View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ i've combined AM-2201, AM-2233, JWH-122, JWH-210, and UR-144 with MXE and they all went okay for me. if incense is your thing then you'll probably be fine.

almost forgot, but i have a new combo to add to the list here.... 50mg 4-FMA and 150mg Ethylone, then a few hours later took 50mg/150mg again plus 100mg of 6-APB... then a few more hours after that 100mg+ of MXE orally... with marijuana and synthetic cannabinoids smoked throughout... went without a hitch for me.

I like AM-x just fine, but IME it doesn't go that well. I don't really like combining cannabinoids with ketamine either. YMMV, eh?

ymmv always :)

dug up some of psood0nym's posts from the regular MXE threads, on combinin MXE+DXM+Ondansetron... these aren't in chronological order, but i wanted to compile them into the proper thread...

My new obsession is DXM/ondansetron/methoxetamine, which gives me a similar “random train stop” experience, but the destinations never have anything to do with my life or memories. They’re just totally phantasmagorical and play out on my ceiling with eyes open as if I'm watching a movie screen. In fact, it's kind of like how movies often portray tripping, the kind of thing we scoff at and say, "tripping is nothing like that!"

After finding out I wouldn’t need to go into work the next day I decided to continue with my MXE/DXM/ondansetron trials late last week. It was my second night in a row engaging with this novel psychedelic dissociative/5HT3 antagonist combo and was easily the most intensely visual drug experience of my life (and I’ve overdosed on 35 grams of mimosa hostilis root bark). The dose was 650 mg DXM powder, 16 mg ondansetron, and 100 mg MXE (all taken in a few separate doses over about 5 hours).

I was disturbed by how realistic the open eye visuals were this time. They were much more coherent and organized. It was like watching a movie screen on the ceiling, it was that physically present. At first I thought “oh fuck, this isn’t a drug experience it’s something ghostly being mediated by a drug,” but thankfully that consideration didn’t last. It started when I lied in bed and heard the whir of my air conditioner being remixed into an angelic chant looped over melodies similar to those from Tommy Boy off of the newish Panda Bear album. I was then transported to a dissociated rendition of something I understood to be like Christian heaven (though I’m not Christian). There I saw scenes of achingly blue sky breezing through leaves frosted with golden filigree, and other sublime wonders.

Then, I swear, I heard the ominous “game over” music from some Nintendo game played in the past, perhaps Donkey Kong. This preceded my decent into “Hell.” At this point I realized this was all probably happening because I’ve been reading Dante’s “Inferno,” wherein Dante is lead by Virgil through the descending circles of Hell, and in a latter book, to paradise. It was a relief to have some indication that what I was experiencing had earthly origins. After the sensation of flight ended I found myself in a dark room. A shadowy figure with bedraggled hair emerged from the darkness wearing a leathery mask and a yellow jacket covered in soot. It walked up to me, took a knife from its belt, and cut its own throat.

This made me nauseated. Nonplussed, and slightly annoyed that I had made it to this level of realism only to be presented with something demented and useless, I couldn’t think to say anything but, “What!?... Fuck off!”

I had to burst out laughing when the figure shrugged its shoulders, went back to the corner of the room it was in, and appeared to start eating out of the garbage.

At this point I started demanding to know what this was all about, and asking questions about what I was supposed to do with my life and other matters important to me. I had the impression I was being discussed, and then felt myself moving again (this is the same sensation people report feeling on ketamine when they’re “flying”). I was set down and the scene in front of my eyes dissipated into my bedroom. I figured “they” were done with me, but to make sure I attempted to re-enter a trance. Soon I started to feel a new trip narrative convalescing on the ceiling, but it was wholly detached from the heaven and hell scenario I was enthralled by just prior.

I started to feel what I’m guessing was motion sickness from being transported around so much. So I got up and went to the kitchen to make some soup. Amazingly, it was that easy. Though I was still very dissociated, the visions and sensations of movement ceased and I was allowed to eat my meal in relative peace. I found the degree of control afforded over such an intense experience astonishing.

I decided I wouldn’t try to enter a trance again that night, instead opting for liquor and OTC sleeping pills (the experience was just so unprecedented and intense that I thought I should end it if I was able to). It’s obvious that going into these vision states using this combo is getting easier, and that I’ll have no problem going back in the future. I’m not sure how useful it is, but it’s easily the most visually immersive and complete vision state I’ve ever been. It’s also the most ridiculous and absurd. I’m not quite sure what I’m fucking with here… It’s like taking a ride with pranksters from the underworld or something. I’ve actually told myself I must have dreamed some of these DXM/MXE/ondansetron trips multiple times throughout these three visionary experiences I’ve reported because this level of visual immersion and control is unprecedented in my 14 years of psychedelics use, but each time I return I’m reminded again that this shit is just that real.

