System of A Down

ThizzMon$teR

Bluelighter
Well as some of you already may know they're touring again after I think its been 6 years. I went to one of their shows recently. Honestly it was straight up insane. System live is amazing, everything is on key and perfect.

Any other die hard fans out there?

I have 3 of their cds and don't mind them on the odd occasion. If they came back to Australia for a tour i would get tickets to check them out live.

I feel their stuff after toxicity isnt that memorable but I imagine their live set hits pretty nice.

Fucking love their "Aerials" song but yea Toxicity is their best album imo.

I have just about all their music. I play the shit out of SOAD!! I was just telling my b/f that I'd love to see them live.

Guess we will be going to see System this year. :) *Fingers crossed they play near my city-

I can't even imagine what a mosh pit would be like at a SOAD gig. Would be awesome to see them live.

Really love their Mezmerize album.

hell yeah system kick arse live!!
personally i liked their self titled album and toxicity best.. I lost interest a bit after that.
or maybe i got old.
saw them live in '96/7/8 i forget.
they rocked my world.

snowblind is a great track imo - less well known i guess.
spiders still sends shivers down my spine

i'll always have a fond memory forever imprinted in me of SOAD.

i was 15, grade 10 in aus, and was on my way to my first Big Day Out festival held on the Gold Coast - the set list consisted of toxicity and the self titled ep. being underage but with my uncle and his group friends who were 19+ made it pretty easy to get into the pub across from the showgrounds where the festival is held. we had pre drinks there and scored a bag of weed randomly from a dude my uncle got chatting to in the pisser.

we went over to a pizza joint and hit the dude up if he had a problem with lighting a few up behind the back of the shop - he was cool with it :D so we got blazed, tanked on beer and headed off to the gates to get into the festival.

there was SOAD playing and what a welcoming to my first BDO experience. moshing simultaneously with thousands of people surrounding me, experiencing it with my uncle and some of his good mates who i'd party with in their share house right next to one of my highschool friends at the time. the same uncle lived with us for a while and is one rockin dude.

i was the sacrificial one who had to hide the pipe and weed in my shoe through security of course which turned out all good haha. there were even evidential pictures taken of me smoking on the grassy hills which mum caught glimpse of at one of uncles said gatherings.

System is the shit. I saw them a few months ago in SD. They played all their good songs, not just the new stuff. A friend and I were chief-in some hash before. I had a disposable pipe on me and I didn't want to deal with security so I tossed it in the bushes. We got inside and had no vessel with which to smoke, but these dudes near us let us use their pipe and smoked us out with a joint.

I use to really dig them when I was younger, when I first got into metal. I enjoyed Toxicity and Mezmerize the most, but lost interest before they even released Hypnotize. I just grew out of the whole Nu-Metal scene. It got boring and fashionable I felt.

I think I'd be interested in seeing that. I wonder what their set list would be like.

Soundwave 2012 Mofos!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

I started saying over 9 months ago that I predict SOAD for the headliner in 2012... and looky here!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Just a lil' excited!

Thought-provoking song ATWA...

Proposes validity in charles manson's thoughts. Also, questions the state of reality. I have a lot of respect for system of a down how the structure of the songs have multiple meanings. At face-value to sell to teeny-boppers, but a lot more going on underneath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo-JIFP6SBk

Toxicity is one of the all time best hard rock albums IMO.

One of my all time favourite bands. Have seen them 3 times in Australia and they remain my favourite live gig out of thousands. Melodically, instrumentally and lyrically they are genius.

How much did Serj's voice change on later albums, especially live performances? Kinda went from metal to orchestral rock..

i liked their first album when it came out and thought toxicity was good too, but i was a teenager, and as we all know teenagers have the worst fucking taste in music. these days i can't fucking stand them, along with 99% of all other nu-metal. and serj tankian is one of the most annoying vocalists ever.

I loved their first album. I guess I'm in the minority in saying I like Tankian's vocal style. Especially on the first album. I like the scream, sing, scream cadences.
As they've progressed, Malakian's sung more and more and, IMO, the bands gotten worse and worse for it. He's a awful singer. The Scars On Broadway album as example number 1.