• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Your Favourite Quotes and Sayings

If it smells like fish and tastes like chicken, that's the bit you put your dick in!

Unless you are gay or your girlfriend is adventurous in which case: if it smells like ass & tastes like ass, that's the bit you put your dick in!

George Bernard Shaw and most of the Fabians were utter tools - it's no wonder he expected people to make constant allowances and readjustments for him.

GBS was quite the tool, but that quote is probably the best thing he was responsible for.

I think you get the actual meaning of the quote, so I won't bother with a patronising explanation of its actual meaning, which is nothing to do with 'making allowances' for GBS in particular, and everything to do with the fact that human beings are constantly changing attitudes, beliefs and ideals according to their experience.

Perhaps I'd have had better luck with a platitude from some Southeast Asian baldie about 'the Tao' or some other such superstitious nonsense. Ah well. :)

Perhaps I'd have had better luck with a platitude from some Southeast Asian baldie about 'the Tao' or some other such superstitious nonsense. Ah well. :)

:D

Never did I read such tosh. As for the first 2 chapters we will let them pass, but the 3rd 4th 5th 6th--merely the scratching of pimples on the body of the bootboy at Claridges . . .

Virginia Woolf on Ulysses 8)

She was obviously missing the point in quite a big way, but:

the scratching of pimples on the body of the bootboy at Claridges . . .

Now that's just beautiful. =D

“If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is - infinite.”
― William Blake

Spooky 8o

I was given a leaflet this very morning by my psychiatrist that had this at the top:

Montaigne said:
"My life has been full of terrible misfortunes, most of which never happened'"

I assume that is the original quote being as it is from some 300 years prior.

heard this one somewhere and had it in my head throught the week

the squeaky wheel gets the grease

seems to fit all too well with my work collegues...

Mark Twain - “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”

"Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice". - Taken from my SCOOOOTER are you ready CD from when I was 13, stuck with me forever.

The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but thought about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral. It is as it is.”

Found this one reading The Tempest today, which describes a boat as 'as leaky as an unstanched wench'. Made me giggle far more than I should, unstanched meaning both unplugged and unsatisfied.

I don't have any inspirational ones, sorry.

Isn't leakage more of an issue with a satisfied wench than an unsatisfied one?

Found this one reading The Tempest today, which describes a boat as 'as leaky as an unstanched wench'. Made me giggle far more than I should, unstanched meaning both unplugged and unsatisfied.

I don't have any inspirational ones, sorry.

I think I was too young to cotton onto that when I read The Tempest...

Now, if you like your innuendos, have a glance over Lysistrata... you'll never think of slippers the same way again. ;)

"I will neither extend my Persian slippers toward the ceiling..."

It's essentially a classical play about women not putting out to persuade the men to stop a war. I'm pretty sure there are some phallic references in there too.

Been 8 years since I read that... not what I was expecting as one of the texts when I chose 'Classical Studies' as a filler in 6th year. =D

Life may very well be a jigsaw puzzle.. but remember there is a bigger picture