*The next night I awoke from a very vivid dream laughing hysterically at how silly it was (it involved a video game where the South Park kids hold their teddy bear underwater as it struggles to reach the surface by repeatedly mashing buttons). When I blinked I saw the same purple webbing strung across my field of vision as during the DXM/ondansetron/MXE experience. I felt like I was still in a trance state despite having woken up, and this made me a bit nauseated. I couldn't stop laughing either, and felt a bit possessed. I got up to take a piss, and while standing in front of the toilet my vision became warpy and wavy for about four seconds. This is the first time I’ve experienced something like that sober, and I’m pretty sure it was an aftershock or a hiccup from the night before. I think during sleep my mind was trying to access the state sober or something. It was sort of disturbing, but I was able to shake it off over a few minutes. Everything’s been normal since. I plan to continue with the combo, but at a slower pace.

350 mg DXM orally with 12 mg ondansetron (a 5HT3a antagonist that also makes the DXM/DXO ratio higher) and 50 mg MXE rectally. I didn't have any problems with balance/emotion/cognition that weren't expected from the two combined (that is, the expected combined effects of each discounting any unknown synergistic effects). I would definitely keep the DXM dose in the first and second plateau range and the MXE dose well under 100 mg.

This time I used DXM in addition to MXE. I dosed 350 mg DXM powder with 16 mg of ondansetron (a selective 5HT3 antagonist that gives me incredible euphoric, lucid, and psychedelic effects I don't get using DXM alone). That dose was followed by two 150 mg redoses at 3 hrs and 4 hrs after the initial dose, respectively. At t+5.5 hrs I used 30 mg of MXE rectally and waited for the onset. Despite one report warning of the combo in this thread, I (for the second time) noticed no worrisome symptoms combining MXE and DXM at the dosage levels reported here (I was pretty foggy the next day, though).

I went to my bedroom and lied on the bed. Just as I did during the first experience linked to above, I turned over on my side, opened my right eye, and focused my attention to the right of my eye's central focal point. Soon visions began to appear (again, these aren't morphing geometric open-eye "visuals" in the sense I see them on something like LSD, they're more like scenes from a film of avant-garde impressionist animation). But this time was different. I found that I was able to open both eyes without dissolving the visual scene. I was also able to blink a number of times and even move my eyes from side to side without disturbing stability of the scenes. Excited, and knowing this trip would be a highly visual experience, I got out of bed to dose 30 mg more MXE, for a total of 650 mg DXM and 60 mg MXE (I probably also had a mild tolerance to MXE at the time).

When I returned to bed I didn't even bother trying the one-eye technique that had previously revealed this new species of open eye visuals to me. I simply stared at the ceiling. Soon, incredible visual effects unlike anything I've experienced before in nearly a decade and a half of psychedelic and dissociative use began. The ceiling changed color from purple to orange to maroon -- it was so vivid and seemingly "externally sourced" that it appeared more like a light show with an accompanying film than "visuals". These weren't rainbow auras like I've seen before, but rather it was if a tinted lamp was illuminating the ceiling with different hues of light.

The scenes that appeared completely occluded the features of the ceiling behind them -- paint bubbles, marks, and dents -- rather than lying over them like a morphing image on a transparency the way other open eye visuals appear to. Sometimes I saw rooms with writing on pillars or boney animal armors and shells, or microbiological architecture not unlike electron microscope imagery, and always there appeared phantasmagorical figures. One such "phantom" looked like a cross between a turgid worm and a billowing grey cloud. I wondered if it was an "entity" -- which I consider to be ego fragments of the subconscious rather than supernatural beings -- and tried to talk to it. I was hoping to learn something about myself by communicating with it. It morphed outward and shuffled down from the ceiling closer to me and "faced me," though it had no eyes or face for me to guess if facing me was its intent. I thought I should be frightened at something so realistic and unparalleled in my experience coming so close to me, but strangely I wasn't. "It" -- though I suppose it was not an "it" insofar as being an individual thing, but rather some extraordinarily vivid aggregate of loopy perceptual processes -- moved on after a brief time, and disappeared when the next scene assembled itself.

