European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Your Favourite Quotes and Sayings

'No stems no seeds no things ya don't need,

Acapulco Gold is.. Bad Ass Weed!!'

My favourite and most profound arrangement of the english language...

"It was fuckin' obvious that cunt was gonna fuck some cunt"

Frank Begbie attempting to rationalise Spuds recent imprisonment in the film adaption of Trainspotting.

Of course the icing on the cake is Mrs Rentons advice to her son in light of Begbies wisdom.

"You listen to Francis, Mark, he knows what he's on about"

18 years down the line and im still waiting for it to be beaten.

Begbie <3

My favourite bit of that scene is that the end where he shout's 'Your son was a fucking junky if that's not your fault I don't know what is' at Spud's mum, then in a moment clarity realises he's sitting around with the family of a junky, and resorts to 'I'll get the drinks in eh?'=D

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive" Robert Louis Stevenson

"Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool. And sometimes Clarence asks me what I would have done if he had died, if that bullet had been two inches more to the left. To this, I always smile, as if I'm not going to satisfy him with a response. But I always do. I tell him of how I would want to die, but that the anguish and the want of death would fade like the stars at dawn, and that things would be much as they are now. Perhaps. Except maybe I wouldn't have named our son Elvis." - Alabama, True Romance ending.

Was thinking about that film again today, might watch it again tomorrow despite only having seen it a couple of weeks ago. So lovely, can't believe I went all these years without ever coming across it.

Brilliant film, loved that end bit as well with that quote, beautiful

"The weekend has landed. All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world, man. I'm gonna blow steam out my head like a screaming kettle, I'm gonna talk cod shit to strangers all night, I'm gonna lose the plot on the dancefloor. The free radicals inside me are freakin', man! Tonight I'm Jip Travolta, I'm Peter Popper, I'm going to never-never land with my chosen family, man. We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did, anything could happen tonight, you know? This could be the best night of my life. I've got 73 quid in my back burner - I'm gonna wax the lot, man! The Milky Bars are on me! Yeah!"

“Don't you hate that? Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable? That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.”

"Ambition is fucking critical "

Slightly adapted quote from the original that was used in a decent little comedy flick once.

Kinda think I agree with it but id prefix it with "Personal ambition ".

In some cases I think choosing willfull ignorance is okay, be that as a general survival strategy or as a hedonistic choice, or if you've got a set of character traits that work whatever the weather & give out positive outcomes all round regardless of knowledge.

You can't 'unknow' things you've learned which you know rather than believe to be true, especially those which have strong links and bind together into making things make sense while simultaneously being what you know to be "right" or what should be.

/rambling shite n nonsense

Dan, there's a huge part of me that gets off on awkward and uncomfortable situations. I especially like making eye contact as direct as possible during them too. Contemplating what everyone is thinking and the absurdities sometimes involved... I find that awesome.

I love absurdity. I wish I could let it manifest my creativity but I've been too much of an observer for too long.

David Lynch on Voyeurism
"I'm convinced we all are voyeurs. It's part of the detective thing. We want to know secrets and we want to know what goes on behind those windows. And not in a way that we would use to hurt anyone. There's an entertainment value to it, but at the same time we want to know: What do humans do? Do they do the same things as I do? It's a gaining of some sort of knowledge, I think."

David Lynch on absurdity

"...the concept of absurdity is something I'm attracted to."

"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted."

"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd. But I don't just find humor in unhappiness - I find it extremely heroic the way people forge on despite the despair they often feel. Like the character in 'Eraserhead' -he's totally confused, yet he struggles to figure things out and do what's best. Isn't that fantastic?"

Ooooo! Nice one. Love the synergy too, since my love for lynch is never ending. All my favourites, from friends through to artists and makers, have a little pinky fixed onto the piece of twine binding and linking all the important stuff, often the ineffable (and absurd) together. You just know when someone 'gets it' through their work... and often those folks don't just get it, the get the whole lot. They normally stand out a mile off by their choices and what they do creatively
.... or what they whisper to you in the dark, when yr half asleep and no one else is around.

Irony in its proper form is occasionally satisfying, and personally gratifying, but ultimately its a huge negative, especially used in that way, and its not good for the soul. Especially when its used to dodge personal responsibility fraudulently, which it so frequently is, while bolstering the ego. Its smugness masquerading as intelligence imo

Will PM in the mornernoon Misses <3

The Dadaist is the freest human on earth.

The ideologist is any man who falls for the fraud perpetrated on him by his own intellect: that an idea, i.e., the symbol of a momentarily perceived reality, can possess absolute reality, or that you can manipulate a collection of notions like a set of dominoes.

Richard Hülsenbeck

I am removing the "is" from my writing more and more. Removing it from your speech is even harder. Instead of thinking, "The grass is green," think that "the grass appears green to me." And this saved me a lot of time. By the way, I don't get embroiled in arguments like Beethoven is better than Mozart, or rock is better than soul. I define such things as meaningless. And so when people get into arguments like that I just say, "Well, Beethoven seems better to me than Mozart most of the time." I don't say, "Beethoven is better than Mozart."

I return to E-Prime in my thinking whenever I find myself getting angry with somebody, or feeling depressed or hopeless, or having negative emotional states in general. Once you take out all of the "ises" out of all of your negative statements, you find out they are all relative to how you feel at the moment.

-- Robert Anton Wilson on E-Prime, a form of English that excludes the verb "to be". Interested me, anyway.

Me too - read that Wilson piece on it a few years back. Must read again. I like to think I've done my best to apply the anti-'is' principle as much as possible. I'm sceptical about e-prime as a whole, but as something to experiment with, metaprogramming wise, it's fascinating.

Cheers, swampy. :)