• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Before starting a new suboxone/buprenorphine thread-please read!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Znegative

Bluelight Crew
Dear Green/Bluelighter's, before posting a new thread regarding Suboxone/Subutex/Buprenorphine, please take the time to read the posts below, which might just answer the very question you were going to ask!

Creating a thread asking any of the following scenario's will very possibly result in its closure and/or immediate merging into the Suboxone/Buprenorphine MegaThread and FAQ. If you feel that your situation is terribly unique enough that it deserves to be asked, then that is the place to discuss it.

Clearly posts regarding to Suboxone/Bupe are still permitted, this is only addressing posts of a very similar nature which cannot be answered with any true authority and can be found all over Bluelight, and the web in general .

Scenario 1:

I took 8mg of suboxone, the little strips. I only took one today for the first time in years. I now have 30 mg of oxycodone. I wanna try taking them in the morn witch would put me about 21 hours since I took the suboxone, will I feel anything? and can I drink alcohol since I took the suboxone?

Answer:
It varies from person to person - at 21 hours you are likely to still get some blockage from the suboxone, yes. Most people need to leave it over 24 hours, I need at least 36 really to get the full effects from another opioid.

8mg suboxone is also equivalent to more than 30mg oxy.. you might feel it but the effects are likely to be reduced.

Mixing CNS depressants is risky and can be fatal. Without knowing your tolerance it's hard to say what is safe and what isn't, but I wouldn't risk it especially if you haven't had Suboxone in years. You don't want to end up overdosing..
I've done something pretty similar, almost the exact thing. Didn't take a sub for over a year, took one because I was sick..then the next day I did my usual 30mg oxycodone (IV) & it was completely blocked by the sub . :/ i'd wait as long as you can if i was you . hope this helped! if it was a smaller amount of suboxone..you might be fine, but i would wait if i were you . you don't want to end up wasting your stash because you'll end up getting pretty pissed over it! good luck!
Result:
well I took 20mg this morning, I felt them a tiny bit in my body but definatley no euphoric head feeling, did two more at like 100pm and felt those more but definate blockage still going on. I figured hell with it Id try anyway. Definatley gonna get some of those micron filters though.

Scenario 2:

Hi there.

I've been on 8mg suboxone happily for 10 days after a recent relapse. I just found a single dose of dope in my room. Because I'm dependent on suboxone now and not heroin, can I use the one-time dose of heroin and take my normal dose of suboxone in the morning without having to worry about precipitate withdrawal?

I did try to google to find the answer, but no one seems to have asked this exact question.

I guess what I'm asking is...do you need to be dependent on full agonists to go into PWs or will it not happen after a single use of a full agonist when you are normally dependent on a partial agonist?

I understand the dangers of combining these substances in the first place. Thanks.
Answer:
Well, like I said, since you've been on bupe your body isn't going to get much out of the dope. I take it last time you tried this you were dependant on a full agonist then waited 12hrs to get one subs, then fell into precipitated w/d at that point? Well, in this case you're not dependant on a full agonist, and you already have bupe in your system at the time you're taking you single shot, soooo....

Of course everyone is different and has different reactions to different drugs... But, I'd bet my left nut you'll be fine in the immediate case (again, this is assuming you have been on subs for 10 days, only do one hit/shot or dope and don't readminister suboxone until 12hrs after you've administered the shot).

If you want to be extra safe, you can always wait a little longer... What's 16hrs on 12hrs... even 24hrs on 12hrs isn't too much longer.

Scenario 3:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how long you should wait after using heroin before you can safely take a suboxone pill without going into precipitated withdrawal? Once I only waited about 36 hours after shooting heroin, I had missed the vein when I used that heroin and I went into precipitated withdrawal when I took the suboxone (i assume it took the heroin extra long to get out of my system since i missed the vein when i look back now)

Anyway I am only snorting the heroin now, but I am wondering how long should I wait before taking suboxone to 100 percent definitely not withdrawal and be safe and sure that everything will be okay?

Does anyone have any experience or know how long?

Thank you
Answer:
It varies from person to person, and as you learned the hard way you are on the longer end of the spectrum.

Snorthing heroin actually keeps it in your system longer than IV, so you will have to wait longer than last time. How long does it take for your withdrawals to get bad? The general rule is to wait until your withdrawals are getting bad.

You could have searched this on google, man. This has been talked about a million times.

Anyway, it's different for everyone. How long someone has been consistently using, their tolerance, and their metabolism, all play a part in factoring in how long one has to wait in order to begin bupe. The average wait time for most people is around 12-15 hours. Basically, it's just when you feel sick—genuinely sick, not mentally hyping it up and tripping yourself out. Some people don't start to feel withdrawals from heroin for a full 24 hours.. in which case, dosing before then would bring about PWD's. Others, like me.. feel sick a lot earlier. For me, 12 hours after my last dose of heroin and I would be safe to take the suboxone. But I didn't count the hours.. you need to base it off how you feel and use the time as just a guide.

Additional Information:
Graph displaying the buildup of buprenorphine due to its ~36 hour half life. This displays also the difference between chronic dosing and acute (one time) dosing which can be helpful when trying to calculate how much suboxone is left in your system.
971563ffd2d9a46a348acb79f122d17a_zpsc580bd80.jpg

Graph displaying the elimination of a single 16mg dose of buprenorphine (acute dosing).
3acb5310bc866292bfb1b27b374d581a_zpsa30eb421.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.