I went to my living room in disbelief, eager to test the durability of the visuals in a well-lit environment. I sat in my recliner and stared at the laptop screen propped open on top of a TV tray in front of me. No visuals appeared, though. Recalling that the clarity of the visuals during the first occasion I saw them a week ago seemed to require dark and undetailed surfaces to serve as "projection screens," I closed my eyes so that the lashes touched, leaving a thin open slit for me to peer out of. Doing this blurred my vision of the computer and the TV tray, reducing their detail to ambiguous shapes and blobs of color. This was what was needed. Soon the visuals began.

The white and blue light from the computer formed into a bouquet of brilliantly incandescent green crystals. How could so fantastic an elaboration of form and color derive from such a dissimilar origin? The edge of the TV tray then became the railing of a vast veranda at the boundary of some underworld palace. The scenes were not just composed of visuals, but were imbued with arcane meanings. I found, too, that the twistings and wavings of the tactile sense of my body I always experience on high dose dissociatives were integrated into the scenes' narratives in indescribable yet oddly intuitive ways. Each time the scenes coalesced from the pieces of my living room into some fantastic panorama or creature and then crumbled apart back into the humble fixtures they originated from. These transformations were intricate and stunning to behold. During the entire experience I noticed my right eye would become extremely unfocused for a few seconds at a time. These unfocused interludes often signaled the transition from one scene to another (I have no idea if this timing was meaningful or just a coincidental side effect).

I'm not sure if evoking these novel (to me) types of visuals are dose dependent, drug dependent (due to the addition of DXM and ondansetron), or if I'm getting better at perceiving them through practice. Again, I've never seen open eye visuals using MXE during the six months of use prior to this series of three trips, though I spent those trips in mostly well-lit environments or with my eyes closed, so it's too late now to know. I'm extremely excited to run more trials to explore this personally unprecedented phenomenon further, and can see this turning into a year long project the way my synthetic psilocin/ketamine combos did in the past.

One of the things that was so special about the MXE/DXM visuals reported above was their stability and duration. I maintained the level of visuals described for two or three hours, I'd estimate, even after a lot of the body high wore off. My intellect was enthralled most of that time, but in the future I'm hoping to do some more systematic investigation of what makes them appear and dissolve, change or stay the same, etc., with the help of an audio voice recorder as a memory aid. Again, the way I made them first appear (in a big undeniable way at least -- I had seen fleeting glimpses before) was to look at a dark undetailed surface with one eye open. Then I refocused my attention from the center of my vision where my eyes were pointed to the right periphery of my vision and just held it there for as long as I could (while keeping my eyes still of course). The first time I did it I made the effort half unthinkingly after I heard a voice say "Turn the eye within the eye," (described in post #535) so I have no idea if this technique is something that some part of me was subconsciously trying to tell myself and it only works this specific way for me (could be total coincidence, too, for all I know) or if it'll work exactly this way for others, too. I'm certain others must be able to see the same thing with MXE, I'm just not sure if it'll happen the same way. It's worth a shot, though. Again, I had never seen OEVs on MXE (only CEVs) prior to making the effort.

There have been numerous times during my combinations of MXE, DXM, and ondansetron (I have no health issues combining MXE and DXM) where I have seen a bright light. It almost seems to be shining out from the back of my eye balls. I'm always looking behind me expecting to see the glow of the computer monitor or my phone, or any luminous thing. I also have a lot of experience with "adjusting" my eyes to see new dissociative vistas. I do this by shifting my attentional focus to points outside my optical focus. Opening my eyes when they're extremely close to the surface of a pillow is another way I've found I can bring out MXE's unique open eye visuals. Granted, I'm not sure if you meant to allude to the status of the eyes when you say "eyes adjusted" or if you're just using a simple metaphor.

I've gone as high as 150 mg in two doses on top of 600 mg of DXM and 16 mg of ondansetron (IIRC). During those sessions I started to see things projected on the ceiling (and have ideas that I was part of, among other things, a narrative in an audiobook I had been listening to), but the mind state didn't seem very useful. I

once during a high dose DXM/MXE trip my internal monologue took the sound of the voice actor who read an audiobook I had been listening to in my car earlier in the day and I started to worry about the fate of the characters in earnest as if I was a part of the story -- thus literally losing "my plot" and substituting a fictional narrative from memory complete with alternate narrator

Since my last mini-report, I've used the methoxetamine/DXM/ondansetron combo twice, with both times seeing a resurgence of the phantasmagorical visuals reported earlier. I'm not sure if it's the combo of the drugs that's responsible for the degree of barefaced presence the visuals maintain or if it's just the fact that I'm that much more dissociated than I usually am when I use methoxetamine alone. Whatever the case, I still really wish I knew more about what I was looking at.

