Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @CJ I take abilify and I recently started taking Wellbutrin about 3 weeks ago. No changes or improvements yet. I also tried sertraline a few months back.

@lifeline
I really suggest trying 5-HTP. I got my last shot only 43 days ago and once I started taking 5-HTP it made a huge difference in how I feel. I no longer feel depressed or anxious almost at all.
I currently take 200 mg in the morning and 100 mg in the evening. My 5-HTP supplement also has 100 mg of valerian root powder per pill so it helps me relax and sleep.
5-HTP also needs the active form of vitamin b6 known as P5P to be converted into serotonin so taking it with 5-HTP will help.
I'm pretty sure SSRI's or NDRI's like Wellbutrin won't help that much since receptors are blocked.
Here's also an useful link for you to read, you can also ask your pdoc about 5-HTP and interactions.
https://www.livestrong.com/article/519502-is-it-safe-to-take-5-htp-wellbutrin/

Hello I am new to blue light.
I am prescribed one year of monthly 117mg invega injections I will be tapered off at the end of the year. (CTO)
Probably a repetitive question but I'm wondering if there is any hope of recovery from the ahnedonia, sexual dysfunction and cognitive dysfunction when it's finally time too come off the poison?
Also, any tips on how I can deal with these side effects while on invega?

@canadianscott well if ur tapering off this year, I think it takes about 8 to 12 months to recover maybe longer, and I think the more shots u get the longer it takes

@antipsychotique33 I had 5 injections. I don’t have any thoughts or emotions. I’m one day shy from 8 months. Thought I’d be better by now. Still feel the same exact way I felt when receiving my third injection.

@PhucInvega I’m going to look into it and ask my doc about it. Has is helped with your thoughts and emotions?

@CanadianScott welcome to the thread. I would suggest you find anyway possible to get off the injection and soon. The longer your on the longer it takes for it to wear off. I’m 8 months off with no improvement and I received 5 injections. Worst decision in my life (although I was court ordered). Life is just passing me by. I have no thoughts, no emotions, no libido, struggle with speaking, not sleeping, I mean the list just goes on. Save yourself, tell your doc there is other medication worth trying before it’s too late. I have no plan for the day, just lay in bed. Best of luck to you and look forward to hear your progress on the forum.

Damn that's a long time! It may be tough two years or longer.

Just wanted to add to communicate that we recover at different speeds and in different ways..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear you haven't recovered and that's incredibly terrible news since I think I'm going to be forced to take the injections for the year
Fml

@lifeline
It definately helped with suicidal and dark thoughts and I no longer feel depressed about my situation thanks to the 5-HTP. I think it helped with the anhedonia a bit too but I still feel kinda flat.
But I'm experiencing earworms a lot. The most recent song I hear gets stuck in my head for hours sometimes and it's pretty annoying. It's most likely caused by this poison;
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3830214/ "Antipsychotic medication can sometimes reduce these symptoms but can also trigger or augment them."

@CanadianScott
I'm 44 days off my last injection, I received 1 150mg and 1 100mg shot two weeks after the first one. I can ejaculate almost normally now and get hard, my sperm isn't wet anymore and I no longer get dry orgasms.
Sexual dysfunction is caused most likely by high prolactin/low testosterone but there are many supplements you can take to counter high prolactin, I recommend you to get your prolactin checked and also check this thread;
https://www.reddit.com/r/steroids/wiki/the_estrogen_handbook/prolactin_supplements

Thanks for the advice, when I get my blood test I will ask about getting my prolactin levels checked.

It's nice to hear you have noticed some improvements.

I found out today I wont be forced any more injections for the rest of the year, just the pills.
Will also be tapered off sooner then I thought.
I'm really hoping this will speed up my recovery time a bit when it's time to come off completely.

Hello @CJ I take abilify and I recently started taking Wellbutrin about 3 weeks ago. No changes or improvements yet. I also tried sertraline a few months back.

Give the Wellbutrin some more time. It takes awhile for some people. Hopefully it will help some. From what most people in this thread say it just takes time to recover

Yeah unfortunately antidepressants (save ketamine, which isn't an option for people with psychotic symptoms) can take 2 or even 3 months to work fully. It's the unfortunate guinea pig many of us have to play.

Hello everyone I have returned to update my progress. I have had 8 shots. I have gained about 30 pounds. I have been off the invega for 8 months now and I feel great.

Sexual function has returned. Sometimes I go multiple times a day.

Thinking and speech have returned. Thoughts have returned back to normal. Inner thinking is good. Good reaction time in video games.

Physically I need to start working out again. I now have had a job for 2 months as a caretaker for the disabled. Life is really much better for me. I can have sex. I can vape on weed ( make sure you get a safe source of weed because that's how I got fucked on this stuff) and I take Adderall when I need to. I also take welbutrin and I feel much better.

So yeah. Even my personality is coming back. But I won't forget what they did to me. I have definitely changed as a person from this experience. I was started on invega and zyprexa. I thought I was going to die

The longer I spent on invega the worse it felt. I finally convinced my dad to let me quit 8 months ago because I knew I was misdiagnosed. I was reacting from spiced weed and I had a guilty concious about something I did which amplified my anxiety and I had psychosis. But they injected me and kept kept me on invega because I attacked my family. So yeah. It was a one time incident but no doctor's wanted to take me off the medicine so I just quit and I knew I would be fine.

So yeah. Keep hope in your hearts. Find a loved one who will be with you at your side as you work on getting better. It will get better. Slowly your functions will return. Just don't give up. We need to keep faith for the others who will need the help in the future.

I will check back once in a while here but I don't want to get too involved again as I am moving on from the experience too.

If you have questions just ask me.

