• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

The 5-meo-mipt is pretty much just an afterthought to mimic the slightly psychedelic edge that mdma produces via agonism at 5ht1a, 5ht2a, 5ht2b. It's not particularly necessary to the experience.

5-mapb is a fairly selective releaser of serotonin--so much so that it's often subjectively sedating. I suspect that the main reason why people have gotten themselves hurt on 5-mapb is that they dose high on it in order to break threshold for its stimulant effects--dopaminergic activity seems pretty essential or at least beneficial to the empathogenic effects produced by serotonin releasers.

In this sense, I'm quite confident that the combination of a lower dose of 5-mapb + any dopaminergic stimulant is safer than a high dose of 5-mapb. The introduction of 5-meo-mipt brings a greater deal of risk because of of its action on alpha adrenergic receptors, SERT, and as a mao substrate. The risks of its introduction to the combination will of course be dose-dependent, and it would be reckless to try this combination without first being familiar with all of the chemicals involved. If one wishes to mitigate risks, substitution of a more conventionally-acting hallucinogen like 4-aco-dmt would be fine.

I agree that it doesn't make much sense to tout this as a replacement for tested mdma as a harm-reduction strategy, given that mdma is really minimally toxic with infrequent use. Rather, it's a combination of research chemicals that replicates mdma more closely and -possibly- more safely than any of those research chemicals individually. Given that not everyone has access to mdma, and especially that not everyone has access to tested pure mdma, this is absolutely a reasonable goal for a research chemical combination to achieve.

Keep in mind that there have been a few horror stories with 5-Mapb. I would say in terms of long term after effects that's the highest risk chemical of the bunch. In terms of immediate risk of overdose and/or an unpleasant time 5-meo-mipt is the most risky. 2-fma is pretty benign except for its potential to contribute towards mitral valve disfunction and/or left ventricular hypertrophy with long term daily use.

yup thats why 5-meo-mipt is added for the mild psychedelic edge that mdma produces. I can tell you from my first 5-mapb expirience at 110 mgs I got mild psychedelica, bright colors and was lovely, magically, super empathetic. That said, I had a week long bad side effects-(mention it in my recent 5-mapb trip report and 5-mapb thread) and throw the whole batch out and yes I tested it.....next time did 50 mgs and on a scale of 1-10 was about a 4..no psychedelia.

I totally agree to so this combo a person must be educated and have at least a basic scientific understand of how each chemical works, and the doses- thats why the 5-meo-mipt is at like 2 mgs in this combo-- its a must to take something a person has a basic understanding how each compound works

Last edited:
Does anyone here feel that this compound has entactogenic and social facilitation properties at lower doses (2-3mg) without too much stimulation? I'm considering taking some at an OCD support group to see if it improves the experience. Thanks :)

Does anyone here feel that this compound has entactogenic and social facilitation properties at lower doses (2-3mg) without too much stimulation? I'm considering taking some at an OCD support group to see if it improves the experience. Thanks :)
In my opinion it does... But it would be insane for you to test that theory "in the field" without prior experience with the drug in a controlled setting.

Ended up taking 4mg HCl as a means to sharpen the effect of 17mg of 4-HO-MiPT that was taken on an empty stomach 40 minutes earlier. It turns out that the combination is a great mix and produces a killer headspace, at least for me.

Happy tripping to all who's out there.

Recently I have been therapeutically using 5-MeO-MiPT in combination with LSD and the outcome is positive. My 5-MeO-MiPT is kept dissolved in water/ethanol and dosed volumetrically. Over several months the liquid has turned brown. Also the residue crystallized on the dropper turns brown. I presume this is the result of oxidation. The potency remains similar. The majority of my 5-MeO-MiPT is kept sealed with dessicant in the freezer and has remained the same white color over several years. Have others experienced 5-MeO-MiPT with oxygen exposure incurring this change?

I had the same happening with 4-ho-met, I guess it's a frequent storage issue for tryptamines. No potency decrease either.

Perhaps all tryptamines have this potential. This person had LSD turn yellow over time. They thought photosensitivity catalyzed the shift.

rxyF0Ng.jpg

LINK

a few hours in, I started to develop stomach pain. It started like a gassy feeling, but it slowly grew until it was absolutely excrutiating. It was extremely alarming, I actually considered calling an ambulance, I was covered in cold sweat and very pale. After laying down breathing quickly and shallowly for a few hours it started to subside enough that I could sleep.

