European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Snooker Thread. V. "Sport" for pacemaker patients and the deaf

mydrugbuddy

Bluelighter
Lets see if this tempts any snooker fans out of the woodwork, or just gradually slips down the pages.

Jimmy White is currently on BBC2 playing Bingham in the UK championships. 1-1 atm. Im surprised Jimmy even qualified, hes been in poor form for the last few years. Tuesdays ITV feature on him wasnt very good, nothing new or interesting was unearthed, typical of ITV.

I hope Ronnie is in a good frame of mind for this tournament. He's seriously under achieved considering his talent. He needs a few more ranking titles and at least one more world championship title. He deserves to atleast equal Steve Davis's 6 world titles.

Last edited:
I used to watch snooker when I was younger and fell asleep to it. Whether thats because I was tired, or it was boring and late at night, or a combination, I don't know. Used to enjoy playing it at school 6th form lunch breaks. Had membership and we all went to snooker club. Very satisfying when you play well. The closest I get now is a game or 2 of pool at the pub when drunk.

It depends who's playing. it's true, some of them are boring to watch. Its all down to the characters for me. It's never boring when Ronnie's playing because you never know what he's going to do from one moment to the next.

I'm a huge snooker fan, usually I'd be glued to the telly for the UK champs, but I'm really busy moving to London and starting a new job tomorrow. I'll try to check in on this thread from time to time though :)

Agree on the Jimmy doco being a bit pants last week. Shame he never won a world title though. Can't everyone club together and just let him win this year? There's enough match fixing going on anyway so it wouldn't be too hard to do, and the public would love it! ;)

Ronnie still won that Champion of Champions thing last week despite not being at his absolute best. If he can just find that extra 10% over the big three tournaments I reckon he could clean up.

Snooker is a game played by men with very hard, multicoloured balls. They poke them with sticks, rolling them around on a green felt surface.

I suppose women play with these balls too.

I find playing with my balls very relaxing too.

Would you like to play with my balls, GoS?

Shit I'm probably scaring you off. Don't run away!

Snooker is a game played by men with very hard, multicoloured balls. They poke them with sticks, rolling them around on a green felt surface.

I suppose women play with these balls too.

Ah, i see you know a lot about this game then eh Knock.

I used to watch it quite a few years back but not so much now. Ronnie is great to watch when he is just potting ball after ball with no fucking about in between shots.
Fucking hard game to play though as I found out when I tried. So much more difficult than pool, trying to play it helped me to appreciate just how good the professionals really are cos it's not easy at all.

The commentators keep saying that the tables the proffesional players use have samller and tighter angled pockets that the 'club' tables. Thats quite mind boggling as i agree with you Max how hard the game is. I played for years and my highest break was 35 or something. Where the pros have the advantage is with the top notch cloths and conditions, so they barely need to tap the white, or just hit it sweetly and it screws back about 20 feet !! So often on club tables, the white ball, the cushions, the cloth, everything just feels dead, and you cant get the white to do anything. Its so frustrating, like you say its a very difficult game for mere mortals.

Last edited:
My highest snooker break is 28 despite playing pool to a local league standard. I also have no idea how they can play with pockets tighter than the ones you normally find down the club!

Just switched the O'Sullivan match on here, he's 2-1 down at the moment. Anyone see the first 3 frames to know how they went?

The commentators keep saying that the tables the proffesional players use have samller and tighter angled pockets that the 'club' tables. Thats quite mind boggling as i agree with you Max how hard the game is. I played for years and my highest break was 35 or something. Where the pros have the advantage is with the top notch cloths and conditions, so they barely need to tap the white, or just hit it sweetly and it screws back about 20 feet !! So often on club tables, the white ball, the cushions, the cloth, everything just feels dead, and you cant get the white to do anything. Its so frustrating, like you say its a very difficult game for mere mortals.

So true. A nicely laid table is like driving in 4WD in the mud compared to sloshing around in slicks.

I rarely get to play snooker other than once or twice a year at the Irish club. As a kid we would play ridiculous tournaments at home, dressing up in bow ties trying to emulate Pot Black. Now days I only mostly get to play pool. I can't explain why my game is so much better while under the influence of lsd. One night it was like a vortex existed on the corner pocket and every shot run true as if it was water down the drain.

I dont think ive ever played under the influence of psyschedelics and cant imagine ever doing so lol. Beer and hash all the time at one stage, hash would make you feel like you were playing well even if you werent.

Ronnie seemed to be on fire last night, in that 90 break he made, down to 12 seconds per shot or something. "O'Sullivan, who chose to sit out most of last season, plans to "play the system" before taking another break. He said: "My goal is to get enough prize money so I can take another break from snooker. I can have a holiday, sit at home and chill again, which is great." "

Fuckin typical of Ronnie. I spose when you can win £100,000 per tournament its easy for the likes of him. I could say hes being selfish and not considering that his fans want to watch him, and the game needs him, but if hes not in the mood to play then its pointless him even turning up, as he'll jus sit there with a towel over his head and show no interest at all.

Last edited:
Just turned on the telly to watch the end of the O'Sullivan - Milkins match only to find that I've practically missed it! Ronnie perhaps on for a 147 in the last frame though, since it looks like he's about to win 6-0...

O'Sullivan through in 90 minutes or so including the mid session interval. Having to watch the Robertson - Perry game instead.

I played snooker in the local British Legion whilst very fucked on 3-MeO-PCP.

That's all I have to say. Snooker is boring unless you're actually playing it. On drugs.