The Big & Dandy 25C-NBOH Thread

biffhenderson

Bluelighter
25C-NBOH
2-((2-(4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethylamino)methyl)phenol

6vEoZgq.png

25X-NBOMe, 25X-NBOH SAFETY MESSAGE

poison.jpg

This is a newly discovered group of chemicals, with little history of human use.
It has already become clear that these substances carry substantial risks that must be highlighted.

Examples of chemicals belonging to this family include 25i-NBOMe, 25c-NBOMe, 25i-NBOH, 25c-NBOH.
Nicknames include "25i", "25c", N-bomb, N-bome etc.

Some facts you should know about The 25X - NBOMe series, which must also be considered to apply to the NBOH series:

25x NBOMe chemicals have killed at "normal" recreational doses.
  • We don't know how it kills.
  • People have died from doses that are smaller than ones they've taken in the past.
  • We don't know the reasons why it is so unpredictable yet.
Doses can lead to psychotic episodes and ER visits
  • If you or people around you must take these drugs, avoid combinations and advise others to avoid it as well.
  • If someone appears to be overdosing, it is important to get medical attention quickly to minimize chance of death or injury.
These chemicals are sometimes mislabeled and sold as LSD or "acid"
  • If in doubt about your drugs, learn how to test them using testing kits/reagents. Don't have blind faith in the reputation of your source.
  • A good rule of thumb these days is "if it's bitter it's a spitter"
  • If you take blotters sold as LSD, swallowing them may render NBOMe type compounds inactive while swallowing LSD will work just as well!
25x is difficult to dose properly
  • Tolerance builds quickly, but toxicity may still occur.
  • Doses can often be unpredictable and uneven, even from the same sheet.
  • There is an unknown but narrow margin between a fun dose, and an overdose.
  • Reactions may vary wildly between individuals, but can also be inconsistent for the same person. Previous successful experiences offer no guarantees.

NBOMe substances are cheap and widely available, however they are not well understood, and have caused a number of deaths. There are safer and (arguably) better substances to begin with than these. Know your drugs, do your research, and spread the word!

And finally information for people pushing the dosage with NBOMe's:

The NBOMe series is known to be more dangerous than other psychedelic drug families. High doses can easily result in severe reactions such as seizures and HPPD. It is possible to get away with high doses because the mental component of the trip is mild so it may not feel as intense as other psychedelics even though there are powerful visuals. In order to try and overcome this some users take several doses to get a more intense/spiritual experience. While this does work for some, for others this is where the serious side-effects emerge.

As a result of this it is recommended that if you are seeking an intense experience, something more than eye candy, you select a different psychedelic with a higher natural intensity and better safety record such as 2C-E or LSD.

It is strongly advised that users do not take more than 1.5 doses of this drug, with one dose generally agreed to be x.x mg (xxxxu g).

Insufflating doses further increases the risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how you'd love to see some speculation... as if we can gather a goddamned thing from it except for the very, very basics. It would be dangerous and irresponsible to speculate on it. This is the problem with the research chemical market. Someone sees a completely untested unknown substance on the internet at a 'vendor'. You don't even know if what you're consuming is the real thing, you don't know the conditions of the lab in which the substance was produced, and now you're looking for a guinea pig.

Completely. Fucking. Irresponsible.

That's a little uncalled for, we may not know much or anything about it but it's very close to both 25I-NBOH and 25C-NBOMe. Unfortunately we don't know much either about the former but there have been a number of people to try and comment on the latter. We can rage about the whole research chemical thing in general but it's not going to help anyone. The best we can do is to warn people about every indication we have that something is dangerous and for what reason.

Also I must say I rather see an "advanced user" like an actual Shulgin type of guy contemplating the ins and outs of the molecule itself first before carefully titrating, much rather than some random person ordering a powder off the internet.

Then again there is a difference between some of the ugliest most nasty modifications of say stimulant molecule structures, and slight variations on a compound that doesn't seem to pose immediate threats other than being extremely potent and requiring proper handling of the stuff itself.
For example 4-BMC aka brephedrone, to put that on the market you would have to be an ignorant asshole because of 4-chloroamphetamine. There is no saying that this 25C-NBOH won't be harmful but I don't know of any induction of evidence that says it will be.

Nobody should take this as meaning that the compound in this thread is safe and the whole NBOMe development may be a disaster waiting to happen but why should this specific compound be where we stop giving compounds the benefit of the doubt, I'm not sure.

What's more: your complaints about the research chemical market are not selective to rare and novel compounds like this, popular drugs are intentionally mispresented all the time, on the internet as well as on the streets.

So please don't randomly pick threads like this if you want to start discussing the caveats of novel drug "research" by wrong people or in general. If you have constructive criticism then let's hear of a way to handle the appearance of newer and weirder drugs properly and preferably use a thread that is meant for the general topic.
If you can't find one using the search engine, you can always create a new one.

Here: The Ethics of NBOMe availability Thread

I think the topic in general is valid and I put a link of this in a few OPs

-----

Where I do agree that speculation can be dangerous is that if it is suggested that the dosage for example lies higher than for a similar compound like 25C-NBOMe this should not be taken as a go-ahead to start with a high dose. No, you still start very low, like lower than a normal 25C-NBOMe dose to be sure. We can question whether titration should be started with near homeopathic concentrations and if that is practical but it's still always safer than to dive in at some "expected" dose.

Threads like this aren't necessarily useless or a breeding ground for irresponsibility - people who properly start titrating low can report their experiences here so that we may learn from it, also for example some traits may be notice in the varying substitutions... for example how -NBF, -NBOH or MBMD compounds may be better appreciated subjectively (on average) for a specific reason - or of course worse... or how 25D compounds may show worrying side-effects that the 25 halogen's do not.

Better to get some idea of these things than just repress discussion and let people figure it all out for themselves. Sharing info for harm reduction, but moderating it to leave out irreponsible suggestions and emphasize important warnings, seems to be best.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say its comments like this that make people hate BL.

NBOH doesnt seem to be as potent as 25I, 25C, or 25B (the nbomes) basically the same effects though

are there any more reports on this one? I just picked up a sample of this in the HCL form and the MSDS says it's soluble in water. Does this mean it would be fine to dose orally? I'm in the same boat as azzo in that I've worked with 25b,25c, 25d, and 25i NBOMe. 25i-NBOMe was my least fav though.

No. These N-substituted PEA compounds are inactive orally because in your gut the N-substitution is cleaved and you are left with 2C-I in a dose far too small to do anything. It has nothing to do with solubility.

I don't think I have this, only the NBMD and NBF of 25I-NX.... Start extremely low just to be sure and work your way up. Yes it is probably less potent than 25I-NBOMe but you cannot be certain of unexpected side-effects.

It is fortunate the doses are so low, I was under the impression that phenolic compounds were harmful but maybe that is only phenol itself. Metabolism of this compound would probably yield ortho-hydroxybenzaldehyde if I am not mistaken, which would be further metabolized.

There is a 25C-NBOH thread in the Psychedelic Index but unfortunately it lacks any real data.

ortho-hydroxybenzaldehyd

Which is also known as salicylaldehyde - precursor to salicylic acid, the anti-inflammatory precurosr to aspirin. In the amounts found in the NBOH series (even the NBOMe series) you would only make micrograms of the stuff through metabolism anyway.

Usually I plug the NBOMes. Thanks for the metabolic info though. Probably won't have time to assay this one for at least a month or so but will update when I do.

✰hyperobjects✰;11219340 said:
Usually I plug the NBOMes.

How effictive is that compared to snorting? I would imagine similar bioavailablity, but i haven't had any luck finding info.

How effictive is that compared to snorting? I would imagine similar bioavailablity, but i haven't had any luck finding info.

I don't think the come up is as fast as nasally, but yes bioavailability should be similar.

Any more reports available on this one?
A few vendors are claiming blotters will be here within the week...

I love how you'd love to see some speculation... as if we can gather a goddamned thing from it except for the very, very basics. It would be dangerous and irresponsible to speculate on it. This is the problem with the research chemical market. Someone sees a completely untested unknown substance on the internet at a 'vendor'. You don't even know if what you're consuming is the real thing, you don't know the conditions of the lab in which the substance was produced, and now you're looking for a guinea pig.

Completely. Fucking. Irresponsible.

Lol so why are you on bluelight again? Last I checked RC's were the hottest topic here! Maybe you should find a new home

Anyway, I'm quite interested in this 25C-NBOH. Seeing how the nbome compounds will probably be banned soon it would be great to have a good few replacements handy.

Lol so why are you on bluelight again? Last I checked RC's were the hottest topic here! Maybe you should find a new home

Anyway, I'm quite interested in this 25C-NBOH. Seeing how the nbome compounds will probably be banned soon it would be great to have a good few replacements handy.

1)Because Bluelight and more specifically the Psychedelics forum cover more than just research chemicals. 2)Because there is still valid criticisms of the RC market, even if you are too blind/ignorant to accept it. 3)Because, while maybe harsh, it's a completely reasonable argument to make and a warning to offer.

Hello everyone,

First of all let me say I am a well traveled explorer and have been a lurker here for several years.

Today I received 3x1000mcg blotters of this chemical 25C-NBOH from a trusted source.

At 3:00pm EST I began researching 1 half of a blotter or 500mcg.

I will report back with my findings.

1 <3

Reporting in,

3:19pm I am definitely noticing some increased activity in my visual field already.

3:21pm Enhanced edge definition and the brightening of colors is apparent.

3:23pm Having a strange sensation of rocking forward and backward ever so slightly, however I am sitting perfectly still.

3:29pm Colors are still deepening and my headspace has shifted to the trip space now.

I will continue to report further developments. ;)

Sounds good, care to compare this to 25c-NBOMe and 2C-C if you can?

Btw, I don't think Bluelight allows live trip reports because they often end up messy. Best to keep some notes and post your findings afterwards

Often messy? That's no good...

Well I doubt this one will be at the dose I took.

I'm not sure if it will be fair to compare it to 2C-C or 25C-NBOMe at this low a dose.

With new chemicals it's always a good rule of thumb to start at half the estimated active dose.

Things tend to be less messy that way.

There is a saying:

There are old researchers and there are bold researchers... But there are no old bold researchers.

;)