Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Invegolas
Hey man, this "seeing through my eyelids in a half awake/half asleep state" sounds pretty familiar. I felt exactly like that when I got off the shot. It literally felt like I could see thru my eyelids even tho I was in a completely dark room. It's most likely a withdrawal symptom from the drug and it'll pass. I no longer feel like that and I'm close to 2 months off the shot, but what happens to me now is that I wake up exactly the same time every freaking morning but at least I can sleep like 8-10 hours a night, which is good. Though I see weird af dreams almost every night. What I take every evening for sleep is 3-6 mg of melatonin, 1 mg of B12 vitamin, some valerian tea which I let to steep for like 10 minutes and then I also take some skullcap (lateriflora) extract and that seems to do the trick, at least for me. Also high prolactin levels cause testosterone levels to go down and that might cause some insomnia so that might be the reason too. And invega makes your prolactin levels to skyrocket so that might be one of the reasons why you're not getting any sleep. There are plenty of supplements you can take to counter the prolactin rise which you can check out here; https://www.reddit.com/r/steroids/wiki/the_estrogen_handbook/prolactin_supplements

@jonnyhalo yeah man I just don’t get it. It’s like I’m in a bad dream that I can’t escape. I literally have not slept since June 2018. Maybe a few days of one to two hours of sleep. It’s driving me crazy man. & on top of that I’m just numb all day long. I just don’t get how this lasts so long. I mean I’ve missed 8 months of my precious life because of this. I just can’t believe I’m in the same place eight months later man. I would not wish this on anyone.

Just had an hour long conversation with my dad about this situation. No matter what is said, he doesn’t have to deal with this 24/7. Going from an independent lifestyle to barely being able to keep up your hygiene. Like imagine being in one mood, no new thoughts, emotions, or sleep for eight months straight. You’d be at edge yourself. It’s like being stripped all of your freedom you once had. You go from working, providing for yourself, living life without consequences to being in an altered state of being trying your best to at least make a conversation besides hello and how are you struggling. This medicine is poisonous and you can’t tell me any different. I mean no street drugs last this long, why would they make something legal last like this? It just doesn’t make sense.

Thanks PhucInvega. I don't think the half awake/half asleep state is from the invega because I had this for a week before my psychosis. Which was in 2016 before I was ever given any sort of antipsychotic. So thanks for the suggestions on treating insomnia. That's what I need right now. The only thing I can accredit to the drug is that it helped me sleep and without it I just need some other means of getting sleep which you gave me so thanks.

I'm new to this thread and I was just wondering... Why is everyone so keen on getting off of the invega, calling it a poison and all? Why were you all prescribed the drug in the first place? Was it a psychotic episode? Bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, depression? It may be that some of the side effects you guys are blaming on the drug is actually from the illness. But I'm not suggesting anything, you all know yourselves best. I'm just curious how everyone here got into this situation.

it shows that you are not in the shit you, I lost everything because of this poison, unable to think of feeling an emotion, no libido, my cock shrunk while before I was great. it helps those who are really in need, not those who just have a different way of thinking about those shit psy4 that I want to killer

@invegolas for me, I had an episode and was diagnosed schizophrenia which resulted in me getting injections. When I was first injected I didn’t have the side effects it was the third shot that left me disabled till this day. I know it’s not the illness but the medication. & if you are on it, I suggest you get off before you end up in a situation like people on this forum. It’s poisious & last in your system a very long time.

@antipsychotique33 righttttt. I hope you get better

@invegolas it is not the illnes, I had thoughts emotions and could get excited and cry and a strong sex drive even when I was in physcoisis and not in one, then I got this enjection of invega and then I lost my sex drive and always felt flat and dull. Everyone here is experiencing the same side effects.So take that, its the illness shit somewhere else. I get pissed when people say that shit

Last edited:
"take that, its the illness shit somewhere else. I get pissed when people say that shit"

Sorry for challenging your core beliefs buddy... I wasn't even saying it as factual I was suggesting it lol. I get the vibe from this thread that everyone is ignoring the fact they were put on the medication for a problem they had. It's like everyone here was misdiagnosed and now are trying to get some "poison" out of their body lol...

@Invegolas unfortunately misdiagnosis ca exists by the thousands if you only knew ... I just had to rest and stop the join and all go for the best I did not need a fucking drug, the medications can be helpful but in a transient way! and not to continue a treatment of months and months for nothing .. I do not wish you but if you know our misery, our problems you will understand the notion of transient, the fact that a treatment should not be continued at the price to be broken in 1000 on the other side, now we fight for our fucking life, our lives! and if one day I realize that I will have to stay like that all my life I will not assume in any case a life empty of emotion ..

The way I see it... It's the good cop / bad cop scenario. Either way you're getting arrested but it's not as bad with the good cop. The medication is the lesser of two evils. Either you live with an intense mental illness which incapacitates you and probably leaves you in the hospital or getting institutionalized for the rest of your life or you are a complete zombie on medication and can't return to school or live normal lives. Hell yeah, I agree with you guys that it's a terrible medication. It has really bad side effects. But if you're not on the medication then where are you getting your help? What's the alternative? I want to know and I'm honestly asking, what's the alternative? I haven't taken invega in 2 months because I too hate the effects of it, but what am I supposed to do when the illness comes back full fledged and angry? If anyone has an answer for me please do let me know. I am asking...

Invegolas.. It's because you have no control over your mind. You're succumbing to your negative thoughts and not pausing before reacting from the thoughts. Emotions get the best of us, especially fear and anger. I have four charges for my psychotic break. I have court next month. This medicine is simply a wake up call. A warning not to buy into my fear and anger any more. The mind hallucinates our realities. Tame the mind and start using it as a tool instead of your master.

