• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Mushroom Grow Bag, Kits Ect, Do they work?

KingOfDarkness666

Greenlighter
Hello, I am just curious if anybody out there has used any of the grow bags, or grow kits, for psilocibe cubensis and other such strains of mushrooms, do these bags work? Are they quality mushrooms? If anybody has used these kits off of Amazon or similar sites, please let me know, I am interested in purchasing one, but I'm not sure if it will work or not

a friend of mine actualy used one of those kit things to grow his own shrooms a few years back. Im pretty sure he followed all the steps correctly, i even helped him buy the supplies for the grow but the end result was unsuccessful, they didn't work at all not sure what happened.

I have used the "all in one bag" kit with great success my buddy two years before that failed miserably. I think its all about ACTUALLY paying attention and following the directions.

There's alot of kits if I were you I would be trying to learn at the shroomery they have step by step guides with even were yo buy spores and all equipment I believe

You didn't even get a bunch of aborts, or the stringy root looking things? Hmm, could just be your spores never actually activated. It is best to buy spores seperate and prepare you own growth medium. These kits don't always have the conditions correct and things like humidity and ambient air temperature can really mess with mushrooms grow cycle.

If you buy all your parts seperately, prepare your own growth medium (I find a patty of pressure cooked rice cake dipped in vermiculite does a good job with the cubes I grew) and keep a journal of all the steps you are taking and the growth conditions you can pinpoint where in the chain there is a weak link.

Just look up the PF tek and buy a pressure cooker. I actually never moved on to bulk teks because the PF tek was all i needed in a sense. And it allowed me to do experiments in cloning and grain to grain transfers i even dabbled in liquid cultures.

But yeah its going to be infinitely cheaper to buy it piece by piece. You can get a small pressure cooker for cheap and that will be basically your only investment and its a one time deal. Then you can get spores for cheap and once you get good at sterile technique and all that goes with doing a sensitive procedure you can fill your days doing more advanced stuff. One of the best things you can do for yourself is try to make a liquid culture, you can almost get an unlimited amount of genetic material to propagate through any medium you choose and LC (liquid culture) is already grown spores so they colonize the sub straight quicker, these means less contamination.

I would read the PF tek over and over get some of those wide mouth jars and do it yourself. Believe me there is way more to it then just growing mushrooms and its how i learned the majority of my knowledge of that kind of thing. Its one of the few things as an amateur scientist you get to clone and feel all biologist with, its pretty cool if you take it seriously.

Many years ago I used one of those self-contained grow kits, well actually 2 of them. Both colonized and produced nice mushrooms. if I were to do it again I'd do it myself though because it's not hard and it cheaper and gives you more control.

Used a grow kit this summer. There is a little bit of a learning curve. You must be meticulous. I have posted about this before and if you can find my posts, you will get a lot of information. I followed directions, and ended up with more mushrooms than I knew what to do with. I ground them up and encapsulated them, I put them in chocolates and still had a ton left over. Those kits are real, but you must approach them with seriousness and diligence. If you do, your mushrooms will grow like weeds and you will have so many you will be giving them away. If you have any questions, PM me.

I was thinking about buying one of these kits for the sake of convenience.

Yes they work. You need to do some studying on some of the mushroom sites before you start. Just remember to be as sterile as possible in the first stages that's when the contamination risk is highest. Don't try the PF tek. Try using bags. You may want to buy pre made bags the first time to boost your confidence.

I grew some golden teacher many years ago with the bags and a spore syringe and if I remember correctly all I did was inoculate them and place them out of direct sunlight and they grew into a nice cube of incredible shrooms. They were very simple and were very potent. I'm sure the vendor makes a big difference because you need sterile conditions or you will be growing something besides shrooms!

That is what I used. Certainly you can make your own. However, EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED IN the kits that you need, and for a couple of hundred bucks, you can grow ounces of mushrooms...If you have a source for mushrooms, you may find it is just less hassle buying them, but it is very satisfying to grow your own...

Wow thank you everyone, excellent responses. And I always, ALWAYS do my homework, so I know its easy to grow piece by piece , I was just wanting to go the quick route for my first time. I am also looking I to DMT teks, gonna try to do some online shopping and see if I can get what Ineed. Its winter where i kive, so harvesting live, wild specimen is out of the question. I also don't have a ton of room for a terarium and such. Small apartment. So the bag seemed like the way to go, I just wanted to see if anyone had any luck with them. I love BL. I appreciate the in depth responses. I am kind of making Psychs my life's work not life's priority, but I spend much of my free time researching every single thing I can about the mind, and its interactions withpsychedelics, as well as natural methods if achieving a higher state of being. Merging the two when possible. I have alot of question about alot of thing. I know alot, but I strive to learn more everyday. The world and human race fascinate me. So do otherworldly things and experiences, this is why I have decided to study as much as I can about these subjects, and input from intelligent persons such as yourselves helps me gain a more complete understanding of the universe. Thanks guys.

I typically only buy the spore syringes but I make the growth medium myself.

The grow kits sometimes grow mushrooms that don't produce spores (by design), so you have to keep buying kits to grow more. It's how the companies stay in business. I don't really consider it a scam because the convenience of the kits works well for most people who don't want to have to prep and sterilize the medium themselves.

I prefer to make my own spore prints so that I can keep growing if I want, especially if the batch was successful. Only way to guarantee I can do that is to prep everything myself.

P.S. Golden teachers are awesome!

Man you guys are getting me to want to order some spores and do another grow,lol!

Foreigner you are right the golden teacher strain was incredible and it was one of the most pleasant trips I've had. I think I might place an order,I never had a problem with my pschydelics I could take them or leave them I never became dependent. I just need someone to trip with.

I grew some golden teacher many years ago with the bags and a spore syringe and if I remember correctly all I did was inoculate them and place them out of direct sunlight and they grew into a nice cube of incredible shrooms. They were very simple and were very potent. I'm sure the vendor makes a big difference because you need sterile conditions or you will be growing something besides shrooms!

I have to admit I have used those bags a few times with various strains - always had great results for minimal effort. Golden Teachers were great. I've also had great results from the smaller grow boxes / trays - just as easy but smaller yields / flushes.

Okay, that settles it.I will be ordering a GT grow bag, and maybe 100g MHRB. Do you guys think 100 g is enough for a personal use extraction? You guys kick ass man. While we're on the subject what's the best way to avoid a mushroom tummy ache? I have stomach problems, I love boomers but man, they fuck my stomach up like no other. Any ideas? I'm so glad I have this forum to use. Amazing people here.

Doesn't vermiculite (I'm talking PF TEK) have asbestos in it? Yeah, I know all the "Libby Montana" thing but I'd still be careful with it.