Liquid Drum & Bass Megathread

liquid is awesome. B-Complex is probably one of the best producers i've ever heard. Beautiful Lies is probably one of his better known tracks, check out his other stuff though. i love them all so can't pick one particular to link =D
Stan SB has a couple of amazing tracks, most of it aint my style but worth checking out (Cloud Head)(i also have the top rated comment on that video :p),
Feint (The Catch ),
Brookes Brothers (Tear you Down),
Danny Byrd (California) you probably know, a lot of his best tracks are remixes or his tracks remixed by others, be sure to crawl youtube for em.
High Contrast's tracks i dont really like, but they do a lot of decent remixes (Pjanoo).
Future Prophecies isn't exactly liquid, but they have awesome tracks and not many people seem to know em, one of few DNB groups that succesfully put guitars in their tracks (September)
also check out NuTone (Balaclava in my System), kamo and krooked, netsky, etc., Hospital do a lot of good compilations (Sick Music).
can't think of many other artists off the top of my head^

liquid is amazing. my favorite type of dnb

this is brilliant.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXYWqV3-eY8&feature=fvst

and all of these =D
London Elektricity - Just One Second (Apex Remix)
Netsky - your way,
logistics - blackout
incontext - there for me,
Reflekt - Need to Feel Loved (Deep Focus & InContext Remix),
Subsonik vs. Kiro - Hold On,
apex - space between us,
apex - the yearning (VIP),
B-Complex - Girl With Flower

and most tracks by bachelors of science

so many more i could recommend

Last edited:
Check out..

deep focus
madmen & poets - scandinavian sunday (album) <- essential
memro
camo & krooked
logistics
klute - the emperors new clothes
commix - call to mind

Last edited:
thank goodness there are like-minded individuals out there

ps - nice suggestions all =)

i'm not so familiar with dnb - what distinguishes liquid dnb from regular dnb?

alasdair

wikipedia said:
Drum and bass (also written as drum 'n' bass and commonly abbreviated to D&B, D+B or DnB) is a type of electronic music which emerged in the late 1980s. The genre is characterized by fast breakbeats (typically between 160–180 bpm, occasional variation is noted in older compositions), with heavy bass and sub-bass lines.

wikipedia said:
Liquid funk (alternatively, Liquid Drum & Bass, Liquid DNB or Liquid) is a sub-genre of drum and bass. While it uses similar basslines and bar layouts to other styles, it contains fewer bar-oriented samples and more instrumental layers (both synthesized and natural), harmonies, and ambience, producing a calmer atmosphere directed at both home listeners and nightclub audiences.

listening to it will give you a better idea...

i'm not so familiar with dnb - what distinguishes liquid dnb from regular dnb?

alasdair

you mean to say, what distinguishes it from the other styles of genre. in general, liquid dnb encompasses the melodic side of drum and bass. let's take some examples and see if you can tell the difference:

neurofunk:
TeeBee - Hunter

liquid:
Calibre - Let Me Hold You

:)

There are other subgenres but sometimes I can't even differentiate between techstep and neurofunk. Sometimes they sound quite similar. Liquid is distinguishable.

Well techstep generally has a more raw/unrefined sound when compared to neurofunk.

Liquid is definitely pretty easy to distinguish from other D&B styles.

huzzah! liquid is def one of my most favorite genres of electronica. also none of my friends like it either ;P

this channel on youtube is fucking fantastic.... this dude has really good taste in liquid dnb and I listen to this channel all the time at work. check it out for yourself!!

do by any chance you guys also like Trance? i love classic trance, liquid dnb reminds me of trancey-ness