There are definitely themes to the visuals' presentation. The most prevalent is "hair" growing and covering a current scene and then receding to reveal yet another ghostly vista. The ceiling will also often billow downward like a great milky drop of viscous resin, and then grow canvased with some texture or other, like slow flowing river bottom reeds or undulating phalanxes of black squiggles. My best guess is that I'm looking at aggregations of middle tier perceptual processing. That is, the patterns are "higher order" than the organic geometries typical of 5HT psychedelics, but less life like and memory-dependent than the simulacra of dreams.

2C-T-2 and MXE, safe?

I am going to be getting some 2c-t-2 pretty soon hopefully, and I was wondering if it would be safe to combine with mxe? Don't the 2c-t's have maoi properties? Would it be safe to combine a maoi with mxe?

Termino has a successful experience combining these two - it's in the trip reports section. http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...MXE-80mg)-(DMT)-Semi-experienced-A-good-start

Although 4-thioalkyl analogues of the 2C-x series are said to have MAOI properties, there is little to say how strong these effects are in 2C-T-2. I have experienced lasting effects that could be attributed to mild MAOI properties, but they could also be just a great afterglow. I've used 2C-T-2 many times whilst I was taking SNRI drugs, and I didn't have anything like serotonin syndrome, or hypertensive crises. I think the jury is still out on it. This thread may be of interest:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/385484-2C-T-family-and-MAOI-properties

The main danger with MAOIs + stimulants is noradrenergic (hypertensive crises) or serotonin syndrome (from the serotonin releasers or reuptake inhibitors). Now, whether MXE has noradrenergic properties is not known because it hasn't had that kind of research done, but it is told amongst the advanced chemistry folk that it is dopaminergic, rather than serotonergic or noradrenergic.

My hunch is that 2C-T-2 is not anywhere near enough of an MAOI to pose a problem with an arylcyclohexylamine like MXE, but don't go on my hunch. If you are going to combine them, try it out like Termino did, with a mild dose of 2C-T-2 first.

What do you think makes the 2c-t-x, 7 in particular more dangerous then the main 2c-x class?

Prior to obtaining 2C-T-2, I did an extensive interwebs search for information regarding deaths and/or negative experiences with 2C-T-2. I found many reports of difficult trips & hospitalizations with 2C-T-7, and even a few deaths. In most cases MDMA was implicated as being ingested in the same session as the 2C-T-7. But aside from high dose disasters, I did not find reports that would seem to indicate significant MAOI activity with 2C-T-2. Most of the information I had researched was anecdotal rather than analytical, but then we're talking about real-life effects rather than potential effects.

In my research I took ~80 mg total (40mg x 2) of MXE approximately 4 1/2 hours after taking 13mg of 2C-T-2, and I experienced very nice effects. There was no discomfort or confusion whatsoever, and I had the MXE 'afterglow' thew following morning as per my usual MXE sessions.

Please note that the 13mg dose of 2C-T-2 was on the low side while the MXE was on the high side, and there was a 4 1/2 hour separation between ingestion of these substances. It's my suspicion that this combination of the proportion of the phen to the MXE, and the timeframe, had helped to mitigate any potential MAOI issues.

So, lolusername, I would posit that if you were to dose in a similar fashion, you would achieve similar results. I would be quite interested in hearing how things go.

I like AM-x just fine, but IME it doesn't go that well. I don't really like combining cannabinoids with ketamine either. YMMV, eh?

I'm agreed on this. Weed or synthetic cannabinoids on MXE just make it more confusing and actually often make it dysphoric for me - smoking on the afterglow is heavenly, but during the experience itself it's just a waste of nice drugs imo - I'd rather keep it to just MXE, or add a shot or two of whiskey or something :)

had something of a misadventure combining MXE with 4-AcO-DMT and Etizolam on NYE...

