European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Your Favourite Quotes and Sayings

rockstar 69

Ex-Bluelighter
Some day all the world will sing my song, somewhere in my heart the beat goes on!

It's not the end of the night, it's not even the end of the day!

- Liam Gallagher

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. Because I carry a big stick and I'm the meanest mother fucker in the valley! Two sharks down, Lord! One demon fish to go! Can I get an Amen?

-Preacher, Deep Blue Sea

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that **** for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ***. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherf**ker before you popped a cap in his ***. But I saw some **** this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous a** in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that sh*t ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.

- Samuel L Jackson, Pulp Fiction

Anyone with anymore worthwhile material?

“To be governed is to be kept in sight, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right, nor the wisdom, nor the virtue to do so . . .”

- Proudhon.

Very good sir, top marks for that one. I'm sifting through a few just now.

'If you marry an ape don't complain when you find his stast of bananas' - We Own The Night, not so serious or worthwhile, just amused me.

Floating, Farting and Fucking - No Sleep til Brooklyn!

Can't remember where that's from, it's fucking boss!

Guy DeBord said:
Work is only justified by leisure time. To admit the emptiness of leisure time is to admit the impossibility of life

Aleister Crowley said:
The Universe is a practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular

For in much wisdom [is] much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow

And I'll think of more.

"How you like me now ,
Gold teeth when i smile
They tryin a take me out the HOOD but i still
Buckwild

Last edited:
"Throw moderation to the winds, and the greatest pleasures bring the greatest pains."
Democritus

"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."
Nido Qubein

"Somethings going on - its 5 in the morning, can i smell yo dick?"
Riskay

"Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."
Nido Qubein

I'm fucking loving that at this specific moment! :)

me too, good one.

I'm very fond of this but no idea where it originated:

'just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.'

it was probably :sus:

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live! - Bob Marley

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." - Wendell Phillips

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." - Lord Acton

"If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it." - Mark Twain

"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst; every other species of tyranny is limited to the world we live in, but this attempts to stride beyond the grave, and seeks to pursue us into eternity." - Thomas Paine

"All it requires for the forces of evil, bigotry, superstition and ignorance to keep their grip on the minds of the people is that good men and women continue to do nothing." - After Voltaire

"If you want to make someone angry, tell him a lie. If you want to make him furious, tell him the truth. - Arthur Schopenhauer

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for
people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
-Noam Chomsky

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." - Albert Einstein

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." - Buddha

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.” - John Stuart Mill

"Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape." - William S. Burroughs

"I do not take drugs. I am drugs." - Salvador Dali

"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the Prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this." - Albert Einstein

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves." - Bill Hicks

Er, and it isn't exactly inspirational, but on the same subject, Rorschach in Watchmen:

'Paranoid, eh? is that what they're saying about me now?'

'Age cannot wither her nor custom stale her infinite variety' From Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra

'They can because they think they can' Homer

“People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that’s bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It’s all in how you carry it. That’s what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you’re letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”
― Jim Morrison

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. John Lennon

Trillions of biblical ones as well.

"You Might learn a little something , if you learn to stop fronting"

"There are times, however, and this is one of them, when even being right feels wrong. What do you say, for instance, about a generation that has been taught that rain is poison and sex is death? If making love might be fatal and if a cool spring breeze on any summer afternoon can turn a crystal blue lake into a puddle of black poison right in front of your eyes, there is not much left except TV and relentless masturbation. It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die." - Hunter S. Thompson

"Industrial man—a sentient reciprocating engine having a fluctuating output, coupled to an iron wheel revolving with uniform velocity. And then we wonder why this should be the golden age of revolution and mental derangement." - Aldous Huxley

"The worst kind of non-smoker is the one when you're smoking and they just walk up to you [mocks a person faking a cough] I always say 'shit, you're lucky you don't smoke. That's a hell of a cough you got there. I smoke all day and don't cough like that. Maybe you were conceived with a weak sperm or somethin'. Maybe your dad was jackin' off and your mom sat on it at the last second.' Did I overreact? I don't think I did. I think that's kind of cruel, I'm smoking and you come up coughing at me, Jesus. Do you go up to crippled people and start dancing too, you fuck? [starts dancing] Hey Mr. Wheelchair, what's your problem? C'mon iron-side, race ya. Fuckin' sadists. I mean the nerve!" - Bill Hicks

"The junk merchant doesn't sell his product to the consumer, he sells the consumer to his product. He does not improve and simplify his merchandise. He degrades and simplifies the client." - William Burroughs

"The actuality of action is so often confused with all sorts of ideas, intentions, preliminaries to resolutions, preludes of mood, etc. that there is very seldom any action at all." - Søren Kierkegaard

Last edited:
I think (just guessing from the style) the last one is the No Cure for Cancer bloke but I can't remember his name.......

I think (just guessing from the style) the last one is the No Cure for Cancer bloke but I can't remember his name.......

Oh blasphemy! Denis leary? It's not, it's Bill hicks...but I can see why you thought that; because he totally stole most of Hicks' jokes and style.