from different kinds of foods needs the active form of vitamin B6 (P-5-P) in order to convert to 5-HTP and from 5-HTP into serotonin so it's a pretty essential vitamin too. And serotonin needs B12 for melatonin conversion so it's pretty essential too, but B12 is poorly absorbed so if you decide to try them make sure the B12's are at least 1 mg / 1000 ug. My birthday is in April too, 30th of April to be exact. I hope you feel better by your birthday man! I wish you all the best. =)

@Offvega
How are you doing brother? How long have you been off the shot so far?

So my glycine and skullcap order arrived, I don't know if glycine is doing much at least not yet but today I woke up 7 am and took a dose of skullcap and valerian, went back to bed and I was able to sleep till 10 am. A new record lmao.
Yesterday I bought some Lion's Mane mushroom powder.

"The nervous system consists of the brain, spinal cord and other nerves that travel throughout the body. These components work together to send and transmit signals that control almost every bodily function.Injuries to the brain or spinal cord can be devastating. They often cause paralysis or loss of mental functions and can take a long time to heal.
However, research has found that lion’s mane mushroom extract may help speed recovery from these types of injuries by stimulating the growth and repair of nerve cells (16, 17, 18). In fact, lion’s mane mushroom extract has been shown to reduce recovery time by 23–41% when given to rats with nervous system injuries.

New animal research has found that lion’s mane mushroom extract has anti-inflammatory effects that can reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression in mice (11, 12).

Other animal studies have found that lion’s mane extract can also help regenerate brain cells and improve the functioning of the hippocampus, a region of the brain responsible for processing memories and emotional responses (13, 14).
Researchers believe that improved functioning of the hippocampus may explain the reductions in anxious and depressive behaviors in mice given these extracts. "

I also decided to order some sulbutiamine and sarcosine. Sulbutiamine is classified as a nootropic. It's basically a synthetic derivative of vitamin B1 (thiamine).
"Sulbutiamine is used to treat asthenia (symptoms of fatigue or weakness) in France. Because thiamine deficiency causes problems with memory and other cognitive functions, thiamine and analogs like sulbutiamine have been studied in clinical trials in the 1980s and 1990s for age-associated cognitive decline.[8] Sulbutiamine has been explored in clinical trials as a potential treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome.[3]

And sarcosine should go together pretty well with the NAC I ordered;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Anhedonia_...sine_nac_nacetylcysteine_success_stories_for/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Anhedonia_...cosine_vs_ssri_antidepressant_citalopram_for/

I also found and interesting post from the v2 thread about sarcosine;

swisscurrie said:29-12-2016 04:26
I found an interesting study showing that the addition of a Glycine transporter type 1 inhibitor to antipsychotic treatment reduced the dopaminergic disruption and side effects cased by Risperidone (identical to Invega)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20725779

The authors write: "When risperidone and Org-24461 were added in combination, a decrease in extracellular dopamine concentrations was accompanied with sustained elevation of extracellular glycine levels. Interestingly, the extracellular concentrations of glutamate were also enhanced. Our data indicate that coadministration of an antipsychotic with a GlyT-1 inhibitor may normalize hypofunctional NMDA receptor-mediated glutamatergic neurotransmission with reduced dopaminergic side effects characteristic for antipsychotic medication."

Org-24461 was created based off sarcosine and has an identical mechanism of action as sarcosine. So basically what has been shown is that sarcosine alongside Invega should normalize disrupted and unbalanced dopaminergic function and at the same time also normalize glutamate NDMA receptor function, which is believed to be suppresed in schizophrenia and the main cause for negative, cognitive and depressive symptoms. There are dozens of studies showing that Sarcosine works very effectively against negative, depressive and cognitive symptoms of schizophrenia. There was a double blind study comparing sarcosine with citalopram for depression and sarcosine achieved a three times greater remission rate after 6 weeks than citalopram.

"
The depression – as measured with the HAMD – was significantly more improved under sarcosine after two, four, and after six weeks compared to citalopram. After six weeks of treatment with citalopram the HAMD score had dropped to 14.0 points (baseline: 24.5), but with sarcosine to 9.4 points (baseline: 23.7). After six weeks, 14 of 20 patients treated with sarcosine fulfilled the criteria for treatment response, but only 4 out of 20 treated with citalopram. Only one patient who was treated with citalopram achieved a remission, but 13 of those treated with sarcosine. Both group differences were statistically significant (p = 0.004 and < 0.001). The tolerability of sarcosine was excellent, relevant adverse effects were not documented."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/815027

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27555541

So my best advice for anyone with Invega still in their blood is order Sarcosine and N-acetylcysteine now. The money that it would cost (less than 50 dollars) is worth it. The long term health of your brain and quality of life is more important.
Both of these supplements have shown to be very effective against depression, bipolar depression, OCD, negative symptoms of schiz, tricholomania and they are now even showing that Sarcosine could regrow dopamine neurons in parkinsons and be an alternative threapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3797382/

I have never found a study as promsing as this. I feel my dopamine neurons have likely been damaged from long term use of SSRIs through my development as well as a short period of amphetamine use. This is the first study that I have found that shows that even after 80% nigral dopamine neuron loss induced by unilateral intrastriatal injections ot the toxin 6-hydroxydopamine, the brain can through glycine transporter 1 inhibition (sarcosine) recover the majority of the lost dopamine neurons by stimulating dopaminergic axon growth rate and axon branching.