@invegolas for me, I would just consider this medication to be horrible and poisonous. Like I’m in an altered state of being, no emotions, no thoughts, no libido, andehonia present, no sleep (my current issues). I’m miserable 24/7. The medication stays in your system too long (8 months and going). I’ve lost my social life, career, hobbies, recreational activities, my drive and desire. I’ve only been diagnosed for a year, but my goal would be still live a functional life in society. Yes I understand that medicine is used to reduce negative symptoms, but not to disable you from living your life. I don’t believe their is an alternative outside of taking medication, the solution is to find a medication that best fit you with minimal side effects. Living with an illness shouldn’t alter your life to the point of not being able to live in society and contribute. The side effects have outweighed the negative symptoms.

@lifeline Question for you: Are you not sleeping because you are not on the invega or is this a separate issue? When you were on the invega were you at least able to sleep? Also, an fyi, the drug is supposed to get rid of the positive symptoms such as hallucinating, being delusional, etc. The negative symptoms such as lack of motivation, bad mood, depression, etc those are effects of the illness (apparently).

4 months off now
I'm still very dumbed down with an IQ of an 11 year old and the abstraction ability of a chair. Memory is in bad shape and apparently I can't create new ones as with emotions, all I get is remembering the feeling of a situation/object/memory. Fatigue and muscle weakness are very apparent as well. I'd say I'm only 40% healed with 4-6 more long months to go. I just miss being creative, active, cheerful, philosophical, intelligent, quick, charismatic and all those wonderful traits I have lost to this horrible drug. Hopefully I'll have them back though.
God bless.

@invegolas I'm curious, so if your thinking some of the side effects are the illness, lack of motivation and bad mood, and depression. Why don't you continue to take invega? Could you function on it have long in-depth conversations think clearly, or feel the pleasure in activities that you like to do. Can u take joy in a good movie and feel inspired by it? Can u enjoy music feel moved by a good song? Can u feel love get excited and and get the butterflys talking to pretty woman?

So what I'm getting at is what do u think the symptoms of the illness is, and what do u think the side effects of invega is. U say ur 2 months off because u felt like a zombie. What's ur definition of zombie. what do u think u will gain or benifite from being off invega.

Last edited:
@invegolas at first I was sleeping when I was receiving my injections my last one is when I stopped sleeping and it?s been that way ever since. & I meant the positive symptoms of the illness. Typo

@Rebelhassan I feel the exact words you are saying. I miss those characteristics as well. & it?s good that you are seeing some type of improvement. Hope for you a speedy recovery

@jonnyhalo those are some good questions. Man I miss listening to music and being moved by it.

& I honestly wouldn’t be making these accusations if I didn’t have this type of reaction. I honestly just want to go back to my normal state of being. I don’t think anyone would ask to be in this situation. I miss my freedom man.

@invegolas I'm curious, so if your thinking some of the side effects are the illness, lack of motivation and bad mood, and depression. Why don't you continue to take invega? Could you function on it have long in-depth conversations think clearly, or feel the pleasure in activities that you like to do. Can u take joy in a good movie and feel inspired by it? Can u enjoy music feel moved by a good song? Can u feel love get excited and and get the butterflys talking to pretty woman?

So what I'm getting at is what do u think the symptoms of the illness is, and what do u think the side effects of invega is. U say ur 2 months off because u felt like a zombie. What's ur definition of zombie. what do u think u will gain or benifite from being off invega.

What do I think are the effects of the illness/invega? For the most part I don't really know. I've been on the drug for over 2 years and that's a really long time. I don't really remember a whole lot. All the problems I have along with the side effects seem to be jumbled together in the same brain and it's hard to differentiate that yes, this problem is from the drug, or yes, this problem was from before the drug. I know that I have always had social anxiety, I've always been a quiet person, and I've always had odd sleep patterns. Before ever being on an AP I don't recall being super functional (i.e. have long in-depth conversations, think clearly, feel the pleasure in activities that I like to do, take joy in a good movie, feel moved by a song) but maybe I was more functional than I am now. I don't recall.

All I know for certain is that I can sleep well on the invega. Last night was the first night since 2016 that I haven't slept at all, just laid in bed awake with my eyes closed and it really sucks. No amount of melatonin will allow me to get restful sleep. I tried valerian, chamomille tea, and VSP. Nothing helps so I know that it's a problem with my brain and at least the invega solves that problem.

When I said I felt like a zombie, I was talking about zoning out a lot and staring into blank space. Also feeling super numb-minded and flat (although I was told the flatness is part of my illness by all my doctors... and why shouldn't I believe the consensus of multiple doctors?).

I've been practically begging my doctors to let me reduce the dosage of the invega and I've mentioned that I hope to come off of it eventually. They never budge. They always have excuses like "I'd like to see you stable for 2 more months"... I'm supposed to get my injections from my GP from now on and I asked her to reduce the dose but she has no expertise and felt uncomfortable not going with the dose that my psychiatrist prescribed. So to not look like a paranoid schizo that thinks the medication is poisoning him, I agreed with my GP to take a dosage of the invega tomorrow until we can get this sorted out...

I don't even know if what I said sounds coherent or not. I just don't want to be on antipsychotics... Let me rephrase that. I don't want to HAVE to be on antipsychotics. I wish I didn't need them. But if I do need them then fuck it. My life is meaningless anyway... I'm one out of 8 billion people and no one will miss me when I'm gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.