• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Snooker Thread. V. "Sport" for pacemaker patients and the deaf

Robertson out to Holt the first big surprise. Shame I'm too busy at work to be really following this year, and I'm away the weekend of the final too. Ah well.

The Wenbo/Trump match is amazing. They both seem to have turned into Alex Higgins v2.0 new and improved and updated version with extra reliabilty and temperemant improvements upgrade, all the absolutely crazy impossible wild shots hammered in at 500mph and playing really quickly. Trump played one of tthe best shots i have ever seen a very difficult long green from the length of the table, absolutely hammered in, not seen anything like it since alex higgins. =DWenbo is starting to relax out there. I think he's gonna be a major star if he carries on improving at this rate and playing such an adventurous and creative, attacking game. Any ball that is on the table they will both try and pot it, no matter how impossible. In time they may start to develop the charisma of the likes of white and higgins and ronnie, and become huge crowd favoutites. Their brand of snooker deserves it.

Its strange watching early clips of White, before he became so wildly popular, just a trickle of applause for awesome shots. Thats what wenbo and trump are going through now. I wonder what it takes to win the crowd over. It took Hendry and Davis about 25 years and to start loosing before the crowd warmed to them. At the end they could feel the warmth from the crowd where previously there had been ice and frost. I admired Hendry for statiing that he'd rather go back to being hated if it meant he could go back to winning everything. People dont seem to like others who are judged to be too successful. It's strange.

Ronnie is not to far off catching up with all the records Davis set, yet he has been a favourite since very early on, winning thje crowd over very early in his career. He didn't even notice for several years until finally commenting "my matches are always packed with spectators whereas the other players are playing to 1/4 full audiences". I really had to wonder why he had only just noticed that when everyone else had known for years. Perhaps he didnt realise the gift he had, i think he does now though. Wenbo and Trump seem destined to become wilder in their game than ronnie, at least in their early days. Ronnie has the experience to still play adventurously and attacking snooker, but plays the percentages, only going for crazy shots when he knows he can get them. He's started taking on more and more impossible plants that no one would have considered until now. They are all re-inventing the game. Exciting times for people who like their 'flair' snooker players.

EDIT: That wenbo Trump match is the best non Ronnie O 'Sullivan match ive seen since i started supporting Ronnie about 15 years ago. If Wenbo and Trump can continue playing like they have today then Snooker will not be dead when Ronnie retires. These 2 have the potential to become even better than Ronnie. They were both absolutely incredible today, dozens of amazing shots. I really got totally absorbed into the match, which very rarely happens if Ronnie is not in the match. Ive always known that Trump had style and flair, and that Wenbo could play some blinding snooker, but they have both raised the game to a new level today imo and won themselves a new fan. Wenbo was 100-1 to win the title, playing like he has today that is fantastic odds, which i bet have been slashed already to something like 16-1.

Last edited:
Bump! This year's World Champs are well underway and there's been some great snooker already. I fancied Trump for it this year but he's out already! Ronnie is in good shape and appears to be putting the drama with Hearn aside for now at least. Anyone else watching? The Liang Ding match this afternoon was epic, felt bad for Liang in the end, he's a real character. Gonna go down to the wire between Higgins and Allen tonight too I reckon.

Will definitely be worth a watch, if Rory McLeod is stepping up to the table again tomorrow .....

EDIT: I have a cunning plan:
  1. Write letter about anything to a major Hollywood studio
  2. Receive reply on their headed notepaper
  3. Scan movie studio letterhead
  4. Write letter on fake Hollywood movie studio to Chiwetel Ejiofor, inviting him to try out for starring rôle in new movie about life and times of Rory McLeod
  5. Borrow caravan to use for "meeting" with C.E.
  6. ???
  7. Profit!
  8. Optionally repeat steps 4-7 with Idris Elba

Last edited: