Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

LSD Discussion Thread (Australian Centric) Mach III

Mr Blonde

Bluelighter
This is a continuation of the previous LSD Discussion Thread (Australian Centric) v II which can be found by following that link.

As in the old thread:
No Flaming
No Self Incrimination
No Dick Sizing

And remember to follow the rules of the AusDD Guidelines at all times when posting.

Please use the search engine before posting a question or topic, to help keep the discussion fresh and interesting, and use your judgement before posting.

For information on specific tabs that are currently circulating, please see the LSD Info Request: What's Going Around - 8th Wonder of the World thread.

Enjoy. :)

pisspotnrock said:
wellll..... had a couple of tabs at the roger waters show last night and happened to have 6 boxes of nangs waitin for us when I got back.... bought a new 'nang machine' (whip cream dispensary about a month ago but never had the time to really test it out [probably only had about 10 nangs thought it since then when I've been sober]) and fuck me, nangs on acid is unreal! dont get me wrong, I've had the combination a few times before but last night it really kicked my ass (had a couple of sunflowers before the show).. it literally felt like I was havin 2-3 at once, but when in reality, I was only havin one.. it literally felt like I was havin two (what Im sayin is it amplified the No2 not the LSD)

I'm going to The Wall on Wednesday, going to be MDMA for me though. :D

going to concerts on LSD is one of life's most treasured pleasures, for me.
i learned to be a bit discerning about what gigs i went to tripping, though after some pretty menacing experiences at punk rock shows years ago. did that a few times, but never again!

I was going to go The Wall this year and was planning on a good dose of cid or mushies. Couldn't get the tiks.
I'm yet to experience my first concert tripping, have been waiting for the perfect concert and the perfect timing, my only regret is not eating a blotter for Tool in Melbourne last year, although I still maintain I might have physically exploded had I done this from the sheer amount of sensory input being blasted at me for many hours. Shpongle would have been too crowded and hot, although I was having so much fun looked like I was tripping off my nut anyway.

Worst comes to worst, I'll just get nice and garbled for The Mars Volta, assuming they tour their new album here.

you gotta be careful of the event you choose...some crowds are nightmarish to have to navigate through tripping.
for me the beauty of it is the VOLUME of the music in combination with the LSD. you can feel the sound (because it is so loud) and so much more. it's such an intense sensory experience.
i went to a great festival last year where there all sorts of bands. dub bands, blues, all kinds of stuff. bob dylan played, and elvis costello.
i think the best bit was watching this group called 'the blind boys of alabama' - sort of blues/gospel/soul sung by these old black men.
was fucking incredible - i was crying tears of joy and sorrow whilst dancing like a loon. such a wonderful experience. the beauty of music was enough to make me cry several times that day - i kept my sunglasses on well into the night, hehe. it was just overwhelmingly beautiful...dylan's slide guitarist sounded like golden sugar.
then a week or two later, went to a doof and had an entirely different (but equally mindblowing) experience with music. i think the combination of those two trips has changed how i think about (and play) music entirely. that is why i take acid :D

you do not want to be surrounded by too many straights - or worse - drunks though.
enough to do your head in. worth it for the music though, but i think for your first time, you probably want to have the most forgiving (freaky) crowd possible.
festival toilets are no psychedelic dream come true either, but you just gotta deal with that.

^ I'll second that, good post. I don't like tripping at festivals anymore, I never had a bad trip but I did have some pretty damn confusing ones.

TangerinO: That sucks you couldn't get tickets, I was lucky enough to get mine as a gift.

confusing is the right word! you need to have your wits about you, or at least a certain nonchalance.

i've learned to dislike going to shows where i am likely to know a lot of people and have to talk to them (or ignore them and keep walking!) because i end up feeling rude and weird that i'm too high to verbally communicate.
i guess big festivals can give you a sense of anonymity that seeing a touring act in a club with a few hundred people doesn't allow. having said that, i have yet to trip at something like a big day out, and i don't think i'd like to. yobs and acid are a bad combination, for me.
i'm not really a raver, so it's a different environment when i go to a show. i have a very eclectic taste in music, so it's not always going to be a crowd full of trippers or people on drugs.
having said that, i'm quite experienced with the many layers of awkwardness that exist when tripping in public - especially when you run into friends and they don't necessarily know you're on acid.

my motto - "it's all part of the trip"

haha well I'm certainly experience at tripping around doof festivals. That's how I discovered acid in the first place, and yeah needless to say I certainly made a spectacle of myself tripping for my first time in a big crowd of crazy but kind strangers.

Since then I've tripped out in town, home to drunken arsehole looking for a fight, out in the pine forests, out in the bush, secretly with my parents, in large places with a few people, and small places with a lot of people. Just this weekend gone I took two tabs and watched American Psycho which was an interesting experience to say the least. Seriously intense movie.
My golden rule is generally keep the dose lowish in places where there's "no escape" for lack of a better description. Generally works for me.

yeah, good point - i forgot to mention that - you don't need to dose as much (compared to tripping at home or somewhere 'friendly') at a festival/concert. maybe half your normal dose.

^ I was going to dose at a festival back in December but didn't end up doing so on the day and i'm glad i didn't as the vibe wasn't so great at certain stages except for 1. Either way i think if i goto a doof that will prob be the first festival/event i dose at. Something about being in nature outdoors on lucy is just surreal i cant begin to explain it.

^ Don't get me wrong i have enjoyed tripping in my room but when going outside for a smoke or to take a piss and looking up at the stars just makes me feel more at peace with the world whilst high.

I agree about halving your dose for a festival. Ive tripped twice at a festival and was quite nervous about doing so..but half a tab was just magical! Cosmic Gate on acid was in the top 3 experiences of my life!

two tabs seeing autechre in the dark at hi fi bar in 2010 = best musical experience of my life

sometimes i am apprehensive in public on acid but if i have something positive to focus my attention towards, ideally music it usually sets a good tone for the trip

looking forward to my next dose of acid seeing aphex twin in march

I usually have no problems tripping in public situations but I don't often dose extreme levels. As long as I preplan my movements and don't have to fuck around with credit cards or complex instructions to too many "norms" I am usually fine. Cash is king. I make sure I have plenty of $20 notes in an empty pocket so all I have to do is grunt, point and handover a note. I don't want to fuck around with correct change or PIN when buying my chocolate filled banana.

I have to remember its not so easy for the little lady though. One of our favorite pastimes if wandering the local modern art gallery with our headphones on and both our iPods synced to the same album. Wandering around holding hands looking at priceless works of arts is golden, even with a large crowd around us. We just have to remember we are in public though, or that "the windows are down" from time to time ;)

^ yeah financial transactions of any kind are a fucking nightmare on LSD! i totally agree about having some lobsters onhand so you don't have to fuck around with change. i completely lose all understanding of money or how to add up the value of these abstract coin sizes. as difficult as that can be, it's also one of the things i love.
i also really like the idea of the "art gallery dose". i need to do that again :)

^ yeah financial transactions of any kind are a fucking nightmare on LSD! i totally agree about having some lobsters onhand so you don't have to fuck around with change. i completely lose all understanding of money or how to add up the value of these abstract coin sizes. as difficult as that can be, it's also one of the things i love.
i also really like the idea of the "art gallery dose". i need to do that again :)

I completely understand what you mean about the money, but I find it easier to use my card where I can use paypass. I just tap it and it works. But $20 notes work too ;)

I've done that at the art gallery of QLD when they had the matisse exhibition. Was good :D

does anyone know, is any of the acid we get here in aus actually made here? or all imported.

^ Is this the case (Just curious as to why you think that) and most rc's been thrown off as tabs been made locally?

^ sorry i don't understand the question...
tabs are laid here, sure - but i don't believe LSD is synthesised in this country. not on any large scale, anyway.
i'm sure others can confirm or refute this.