Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripnotyzm

Bluelighter
A new season is upon us, therefore i figure we should kick off a new mushroom thread :)

Just a couple of things to remember when posting in this thread:
1)This is NOT a place to identify your findings - rules are rules
2)Locations are definitely not be discussed. Don't even bother asking!

Checked out some patches today and I can happily say THANK YOU MOTHER NATURE for all this awesome rainfall lately :D !!
It's still early but the season is definitely off to a strong start :D

You can find the 2013 Mushroom Season Thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some tiny finds over on shroomery in VIC, but my places are just inactives. Not that I hunt. Stop reading this post you stupid cop.

Hopefully SA starts soon
haven't seen one of your posts in a minute htmb

I've found active patches in NE VIC region. Fungus is consuming my entire community

Haha ... Hey bro!

I was on a bus going down Mornington Peninsula last month right down through Portsea. The amount of bark down that area was fucking hectic .... I foresaw thousands of potential sites. Just looking for those 10 degree and less temps.

cq19h55.jpg

nFJyACa.jpg

zBpoeTu.jpg

6iXKhCa.jpg

Went for a little hunt today and found some inactives! still good fun though.

Season starts earlier here (and we start later than VIC) but yes you only start getting decent hauls around mid may through to july afaik

Sub season has started in VIC already (albeit early days). Had a quick read of the Shroomery yesterday.

I'm liking these Sydney conditions... if only it was 10 degrees colder.

I'm going to start checking my local spots casually starting in about a few weeks when the conditions are right. I know I'll be too early but a nice little walkabout with a few best mates never hurt anyone. Besides, even if we are over a month away from decent results, the feeling of finding the first pin of the season is awe-inspiring.

Right now all we can do is hope that the temperatures drop as soon as possible, and hope for a bit of rainfall at the same nice.

*Disclaimer, and a few points of advice for those new to the wonderful world of mushroom hunting:

• Mushroom season starts whenever it wants to. My rough guidelines don't mean shit.
  • Know when and where to look. I don't mean actual locations, I mean in terms of weather conditions and natural environments.
  • You think you've struck lucky? I recommend posting everything you think is active on the Shroomery for your first season, even if you are 110% sure they are subs. Not only could it save the lives of you and your friends, it is an amazing way to learn.
  • Be respectful. Cut the stems, don't go ripping them from the dirt. Appreciate the advice given. Share and teach what you know (when you are competent). This might be a point of contention but I feel that nobody owns a patch, unless you legally own the property.
  • Learn as much as possible. One day you might be teaching newbs like I am now. On that note, never stop learning. It is a pretty fucking fascinating field, and believe it or not the world doesn't stop at subaeruginosa. Subs are a great place to start and my personal forte but keep that student mentality. Reading and field research (what is this a fucking science degree) are the go. Learn about subs, cubes, and cyans and the season virtually never ends and you can have luck just about anywhere. That isn't even including the much rarer actives in this country that go unnoticed.
  • Don't give up. You probably won't find actives your first few hunts. Don't give up. I was close to giving up once and discovered an enormous patch of subs in my FRONT YARD. I swear to go that is the truth. That aside, if you persist in your endeavours in both hunting and learning, I promise that you will be able to find mushrooms every season for the rest of your life.
  • Have fun. The hunt is 3/4 of the fun in my opinion. Go with mates, appreciate the outdoors, smoke a few joints or whatever floats your boat (take rubbish back with you). It's an amazing and rewarding hobby.

Everybody - feel free to add their tips or rules or points or two cents. Maybe we can get something going.

They say Mother's Day is when the season usually starts (mid-May).

This is pretty accurate for melbourne in my experience. Give or take two weeks depending on weather conditions, I wouldn't be suprised if some surfaced in the last 48 hours as we had light rain all week and the plenty of sunshine last two days.

I'm not going picking for another month yet though, did very well for myself last year.

Hey all. Country NSW here. Found a couple of decent patches of smallish to medium subs over the weekend. They dried out pretty quickly, we need some more rain. Heaps of inactives out too. Good luck, and have a nice trip!

Last edited:
Hey all. Central west NSW here, up in the tablelands. Found a couple of decent patches of smallish to medium subs over the weekend. They dried out pretty quickly, we need some more rain. Heaps of inactives out too. Good luck, and have a nice trip!

man+male+orgasm+o-face+coming+face.jpg

Still waiting to go out on a second mission..
My first mission the other week was so successful, i haven't felt the need to take any more :)
But its so fun!
So i might test my luck again next week ^.^

heaps of cubes lurking late in the season. thank you jesus.

the night time temp here in sa has droppped heaps of late. I reckon if we get some good rain, our season here might kick start earlier this year :)

keen for winter, might start off south this season. North is closer but I wanna peep south.

Am I barking up the right trees with < no locations, thanks >?
will edit out the names shortly, just hoping someone can give me a hint

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this big bad boy growing near my place the other day - size of a freaking dinner plate :D

IMG_20140428_141546.jpg

Found this big bad boy growing near my place the other day - size of a freaking dinner plate :D

IMG_20140428_141546.jpg

Wow it would be amazing if you could cook that one up with a meal (somthing we have to be extremely cautious about unfortunately :( ).

There was alot of discussion in last years thread about amanita muscaria, which is nothing like psilocybin experiences at all.
To anyone curious, you really need to know exactly what you are doing/consuming, beyond that of psilocybe subaeruginosa before even thinking about taking amanita muscaria.

p.s. psilocybin is such a cool word.
p.s.s. "Marge, the rains are ere'"

the night time temp here in sa has droppped heaps of late. I reckon if we get some good rain, our season here might kick start earlier this year :)

With the rain this week, I recon it will be kicking off very soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.