• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Mushroom Grow Bag, Kits Ect, Do they work?

Doesn't vermiculite (I'm talking PF TEK) have asbestos in it? Yeah, I know all the "Libby Montana" thing but I'd still be careful with it.

You should wear a dust mask when working with dusty substances. But generally even if it did you only have issues with chronic exposure so if you exercise minimal caution you will be fine. I did this for years and only stuck with the pf tek so i would do 30ish jars at a time you just need to make sure your obsessed with cleaning, I bleached the entire work space only worked after showering (most of the time naked or in boxer shorts less contamination) and wore a dust mask when working with dusty stuff and still do. I think i will continue to be fine but i am pretty sure your fear is grounded in a least a little reality as i think i saw a similar finding stating that was a reason it should be removed from shelves 8(

If you are going to do anything like this where you do some kind of science take it really seriously and you wont fail. Dress like your in a lab act like your in one and youll make things like you are. Have friends over to see them smoke blunts around them because you think its cool and youll get contamination. Have fun! It is extremely rewarding to grow them they were my children for many years :)

Search Rez Effect Tek. It's is the easiest way to get shitloads of mushrooms by far. Don't fuck with PF Tek it's hard and low yield.

Search Rez Effect Tek. It's is the easiest way to get shitloads of mushrooms by far. Don't fuck with PF Tek it's hard and low yield.

I never moved on and it actually was "shitloads" from the start with no contamination. Normal pressure cooking to full colonization times were about 20-22 days at 85 degrees granted i didnt want to buy a bulk closet or anything. How do people have problems with the PF tek do you guys not buy pressure cookers? I never had one single contamination in the 3 years i did it. Without giving up much i can say it was more then enough for 2 people from each standard sized cake, i also did not use wide mouth jars half of the time.

You should wear a dust mask when working with dusty substances. But generally even if it did you only have issues with chronic exposure so if you exercise minimal caution you will be fine. I did this for years and only stuck with the pf tek so i would do 30ish jars at a time you just need to make sure your obsessed with cleaning, I bleached the entire work space only worked after showering (most of the time naked or in boxer shorts less contamination) and wore a dust mask when working with dusty stuff and still do. I think i will continue to be fine but i am pretty sure your fear is grounded in a least a little reality as i think i saw a similar finding stating that was a reason it should be removed from shelves 8(

If you are going to do anything like this where you do some kind of science take it really seriously and you wont fail. Dress like your in a lab act like your in one and youll make things like you are. Have friends over to see them smoke blunts around them because you think its cool and youll get contamination. Have fun! It is extremely rewarding to grow them they were my children for many years :)
This is why I liked the pre made substrate bags because it wasn't that much work. That being said you won't get a shitload per bag but for someone like me that used only on occasion it was perfect. I believe I got between an eighth and a quarter ounce a bag(this was 15 years ago so maybe I remember incorrectly).

I never tried PF Tek, I only did Rez Effect because it was so easy. If you've not looked into it you should. No aquarium required. Of course I have a pressure cooker how else would my WBS jars be sterile. With Rez effect you make your jars, inoculate them and let them fill with mycelium. Once done you moisten an equal amount of vermiculite break up the mycelium in your jars and mix with the moistened vermiculite and put the mixture in aluminum foil baking pans, cover and let the mycelium reestablish in the pans, which only takes a few days. Ones the pans are colonized put a thin layer of moistened vermiculite over the colony and prepare to have pans full of mushrooms in a few days. Each pan was good for at least 5-6 big flushed with the fruit getting larger after each flush. I used the B+ strain and it was awesome. B+ or Golden Teachers are definitely what you want. They are supposed to be the easiest to grow and the B+ are potent as shit.

Edit.

Another tip.

To control the temp of you bags/jars when colonizing put a plastic tub inside a larger plastic tub with water in the bottom. Put an equarium heater in the water set to the desired temp. Put a lid on the tubs and don't fuck with them for a few weeks. You can check for mold after two weeks. The tubs need to be black or dark blue so the jars/bags don't get light.

Tip 2

Read, read and read some more on the various mushroom boards.

Last edited:
I used the B+ strain and it was awesome. B+ or Golden Teachers are definitely what you want. They are supposed to be the easiest to grow and the B+ are potent as shit.

I grew B+ a few times as they were probably one of my favorites really nice pushy trip and a great headspace, brilliant for clubbing but they often sent me off into fits of laughter :D

It depends on quality of the sets and shipping etc.

Buying online from abroad works great in moderate temps.
However during warm summer or Cold vinter they can easily go bad during transport.

Spores are alot tougher and stable.