Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Recommend MANY MORE Movies vrs. 3 or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Smokes Blunts.

Ex-Bluelighter
Am liking the way that despite being a tawdry little turd of a film Goon has generated so much in the way of discussion. There's been a bazillion truly ourstanding films recommended in this thread over the years not a single one of which has had so much debate and even - dare I say - thoughtful critique teased out from a bunch o' druggy cunt armchair critics. This is most definitely a Good Thing. Bodes very well for the proposed communal viewing film club idea if it ever gets off the ground dontcha think? :)

In other film thread news, had a looksee back over the last coupla pages and will be purchasing several of the recommendations. Looks like it's gonna be a French Fillum Fest @ Chez Sham this week. Bon bon :)

PS: Romper Stomper is a top film. And another fine example of how to portray properly brutal violence in the right way. Definitely recommended.

I watched a good Turkish film the other day:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Market:_A_Tale_of_Trade

poster.jpg

It was a bugger to purchase though. But well worth it. An interesting look behind the curtain of a country I know next to nothing about. Along with some awesome shots of a couple of beautiful countries who have for the most part not churned out much cinema yet.

I nearly lost the nut there. Thread got closed as I was typing a reply. Managed to recover it though.

Bodes very well for the proposed communal viewing film club idea if it ever gets off the ground dontcha think? :)

PS: Romper Stomper is a top film. And another fine example of how to portray properly brutal violence in the right way. Definitely recommended.

It does. I think because we all watched within a couple of days of each other instead of trying to discuss a film with someone that they saw yesterday & you saw 3 years ago, na mean? Someone needs to start that thread though (not me), as I'm well up for the film club thread. Not so much the actual discussion, I can feel it'll get a bit "debatey" at times, but the being forced to watch a film that I normally wouldn't or would normally download & never get round to it as I'm too busy watching South Park or something.

& aye - Romper Stomper = Classic.

I nearly lost the nut there. Thread got closed as I was typing a reply. Managed to recover it though.

It does. I think because we all watched within a couple of days of each other instead of trying to discuss a film with someone that they saw yesterday & you saw 3 years ago, na mean? Someone needs to start that thread though (not me), as I'm well up for the film club thread. Not so much the actual discussion, I can feel it'll get a bit "debatey" at times, but the being forced to watch a film that I normally wouldn't or would normally download & never get round to it as I'm too busy watching South Park or something.

& aye - Romper Stomper = Classic.

We were thinking of putting it to a vote or only recommending films with universal appeal, so that at worst only one person hates said film. That way we can discuss the story/style etc. itself instead of hashing out why it's good:bad? I'll let marmalade make the thread and the rules though, cus I don't want to steal her thunder. My only request is that we don't go too art house. I'm a fan of doing a different country every week - Korean, Turkish, French, Japanese, Australian, British, American, German etc. etc.

Film club sounds good, but putting Marmz in charge of anything sounds bad 8)

How you gonna recommend Korean film with "universal appeal" lol.

Someone just bang up a thread - Marmalade you've been nominated, seems it was your idea.

Let's not get too bogged down in fucking rules n shit. Why don't a few folk recommend a film (I don't it has to be "This is good, let's watch it!" Just "Let's watch this, it may or may not be good"), a mod bangs up a poll, cunts vote, job done.

How you gonna recommend Korean film with "universal appeal" lol.

Someone just bang up a thread - Marmalade you've been nominated, seems it was your idea.

Let's not get too bogged down in fucking rules n shit. Why don't a few folk recommend a film (I don't it has to be "This is good, let's watch it!" Just "Let's watch this, it may or may not be good"), a mod bangs up a poll, cunts vote, job done.

I can think of a few Korean films right off the top of my head that pretty much everyone on here will enjoy; Oldboy springs to mind, as does I saw the Devil, and a Bittersweet Life. The Host is also quite good but may or may not be to everyone's tastes though.

Name one person out of all the people who have expressed an interest in this film club who doesn't already like oldboy ;) Out of the whole of EADD I can only think of 1 or 2 people who might dislike oldboy.

I don't disagree. Was just making the point on "universal appeal". If I showed OldBoy to my maw, I can guarantee she wouldn't find it universally appealing.

Your mum is probably not going to participate in the EADD film club though

cant go wrong with oldboy or any of the sympathy for mr/lady vengance ones, oldboy is just more known and has much better fight scenes etc

I don't disagree. Was just making the point on "universal appeal". If I showed OldBoy to my maw, I can guarantee she wouldn't find it universally appealing.

I can think of a few Korean films right off the top of my head that pretty much everyone on here will enjoy

Universally appeal to our film club, not to every last person in the world lol.

Nice, Oldboy is on Netflix, will watch it tomorrow.

I've deleted Goon to make way for Oldboy. Should I create a special MSB directory so I can just delete them all at the end of the month, or is this one going to be any good? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.