View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Proper Disposal of NBOMe

ItsJustAName

Greenlighter
Having tried a couple different NBOMes, I've decided they are not for me, but have found ways to use the remainder of what I got. I expected it to be gone by now, but it's not. I no longer want to be in possession of such a quantity (it is in powder form and starting to make me nervous), and I don't think this is a drug anyone should be using. I just want to get rid of it safely (flushing it isn't safe..).

Plan is to stick it in a bottle of glue, toss the glue bottle in some dumpster bundled in with some fast food trash or something. I believe it's the safest method available to me. Anyone else have better ideas? I wouldn't be asking, but I've never had to get rid of drugs like this before, let alone drugs that are active in such minuscule amounts. Thanks for any input.

The best thing to do is squeeze out a bunch of epoxy (glue with two tubes you have to mix), dump your powder into it, stir it up very well, then let it harden over 24 hours. Once the epoxy resin has fully polymerized, it will be extremely difficult to remove the embedded drug from it. Both epichlorohydrin and bisphenol A are very non-polar, so solubility in the resin components should not be an issue either. The more resin you use, the better.

Luckily it's dirt cheap and you can find it at dollar stores.

Once polymerized, chuck it..

If you are in the USA, the DEA often runs 'drug disposal' events where you can bring your old/unused and/or expired drugs for safe disposal. I'd contact those guys.

Thanks for the advice, nuke. That sounds like a better way to go, although honestly I have some serious anxiety about handling the amount of powder I have with the way it's packaged in wax paper. I'm pretty acutely sensitive to the stuff and actually think I ingested some just a bit ago when I was checking the quantity and moving it around (enough to spike my heart rate and give me that "alert".. then again could be anxiety!). Maybe I can just stuff the baggies into the epoxy before it hardens? Or just use some proper protective gear (face mask, gloves, cover all skin with a lab coat etc). The last thing I want is an accidental dose.

Morninggloryseed: I thought about this, but from what I understand that only deals with prescription drugs, and can't find/think of another place to go for anonymous disposal. And from looking at their site about it it looks like an annual thing that already took place back in late October. Plus, I would rather not deal with someone from the DEA. That'd be right up there with the top 3 experiences I never want to have in my life.

The best thing to do is squeeze out a bunch of epoxy (glue with two tubes you have to mix), dump your powder into it, stir it up very well, then let it harden over 24 hours. Once the epoxy resin has fully polymerized, it will be extremely difficult to remove the embedded drug from it. Both epichlorohydrin and bisphenol A are very non-polar, so solubility in the resin components should not be an issue either. The more resin you use, the better.

Luckily it's dirt cheap and you can find it at dollar stores.

Once polymerized, chuck it..
Very clever, never would have occurred to me....I don't really understand exactly what we be so bad about flushing it, but hey...A little kid accidentally drinks your sewage before it has a chance to get diluted?
If you are in the USA, the DEA often runs 'drug disposal' events where you can bring your old/unused and/or expired drugs for safe disposal. I'd contact those guys.

This is who I normally call when I need to dispose of excess drugs or guns...

You can put the epoxy right into the baggie, yeah. Mix it up first then pour it in and stir. May as well encase the baggie in epoxy too while you're at it.

It could just be anxiety.

My sense of judgement has been a little off lately, so if it wasn't clear....I was trying to make a funny.

BlueHues, I'd rather get rid of something like this in a way so I know 100% that it's done for and not a worry anymore. Flushing it down the toilet wouldn't do that, I don't think. Something about it rubs me wrong, and yeah the chance of a freak accident scares me off from doing something like that.

Hahah sorry mgs, my ability to sense sarcasm online fails pretty hard sometimes. But hey it did make me laugh. Mission accomplished, right?

Yeah nuke, that sounds like it would work. Thanks a bunch for the idea, looks like I'm gonna go and get rid of some drugs. Load off my back, that's for sure. And probably anxiety knowing me, ate some xanax and chilled out a bit. Unless I start tripping, it's not a big deal.

