• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 5-MeO-MiPT Thread - Part 2

Thank you for the advice Perpetual Dawn. I was quite put out when my scale was damaged, good to know how easy it is to keep the 5-MeO Tryps in solution

It's not impossible that you have the HCL, but you should confirm that.

Most tryptamines, 5-MeO-MIPT included, are normally supplied as a fumarate salt.

BTW the fumarate is much less soluble in alcohol or in water--only expect a few mg/ml with that one.

I ordered it from a well reputed biochemical distributor. The HCL was more than the Fumurate offered, I opted for the HCL in the purchase.

I have had a sample of 5-MeO-MiPT lying around for some time and might give it a try in the near future. I thought about starting with 6-8mg maybe, what do you guys think, is that reasonable or would you go lower?

Xorkoth, skimming over this and the previous thread I read your descriptions of doing "energywork" on this substance and percieving depression and anxiety as "energy being stuck" or something like that and then being able to work it out somehow. I found that very interesting, but I can't quite picture what you were actually doing, are you talking about meditation or is it more about yoga/dancing/physical activity or something else completely?

I have had a sample of 5-MeO-MiPT lying around for some time and might give it a try in the near future. I thought about starting with 6-8mg maybe, what do you guys think, is that reasonable or would you go lower?

Is this your first occasion using this batch of chemical? If yes, then start with an allergy test of 100ug or less. This protects you if you were given the wrong chemical or if you have an idiosyncratic reaction. After the allergy test slowly increase your dose over multiple experiments while letting your tolerance subside between each attempt. Eventually you should reach an active dose. As a reference, Shulgin gave 4-6mg of pure 5-MeO-MiPT as the oral dose range.

Last edited:
Xorkoth, skimming over this and the previous thread I read your descriptions of doing "energywork" on this substance and percieving depression and anxiety as "energy being stuck" or something like that and then being able to work it out somehow. I found that very interesting, but I can't quite picture what you were actually doing, are you talking about meditation or is it more about yoga/dancing/physical activity or something else completely?

It was more like I just became aware of the flow of energy through my body. It actually wasn't really something I'd thought too much about before, and I wasn't doing anything purposeful to be aware of it. Once I was aware of it, I sort of concentrated on what I perceived as blockages and tried to visualize it unblocking and flowing freely.

Is this your first occasion using this batch of chemical? If yes, then start with an allergy test of 100ug or less. This protects you if you were given the wrong chemical or if you have an idiosyncratic reaction. After the allergy test slowly increase your dose over multiple experiments while letting your tolerance subside between each attempt. Eventually you should reach an active dose. As a reference, Shulgin gave 4-6mg of pure 5-MeO-MiPT as the oral dose range.

Shulgin in his book recommend his doses but people forget that back then hcl was used more and now fumarate version is now used and is like 30% weaker, am I right? so nmany people say his doses were lower when in fact his book is a great recommendation on dosing I would think

that said still best to start slow and increase slowly up and not overdo it, can always go up the next time.

if its a new batch for sure do allergy test andf start low first time, thats why I like stuff ive used before before i know the potency, with a new batch, you dont know potency, if its impure, etc ive had a very bad expirience with a new batch so this is why i feel strongly enough to mention to always do an allergy test, test your product, and first time doing the new batch, start lower bc it very well may have a different potency than previous batch

Thanks, I will rethink my approach. What I usually did in the past was to do an allergy test first, then proceed to take one dose that should be below threshold level and then take a dose that should be above threshold level though not too high. I was thinking to drop the middlestep this time, but I guess you are right that this is not an activity where it's harmless to cut corners. On the other hand one always has to trade in safety for practicality to a certain extent. Of course the smaller the increase with each dose the better, but how many steps do you usually use to feel reasonably safe?

Xorkoth, thanks for elaborating. Funny how misleading words can be, your phrase "energywork" made me think you were talking about some kind of elaborate practice that you do regularly.

Thanks, I will rethink my approach. What I usually did in the past was to do an allergy test first, then proceed to take one dose that should be below threshold level and then take a dose that should be above threshold level though not too high. I was thinking to drop the middlestep this time, but I guess you are right that this is not an activity where it's harmless to cut corners. On the other hand one always has to trade in safety for practicality to a certain extent. Of course the smaller the increase with each dose the better, but how many steps do you usually use to feel reasonably safe?

first step is find good reviews for product, word of mouth, second step is test is on regeants tests, third step allergy test, may be best to do a lower dose, if youve never done product obviously start low and if you already have experience just dont push the dose from last time bc its a while new batch and you dont know if more potent, impure or containmented (its tested stuff on my regeants test that tested out well and got the worst side effects ever) Can always go up in dose the next time if product is good first time and you know the batches potency

but how many steps do you usually use to feel reasonably safe?

The exact procedure depends on the expected potency of the chemical. With chemicals of this expected potency you should start with 100ug, then increase in approximately 1mg increments. Monitor your vitals and after each experiment make notes.

Thanks! I will report back how it went. It might take some time though.

