• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

would it be okay to eyeball when aiming for 2-4 mgs? even if goes over, wouldnt go over too much, yeah?

NO, it wouldn't be okay. It's impossible to accurately measure anything without a scale, and specially with small quantities if you are off a few miligrams, percentually you will be off very significantly, so yeah, you WOULD "go over too much". Remember this are potent compounds, not toys !!

got two different scales

got a gooddigital goes to 0.01g, seems as good and accurate as the next one, which is the , more expensive one-does to 0.001g . I know the 0.001 can be off by five grams give or take sometimes.. although, usually seems well on

what about just weighing out 10 mgs and doing that?

how about for two people just weighing 20 and taking 10 mgs off , and/or splitting it in half?

The .01g scale is absolutely a no-go. All scales have an error margin of at least +/-1 of their smallest units... so your .01g scale could read .02 (20mg), but it will actually be between 10mg and 30mg. The .001g (milligram) scale is your best bet. It might have a +/-2mg error margin though, I know mine does. You should use your milligram scale and use liquid measurement... it's really easy. Weigh like 30mg, and dissolve it in 30mL of alcohol (water works too but it will eventually grow microorganisms without alcohol). In other words, use the same number of mLs of liquid as you have mgs of substance. Dissolve it and use an oral syringe to dose (you can get them for free if you ask or for $1-2 at a pharmacy)... 1mL=1mg. That way, even though your weighed amount could be between 28-32mg, that error is evenly divided across the entire amount, so each mL is going to for sure be between 0.93 and 1.07mg, which is as accurate as you need to be for just about anything.

The .01g scale is absolutely a no-go. All scales have an error margin of at least +/-1 of their smallest units...

If your mg scale is cheap, I assume +/- 3-5 mg...

ebola

The .01g scale is absolutely a no-go. All scales have an error margin of at least +/-1 of their smallest units... so your .01g scale could read .02 (20mg), but it will actually be between 10mg and 30mg. The .001g (milligram) scale is your best bet. It might have a +/-2mg error margin though, I know mine does. You should use your milligram scale and use liquid measurement... it's really easy. Weigh like 30mg, and dissolve it in 30mL of alcohol (water works too but it will eventually grow microorganisms without alcohol). In other words, use the same number of mLs of liquid as you have mgs of substance. Dissolve it and use an oral syringe to dose (you can get them for free if you ask or for $1-2 at a pharmacy)... 1mL=1mg. That way, even though your weighed amount could be between 28-32mg, that error is evenly divided across the entire amount, so each mL is going to for sure be between 0.93 and 1.07mg, which is as accurate as you need to be for just about anything.

perfect explanation, ty.

images

(seems pretty basic math) so for the little dropper that supposed to be about 30 ml filled up, just put in 30 mg's....seems pretty basic right?

use something like whiskey, run, alcohol from liquor store keeps it working for a long time?

how long would dropper with alcohol be good for ?

Last edited:
No problem. I actually use 30mL dropper bottles too, except you don't want to measure with the dropper, you want an oral syringe because it's precise. I usually just pull the glass droppers out but it doesn't really matter, you just a bottle with a lid though, and an oral syringe. They're incredibly easy to get, they're often used to dose liquid drugs from a pharmacy so pharmacies have them and will often just give you one if you ask, or they sell them cheaply somewhere in an aisle somewhere.

In alcohol, in the cold and dark, things last a long time. Tryptamines in general are less stable than phenethylamines (which will last many years), but 5-MeO-MiPT seems pretty stable.

No problem. I actually use 30mL dropper bottles too, except you don't want to measure with the dropper, you want an oral syringe because it's precise. I usually just pull the glass droppers out but it doesn't really matter, you just a bottle with a lid though, and an oral syringe. They're incredibly easy to get, they're often used to dose liquid drugs from a pharmacy so pharmacies have them and will often just give you one if you ask, or they sell them cheaply somewhere in an aisle somewhere.

In alcohol, in the cold and dark, things last a long time. Tryptamines in general are less stable than phenethylamines (which will last many years), but 5-MeO-MiPT seems pretty stable.

M005P.jpg

this would work for measuring, yes?

Just want to get it right and see not much online about it

so its called a suspension?

No it's a solution, a suspension (correct me if I'm wrong) is when something won't dissolve but hangs suspended in particles in the liquid. Something that actually dissolves is a solution.

My scale just broke. I know exactly how much I have left though, is there any way to accurately dose this while keeping it a powder? I'd prefer not to risk the substance deteriorating in a solution.

Nope, eyeballing, even carefully, is unreliable. Powder granules can fall differently together and 2 piles that look the same can be different weights. Plus the human eye being able to accurate compare 2 piles of powder as exactly the same size isn't realistic. Granted, with practice you can get better at it, but even so, I wouldn't do it to measure potent chemicals like this. The only thing I've ever eyeballed regularly was MXE because the dose is forgiving and I'd do small amounts until I was where I wanted to be.

What you should do is get another scale, they're like $30... get the AWS Gemini-20, it's the best for that price.

Also, 5-MeO-MiPT seems quite stable even in solution compared to most tryptamines.

Seconded to get another scale. They are so affordable, you really must have one if you are using these compounds.

With 5-MeO-MiPT I'd even recommend weighing out a small amount (say 20-50mg) and then volumetrically measure it for even greater accuracy. Dosage is very tiny with this one and the margin of error on normal scales could mean the difference between a massive and an underwhelming trip.

From my experiments/experience, 5-MeO-MiPT seems to be very stable in a solution of normal liquor.

If you know exactly how much you have left you can use volumetric measurement though right? But question is how can you be so sure, you actually weighed and labeled it yourself?

Getting a new good scale is always the best option, it is also one fit for future use :D

I previously weighed it, obtained the substance through a laboratory too, so I know 100% what it is, and how much it weighs. By seemingly more stable, if I were to make a solution of it in alcohol, how much deterioration could I expect within a month? (That's roughly how long I plan on having this substance)

I have another scale coming already, but via snail mail unfortunately.

Oh you should totally just do volumetric then. I noticed no loss in potency over several months with 5-MeO-MiPT stored at room temperature in a vodka solution. I think the 5-MeO's tend to be much more stable than the 4-sub tryptamines. I think tolerance will be more of an issue than deterioration if you're using it over a month.

I have proper, airtight storage in a chilled UV proof box, even with that, my experience with deteriorating 4-sub Tryps were less than pleasant in solution. Good to hear that the 5-meo's don't follow suit in that respect, it'll make storage of my samples much easier to manage. Is the HCL easily soluble in 50/50 water/ethanol, or is a more potent ethanol mixture needed?

I found the HCL was easy to dissolve in off the shelf 40abv vodka, no heat required or anything.
I stored mine in a regular mason jar in a mostly dim room, so if you chill it in UV proof box, I bet it will last a long long time.