You must purify it by dissolving the compound in a vial of holy water, thrice recite the D.A.R.E pledge below, both out loud and in your heart, and then smash the accursed mixture with a grave digger's shovel.

Dare-Pledge.jpg

May Christ forgive you for bringing this pox upon the Earth.

You expect me to do all that while smoking 7 beers at once and railing lines of kief in the backseat of a car driven by the NPH from the Harold & Kumar series? #2gangsta4that

PS if low tolerance only smoke 3 beers at once.

Flushing is absolutely fine. As is pouring it down the sink with running water. If you're paranoid, wear gloves.

Thanks for the advice, nuke. That sounds like a better way to go, although honestly I have some serious anxiety about handling the amount of powder I have with the way it's packaged in wax paper. I'm pretty acutely sensitive to the stuff and actually think I ingested some just a bit ago when I was checking the quantity and moving it around (enough to spike my heart rate and give me that "alert".. then again could be anxiety!). Maybe I can just stuff the baggies into the epoxy before it hardens? Or just use some proper protective gear (face mask, gloves, cover all skin with a lab coat etc). The last thing I want is an accidental dose.

Morninggloryseed: I thought about this, but from what I understand that only deals with prescription drugs, and can't find/think of another place to go for anonymous disposal. And from looking at their site about it it looks like an annual thing that already took place back in late October. Plus, I would rather not deal with someone from the DEA. That'd be right up there with the top 3 experiences I never want to have in my life.

Dude I'd say you are sufficiently paranoid.

Just out of interest, how many milligrams do you have? If it's not many, you might be able to use model rockets to blast it out of the planet's atmosphere.

Flushing is absolutely fine. As is pouring it down the sink with running water. If you're paranoid, wear gloves.

I do not think this is a good idea. Are sewage treatment plants equipped filter out pharmaceutical chemicals? I think The MSDS states something about proper disposal being incinerating the chemical and having all fumes sucked through a filter capable of absorbing industrial chemicals or something like that. I would not want NBOMe finding their way back into the water supply (not even sure if that's possible).
The epoxy thing is definetly the way to go. This is an important thread IMO. If we feel we must get rid of something it would good to know the best way to do so (least harmful to humans and the enviroment). Years ago I had these blue bumble bee pills that were sold to me as TCB2 -which of course I now know they were not! Funny this was before I knew anything about research chems. These pills were just about the sketchiest shit I've ever taken and I flushed em and i remember thinking am I totally fucking the enviroment ???

I do not think this is a good idea. Are sewage treatment plants equipped filter out pharmaceutical chemicals? I think The MSDS states something about proper disposal being incinerating the chemical and having all fumes sucked through a filter capable of absorbing industrial chemicals or something like that. I would not want NBOMe finding their way back into the water supply (not even sure if that's possible).
The epoxy thing is definetly the way to go. This is an important thread IMO. If we feel we must get rid of something it would good to know the best way to do so (least harmful to humans and the enviroment). Years ago I had these blue bumble bee pills that were sold to me as TCB2 -which of course I now know they were not! Funny this was before I knew anything about research chems. These pills were just about the sketchiest shit I've ever taken and I flushed em and i remember thinking am I totally fucking the enviroment ???
Lets say OP is a vendor even and has 5+ grams of the stuff, lets say that's 7500 hits, the second it hits the toilet it's going to dilute to 1mg/1mL approx and only further dilute from there.
It will dilute to near undetectable levels as soon as it hits the sewer.
If you were dumping extremely large amounts it may be worthwhile to dispose otherwise but I can't see the harm in flushing it

Lets say OP is a vendor even and has 5+ grams of the stuff, lets say that's 7500 hits, the second it hits the toilet it's going to dilute to 1mg/1mL approx and only further dilute from there.
It will dilute to near undetectable levels as soon as it hits the sewer.
If you were dumping extremely large amounts it may be worthwhile to dispose otherwise but I can't see the harm in flushing it
Sorry, but from my point of view the problem isn't this one guy dumping his 1 chemical down the john. It's saying it's ok for anybody to dump any chemical down the toilet. You can't tell me there isn't going to be cumulitive effect.