• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Daily Personal Affirmations Log Vs IM THE SHIT & NOT a piece a.. not playing me. NOPE

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Daily Personal Affirmations Log Vs IM THE SHIT & NOT a piece a.. not playing me. NOPE

VOm4B.png

Addiction has many weapons.. Its always messing with our conscious minds. One of the big manipulations it throws at us is it degrades us. Just like an abusive partner will do. It tries to make us feel worthless. It tries to make us believe we are garbage. It tries to fill us with shame, guilt, self doubt, hopelessness. Just like an abusive partner It tries to make us believe we a stupid, weak, ugly, crazy, a failure etc.

Just like in an abusive relationship this is all about control. People who begin to unjustly believe they are weak are less likely to put up a fight as the don't see a chance of winning. People who fall for the lies that they are worthless no longer see any point to resisting and start to believe they deserve the ill treatment. People who doubt themselves are easier to control.

A Broken down person is easier to manipulate. Like usual the addiction is totally full of shit.

This thread is a place to build ourselves back up and combat its nonsense. The guilt and shame are unwarranted, don't you love that sneaky bastard.. drives us to do so many things we would never do and then makes us feel shame and guilt for "choosing" to do those things to try and drive us to do more of those things. Learn how it works and we will no longer get played.

So stop in often and give numeral uno a whole bunch of love<3. Your an amazing person and more than deserve it. Throw the guilt and shame out the window of a launching rocket ship. It not warranted , does no good, and really is just another manipulation to try and drive us to use.

We are not a Gods.. We are human fuckups like everyother of the 7,125,000,000 people on earth. Quit holding ourselves to the unachievable standards of a God. Quit making ourselves misserable.

<3%)<3Lets give ourselves some LOVE already. <3%)<3

NSFW:
91531330-man-in-bed-waking-up-hugging-himself-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:
Although I couldn´t see the second image, what you´ve written is very true, full of intelligent and clever insights.
Besides, it shows us a lot of disclosed traps that we fall in all the time.

Great writing, indeed!

I feel inspired to try my best to give the love we deserve! One day at the time, but constantly.
No fear, with courage and determination!!

Thank you for this!!%)

^ :)

Im a great human being and there is no reason to ever be hard on myself<3

Today im going to show myself love by eating healthy, working out, slipping into the whirlpool, cooking an amazing dinner, meditating for 30 minutes, dressing nice, and identifying and shutting down negative self talk.. thats right you silly little megalomaniac ive been beating the snot outta your nonsense for awhile now.. keep trying.. but thats not going to change.

Last edited:
I have willpower and discipline. Have always worked in life, since I was 14. Never stopped.
I´m proud of myself over quitting what´s killing me!:\

I am no more defined by my failures than I am by my successes, but by both together I understand my capacity to risk and grow.

NSA you always have some great words to share with us i really want to thank you. Reading that really hit the spot for me today as i am once again trying to quit i got 11 days today and plan to make it a lifetime i will be posting in.the excercise thread soon also godwilling ;)
I will not fail that is it i will not say trying anymore i will stay clean from now on......
Ps: life is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am no more defined by my failures than I am by my successes, but by both together I understand my capacity to risk and grow.

True. All of our failures should makes us stronger and wise like you mentioned so maturely.
You have to earn this!
We will get there!:\

I am better than some of my past decisions I've made. I will make choices that are on par with my REAL self worth, not my at times perceived self worth! I will also learn and grow from the mistakes I've made in life.

^^^^thank you herby. I have the utmost respect for you. I have followed your story and many great, insightful posts. It was your personal response to me in the suicide thread that got my wheels turning to make some better decisions in my life. For that I want to thank you because I am worth so much more than some of my past mistakes. I have a purpose, and a solid recovery plan in place and now I'm going on five ish maybe six days with no subs. I truly am worth keeping and living my life, your post to me was truly a catalyst in me wanting to change for the better. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Congratulations Kc, it seems that you have gone further and succeed

^^^ thank you erikman! I have also followed your story which has played a part in my recovery bc you truly are an inspiration to me. Kicking methadone after 7 years cannot be easy. So good luck to you brother, we may not be out of the woods yet but at least now we can see Light through the trees!

I am lovable for who I am. I can love the people in my life without trying to change them.

I cannot change what has happened in the past, but I can grow from it.

Today was a monumental step in my recovery:

Day 2 of being completely opiate free (H and Subs) and day three is just around the corner. I have never made it this far without giving up and using, but today i see a light at the end of the tunnel. For the first time in a long time i see hope.

We all need hope, and hope is all we need.

I will over come my addictions, and i only feel shitty right now, and tomorrow it will be better, and only get better after that.

I will no longer sell myself short.

If I could start all over, knowing everything I know now, I would not make the same mistakes.....I would make new ones.;)