Yikes, I think I had a bit of this with 2C-N.

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=34398

Does anyone know how much mg/ml my solution can/should contain?
I am considering making a solution of white rum and 5meomipt, for acurate dosing.

1mg/ml ? How does one know ?

2mg/ml should work. Make sure you keep it capped though because as alcohol evaporates, the ratio changes and measurements go out the window. Maybe 1mg/ml is better now that I think about it.

Does anyone know how much mg/ml my solution can/should contain?
I am considering making a solution of white rum and 5meomipt, for acurate dosing.

1mg/ml ? How does one know ?

My standard mix is 1:1, unless the compound isn't so potent (for example, with my DOiP and DOF I have made 5mg/mL and 10mg/mL solutions, respectively - though I haven't tried them yet).

I have used the search function but have not had time to read through both 5-MeO-MiPT threads yet, so please excuse me if this has been covered already.

I was just wondering, has anyone here gotten strong psychedelic effects from both 5-MeO-MiPT and 4-HO-MiPT (and, though I feel it's a long shot, maybe also MiPT?) who would be able to compare the two experiences? I have not tried 5-MeO-MiPT, but the reason I'm so curious is because even though 4-HO-MiPT and MiPT for me clearly had similarities to psilocin and DMT respectively just like the other synthetic analogues, at the same time I also found both of them to distinctly share a unique body feeling and a very noticeable type of erotic visual theme distinct from what I've gotten from the others. Though I have not explored this as deeply as I would like to yet with 4-HO-MiPT, I did find it very intriguing, and on MiPT it was part of what made it one of my favorite experiences ever. So what I'm really wondering is, are these qualities to be found in the psychedelic effects of 5-MeO-MiPT as well?

how would this compare to 4-HO-MET?

some say 4-ho-met has more a of a bodyload and headspace, yeah?

Moreover, when have a scale this is good like 0.000 but can be off I heard its easy to go over (or under) and not know it. so what if someone were to only want to try like 2-4 mgs , like in the borax combo?

No on the bodyload for me. They are both pretty light on the mindfuck assuming sane doses.

For the borax combo just mix in a tiny amount. It'll be enough. Unless you're aiming for a flip. Then use 25mg 4-ho-met as your trypt.

-----------------

How stable is this in solution? I know that the 4 subs are unstable, what about the 5 meos?

when have a scale this is good like 0.000 but can be off I heard its easy to go over (or under) and not know it. so what if someone were to only want to try like 2-4 mgs , like in the borax combo?

A bit hard to understand what you wrote here, but I think I get the gist of it. If you're scale is a typical milligram scale (like mine is) it won't be accurate enough to measure 2-4mg reliably. So instead you should measure out something like 10 or 20mg and dissolve it in some booze like vodka (I'd go for 1mL of booze per 1mg of 5-MeO-MiPT), and then you simply measure out your dosage in mL of the solution. Very easy to get accurate and consistent doses with volumetric dosing.

would it be okay to eyeball when aiming for 2-4 mgs? even if goes over, wouldnt go over too much, yeah?

A bit hard to understand what you wrote here, but I think I get the gist of it. If you're scale is a typical milligram scale (like mine is) it won't be accurate enough to measure 2-4mg reliably. So instead you should measure out something like 10 or 20mg and dissolve it in some booze like vodka (I'd go for 1mL of booze per 1mg of 5-MeO-MiPT), and then you simply measure out your dosage in mL of the solution. Very easy to get accurate and consistent doses with volumetric dosing.

Appreciate the reply. how many mgs alchol would mix with 10 mgs? how long would that be good for the rest in acohol. be good for, years?

would it be okay to eyeball when aiming for 2-4 mgs?

You can't effectively eyeball 2-4mgs. Use volumetric measurement. Also, if this is your first occasion using this batch of chemical, you should start with an allergy test of ~500ug and increase the dose from there.

how many mgs alchol would mix with 10 mgs?

Is you question "How soluble is 5-MeO-MiPT in an ethanol solution?"

It should be stable for a long time, probably years if kept in the cold and dark and sealed up. I usually do 1mg/mL. So that would be 10mL for 10mg. That way each mL is 1mg and dosing is easy.