So yeah. I would say I'm recovered. Weed helped ironically and welbutrin and Adderall. I felt all senses recover. Reaction time is back. No more pacing. Able to focus on videogames for 12 hours straight. I'm so thankful that it returns. I didn't do much exercise but I vaped alot of weed and I just started to feel better everyday. Eat healthy. I ate junk food and gained alot of weight. Now I got a job I am eating healthy and starting to exercise.

Personality has taken damage from this shit. My confidence isn't what it was and I feel bad about my weight and I lost a girlfriend during the whole event. I went through alot. Anyone on this shit is going to need therapy after because you won't be the same.

Also I been going to therapy every week where I practice talking about my feelings and being human again.

Also I can journal now. Even my handwriting looks better from on invega vs after. It's great. But yeah I have proof that invega will kill you. I am a survivor just like the rest of you will be too.

I'm 26 male I'm 200 pounds mostly just got a chubby stomach haha but I can work it off didn't develop man boobs but did lose all definition I had.

That's about all I can think of. I have a journal I can write about eventually. Just wanted to check on you guys. I saw Zack here that's good that he recovered congrats!!

Keep the hope alive everyone. It's possible to recover.

Hello everyone I have returned to update my progress. I have had 8 shots. I have gained about 30 pounds. I have been off the invega for 8 months now and I feel great.

Sexual function has returned. Sometimes I go multiple times a day.

Thinking and speech have returned. Thoughts have returned back to normal. Inner thinking is good. Good reaction time in video games.

Physically I need to start working out again. I now have had a job for 2 months as a caretaker for the disabled. Life is really much better for me. I can have sex. I can vape on weed ( make sure you get a safe source of weed because that's how I got fucked on this stuff) and I take Adderall when I need to. I also take welbutrin and I feel much better.

So yeah. Even my personality is coming back. But I won't forget what they did to me. I have definitely changed as a person from this experience. I was started on invega and zyprexa. I thought I was going to die

The longer I spent on invega the worse it felt. I finally convinced my dad to let me quit 8 months ago because I knew I was misdiagnosed. I was reacting from spiced weed and I had a guilty concious about something I did which amplified my anxiety and I had psychosis. But they injected me and kept kept me on invega because I attacked my family. So yeah. It was a one time incident but no doctor's wanted to take me off the medicine so I just quit and I knew I would be fine.

So yeah. Keep hope in your hearts. Find a loved one who will be with you at your side as you work on getting better. It will get better. Slowly your functions will return. Just don't give up. We need to keep faith for the others who will need the help in the future.

I will check back once in a while here but I don't want to get too involved again as I am moving on from the experience too.

If you have questions just ask me.

So yeah. I would say I'm recovered. Weed helped ironically and welbutrin and Adderall. I felt all senses recover. Reaction time is back. No more pacing. Able to focus on videogames for 12 hours straight. I'm so thankful that it returns. I didn't do much exercise but I vaped alot of weed and I just started to feel better everyday. Eat healthy. I ate junk food and gained alot of weight. Now I got a job I am eating healthy and starting to exercise.

Personality has taken damage from this shit. My confidence isn't what it was and I feel bad about my weight and I lost a girlfriend during the whole event. I went through alot. Anyone on this shit is going to need therapy after because you won't be the same.

Also I been going to therapy every week where I practice talking about my feelings and being human again.

Also I can journal now. Even my handwriting looks better from on invega vs after. It's great. But yeah I have proof that invega will kill you. I am a survivor just like the rest of you will be too.

I'm 26 male I'm 200 pounds mostly just got a chubby stomach haha but I can work it off didn't develop man boobs but did lose all definition I had.

That's about all I can think of. I have a journal I can write about eventually. Just wanted to check on you guys. I saw Zack here that's good that he recovered congrats!!

Keep the hope alive everyone. It's possible to recover.

Do you still have problems with your circadian rhythm? Paliperidone seems to be an irreversible antagonist for 5-HT7 receptors which control sleep and circadian rhythm, but also memory, learning and mood regulation. I wake up exactly 9 am every morning and after that it's impossible for me to fall asleep again no matter what, even if I'm tired af I just can't sleep.

Honestly. I can't say because I am working overnights. I can sleep between 6-8 hours regularly during the day. Sometimes if I am off I will stay up as late as I can during the day and then crash early like 8pm then just stick to that til I work overnights again. So yeah I got a weird schedule. But I haven't felt that shitty feeling when trying to sleep on invega in a long time .

I also feel good enough to play videogames or watching movies, but I'm not gonna lie, it's not like pre invega, I can have a decent life but my brain simply doesn't "feel" anymore, no emotions, no pleasure, no libido, I can't feel, end of the story.

So I would say if you had many shots like me you can improve for sure, you will reach a point where you will be able to have a good life but maybe things are never gonna be the same as pre Invega.

I now understand Dirtyinvega when he told me his emotions didn't come back but he adapted, when I read his post I couldn't accept it but now I realize I don't have any other option, this is the only life I have and I accept my limits.

I must say. I am not the same guy I used to be. Sadly I have accepted the fact that invega toyed with my emotions and now I don't have the same kind of feelings I used to. It's complicated to explain but it's like an alternative version of me. A survivor though. I'm proud of myself because I have made it this far. Got a job and was in classes and did fine. Using my muscles again at work so I'm moving alot now.. so yeah it's strides you make personally that let's you determine your growth. I feel confident that I am out of the duldroms of invega because I can feel emotions again like anxiety and excitement as well as remorse and I can wander in thought. I don't feel like a zombie anymore. So yeah. It's different. But it's better than what it was.

I also cannot feel the really happy emotions like before. Also not in my dream. Before I felt exciting for everything like a child.I dont think I could love a man or feel so deep for everything. Cannot make somebody new cells in the brain? I think the receptors for the deep feelings are destroid.

Status
Not open for further replies.