All you really need to do in your "pre-trialing" is establish that your drug is A. Not going to cause a deadly allergic reaction, then check that B. It's not mislabeled carfentanil that'll kill you at 1 mg, and finally C. "Confirm" that it's doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Your individual response may vary, so it's always best to incrementally figure out what you prefer... But ultimately you're not grossing on untreaded ground, and while subjective experiences tend to vary quite a bit, truly idiosyncratic reactions to psychedelics just aren't particularly common. So once you notice threshold dose you're in the clear to go for (the low end) of a normal dose.

anybody have experience vaping 5-meo-mipt using a dome and nail? Ive been wanting to experiment with that ROA but ive never vaped a tryptamine before besides DMT sandwiched in weed (which probably didn't 'vape' at all). I was mostly wondering about how hot the nail should be and if it would be better to hit it through water or not. It almost seems like it would be such a hassle I should just eat it like usual but i'm pretty curious

Tried an ultimately disastrous experiment last week. I love 5-MeO-MiPT and have enjoyed it orally from 8-9 mg many times. Still, I get pretty uncomfortable come-ups so I decided to try plugging (which works well for me with 2C-B and 2C-E).

Plugged 6 mg in solution. Super comfortable come-up and a lovely 5-6 hour trip.

BUT! After the trip faded I found myself wracked with excruciating pain. 5-MeO-MiPT might as well have been caustic acid in my rectum. I'll spare you the unpleasant details but it was maybe 5 hours of extremely bad pain that did not allow me to even think about anything else. Eventually I was able to sleep and felt mostly better in the morning.

I have learned my lesson. For now on I'll only plug a new substance if I can find dozens of glowing reports. 2-3 forum comments aren't enough and it isn't absolutely not worth the risk.

I haven't used this material in years. But in 2008, me and my girlfriend at the time each plugged 8 mg of moxy. Amazing psychedelic sexual trip,glowing experience for both of us.

We tried the same dose same ROA the next night, and my girlfriend got extreme intestinal discomfort and explosive diarrhea for hours. I felt okay, but my trip was ruined by her bad reaction.

Didn't touch the stuff too much ever since. Still got some left.

Tried an ultimately disastrous experiment last week. I love 5-MeO-MiPT and have enjoyed it orally from 8-9 mg many times. Still, I get pretty uncomfortable come-ups so I decided to try plugging (which works well for me with 2C-B and 2C-E).

Plugged 6 mg in solution. Super comfortable come-up and a lovely 5-6 hour trip.

BUT! After the trip faded I found myself wracked with excruciating pain. 5-MeO-MiPT might as well have been caustic acid in my rectum. I'll spare you the unpleasant details but it was maybe 5 hours of extremely bad pain that did not allow me to even think about anything else. Eventually I was able to sleep and felt mostly better in the morning.

I have learned my lesson. For now on I'll only plug a new substance if I can find dozens of glowing reports. 2-3 forum comments aren't enough and it isn't absolutely not worth the risk.
did it really dissolve or just mix with the water? if it was a freebase, it wouldn't dissolve properly, and also be more caustic than a salt.

Weird, I've plugged this with no discomfort at all. I've also plugged AMT freebase dissolved in water (just in a gel cap, this was during a period of time where I abused AMT heavily and got lazy about dosing procedures), and even it only burned a bit for a little while (and it did absorb) - and AMT freebase is quite caustic.

In my experience, 5-meo-mipt doesn't burn at all--at least considering the dosages it's active at. Is there any possibility you injured yourself during administration but didn't notice till later? Was there any redosing, or dosing of other drugs, or... *ahem* anal play afterwards? It is a strong vasoconstrictor so it would be quite easy to hurt yourself down there after its onset.

Also intestinal bloating, diarrhea, and similar are all fairly predictable effects of administering a SERT-active compound rectally--or even orally, as some know. I'm sure sensitivity to this effect will vary by individual.

^if I had to guess, the amount of water present in your lower colon will determine the degree to which the 5-MeO-MiPT travels "backwards" up the intestine by diffusion and thus how much it irritates intestinal 5-ht3 receptors. Anyway the dosage of this one is tiny and the oral bioavailability is high so despite the awful taste and smell I kind of prefer oral dosing.

Gf pegged me last night on 5-MeO-MiPT. Couldn't think at all afterwards, spent most of the next few hours snuggled against her leg. ^,^;

In my experience, 5-meo-mipt doesn't burn at all--at least considering the dosages it's active at. Is there any possibility you injured yourself during administration but didn't notice till later? Was there any redosing, or dosing of other drugs, or... *ahem* anal play afterwards? It is a strong vasoconstrictor so it would be quite easy to hurt yourself down there after its onset.

Also intestinal bloating, diarrhea, and similar are all fairly predictable effects of administering a SERT-active compound rectally--or even orally, as some know. I'm sure sensitivity to this effect will vary by individual.

To follow up on people's questions, the 5-MeO-MiPT was dissolved entirely in solution (to the best that I could tell, but oral administrations from this same solution always feel the same, so I imagine this is true). I plugged using anal lube shooters which were quite easy on me and I have plenty of experience doing so. No redosing, and only other drug was some vaped weed.

It's possible the undiluted vodka played a role in irritating tissues and exacerbated the problem. Although I've plugged undiluted vodka solutions before without any particular problems (minor burning I guess).

Definitely appears to be something that effects individuals differently.