You can read the study here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3797382/

I read another article stating the N-acetylcysteine, which is sold in combination with Sarcosine under the brand name ProFrontal (indicated for psychiatric disorders, check the website), also stimulates significant dopamine neuron growth and regenerates the dopamine neuron loss in patients with Parkinsons.

So I really believe that a combination of Sarcosine and N-acetlcysteine could stimulate massive dopaminergic recovery induced by the poison Invega.
The studies all show that Sarcosine and N-acetylcysteine:
-Work effectively against depression, either alone or as a way to augment medication.
-Alleviate negative and cognitive symptoms of schizophrenia.
-Reduce the side effects of antipsychotic drugs (akathisia, restelesness, anhedonia etc)
-Are neuroprotective (preserve the brain and prevent further damage from occuring) and stimulate the growth of new neurons in the hippocampus.
-Stimualte the generation of new dopamine neurons.
-Prevent weight gain and metabolic disturbances from antipsychotics.

I have no idea if this combination will cure anything that invega caused but for those with it still in there bloodstream it is worth taking because it will prevent further damage from occurring, and at the same time give a strong antidepressive and anti-anhedonic effect.

Last edited:
@antipsychotique33 yeah that’s the goal. Just want to get better first to have a clear thought process and emotions. It’s just amazing that I’m not better by now.

@PhucInvega like I said before I’ll look into it. Just sucks we have to go through all of this just to function normal.

My parents think that the medicine is no longer in my system. Then why in the fuck am I still feeling Thais way. I swear I’m over this shit I wish I wasn’t existing anymore I swear. I’m tired of being fucking miserable 24/7 while the rest of the world is enjoying their lives. It’s like prayer isn’t working. I’m tired of being in this state of being. I wish God would just take me from my misery. I’ve lost hope of healing. Fuck invega. Fuck whoever created this shit. Fuck my life.

@lifeline I feel the same way, But take a blood test see if ur hormones are normal. I took a blood test mine are, and I'm still feeling the side affects. I'm thinkin maybe a low dose is still in my system, or invega is out of system and my brain is permanently altered, or the brain is growin away from changes invega has made. However if I remember right, eddrud said his hormones were normal and he was having a sexual dysfunction still. So idk...

I also prey to God to take me from this misery too, it does me no good... But I have been reading past posts, and came across pacitian and stablon, the post said he healed in three days.. Any one else try it?

Last edited:
Im 2 months since my last invega injection. Advice, tips?

Hey OffVega, I was inspired by your story and I'd like to share what I'm going through at the moment. Maybe you will have some insight for me, who knows.

I will start by saying that I am not entirely against the use of invega (or paliperidone) since it did snap me out of a psychotic episode and has helped me to sleep (I have always struggled with getting enough sleep). However, as so many people have complained, the side effects of the drug are quite tough to deal with. There is anhedonia, loss of libido, restlessness, difficulty to concentrate and loss of memory - basically all the traits of a zombie. The way I see it, these side effects are pretty horrendous and it's worth a shot to come off the medication and try to deal with the psychosis with other methods, maybe vitamins, supplements, who knows what.

I'm 2 months away from my last injection of the max dose of invega (234mg) which I was previously on for 2 years. I was being monitored and followed up for those two years by a clinic whose job was to make sure I was on medication. Now that I'm "graduated" as they call it from the clinic (my two years are up) I'm on my own and am supposed to get the injection from my family doctor, who I have not gone in to see yet for my injection. I have always been opposed to taking strong medications with serious side effects and now that I finally have my chance to become sober I am taking it. The only issues I'm dealing with now is lack of sleep. It's hard to explain but basically the medication has helped me to sleep every day. Now that I can feel the levels dying down in my system, it's becoming harder to sleep. That's my big issue, sleep. When I went psychotic in the summer of 2016 it was after a week of not sleeping a wink. My mind deteriorated and I didn't even realize what was happening. Do you know what I could do, besides go back on invega, to actually fall asleep? I've tried melatonin, VSP, a type of tea that is supposed to help with sleep but I still don't get any REM sleep (or deep restful sleep). I basically will lay in my bed for the whole night seeing through my eye lids in a half awake/ half asleep state.

I mean there was a reason I was put on the medication to begin with. I don't think I was misdiagnosed. I think I had a problem (schizophrenia) and the medication suppressed it. However I just can't deal with the side effects anymore and I want to be able to experience regular human emotions. I want to think on my feet again and have a sharp mind and return to uni and be socially accepted, you know? So basically, I want to know if you have any suggestions of what I can do to cope, heal, improve, whatever my state of mind while I come off the invega so that I don't relapse as the doctors have warned me of so many times.

Sorry for the rant... Hope you can help.

- Legolas I mean Invegolas

Status
Not open for further replies.