I had 1 mg Etizolam about halfway into the night, around the time of the second MXE/Acetylpsilocin redose. I use benzos very infrequently but I was feeling extremely depressed and anxious that night.
So, anyway, i was drinking the other two substances in juice... probably at about 70 mg each of MXE and 4-AcO-DMT at this point. The Etizolam had helped with the anxiety and I began having a really grand time with the trip and begin consuming the juice faster than I was before. So I begin measuring out third (possibly 4th?) dose of MXE/Acetylpsilocin to be put in more juice. This is where things take a turn for the manic-delusional:

Something happens with the floor: unusual patterning and a weird visual distortion like it is bulging upwards. This is when ancient Mayan spirits begin to communicate with me. The voices seem to be coming out of the floor and talking to me about the future of humanity. I also feel that I am somehow being shown what occupied the location of my house centuries before. I think this is really awesome and finish weighing out more drugs and head to the kitchen for more juice.

When I get to the kitchen things go Ambien-world on me out of nowhere. The fridge is not my fridge. It is a similar but different fridge. The whole kitchen looks "wrong." I become convinced the Mayans have shifted me into a slightly different dimension to show me that parallel universes exist. Also I am filled with the sense that something dark happened in that location long ago. Also at this point I feel I am being possessed by an ancient Mayan warrior king.

I start to panic. This feels way too much like an Ambien trip and I become convinced something beyond the drugs has happened to me...Have I broken the matrix? are people watching me? Have I had a psychotic break? I repeatedly open and close the fridge, and then the kitchen door. I'm convinced they are different than they should be.
I go huddle in a ball on a couch for an hour or two as I come down, then take two etizolam and promptly fall asleep.

So... has anyone else had anything like this happen?
Is it similar to something people experience on high MXE doses (I generally stop at 50 mg) ?
Is it possible it had something to do with the Etizolam ? The experience was pretty reminiscent of Ambien, and I know the two drugs have a similar MOA.

thanks

NOW you're talking. haha
This is the type of thing that happens to me.

Something completely out of this world..
MXE makes it seem like there is something much more big going on out there than we can even come close to imagining.

This guy feels like he is being shown things too, from his second and third paragraph in the quote.

I'm not the only one who had that strong feeling. Thank goodness.

This guy is saying things like me.

Yeah, MXE is quite a delusional drug in my experience. Easy to feel like Jesus on a mission to save the world.

...Wait. 8o

if everyone actually went on a mission to save the world how incredible would it be (assuming the world needs saving)

tried DXM+MXE last night. 100mg MXE + 200mg DXM, to start out (those are low doses of each compound for me). the trip was nice if mild and it did end up being more visual than either one alone has been in a long time, but DXM causes nausea for me that made the whole thing not quite worth it. powder DXM btw. my stomach was pretty empty (which helps with MXE absoprtion), but perhaps i should have made sure to have a bit in my belly (which helps with DXM nausea).

felt safe otherwise though... watch dosages ;)

Yeah had some experiences as mentioned above before, so intense and weird. woke up with such a good afterglow though

Yeah, MXE is quite a delusional drug in my experience. Easy to feel like Jesus on a mission to save the world.

...Wait. 8o

Ive been saying the same for ages!!!!!!!!!! I hope we are wrong, the amount of usage in this forum is alarming to say the least.

Its going to be very tempting to try this combo, but I'm still just a little bit spooked. I will start with low doses of both I suppose.

I would definitely slowly titrate up, as what works for one person could be very unpleasant for another, especially if you're stacking peaks (and consequently peak plasma levels). It does seem to be the case that if 2c-t-2 is a MAOi it is substantially less potent as such than 2c-t-7 but unfortunately there hasn't been any academic research to that end. Generally with combos i've always slowly stepped things up, and that process hasn't failed me yet :D

Yeah it seems people have gotten away with t-2 and MDMA successfully more than with t-7.

I actually had a wonderful line of MDMA towards the end of a t-7 trip and about halfway through a DOC trip. Thankfully it turned out okay, well it was beautiful but not something I would do again with the knowledge I have now.

Remember to start extra, extra small as not only do you have to worry about the MAOi effects, you have to worry about the MXE and T-2 potentiating each other, which could make it very hard to tell if you are in physical danger.

I've injected 10mg 2c-t-2 and 35mg MXE into my muscles. Had a grand time, except the nausea, will never shoot t-2 IM again, so nauseating.

My suggesstion, as always, is to not mix RCs as it involves an additional risk: you are taking two experimental chemicals with lack of history and knowledge base. It can lead into MANY unpredicted results, even the death, or worst, long term chronic diseases,

Always research responsibly! Otherwise anything may happen,

Peace,

Well it seems that its a sketchy combo, people here have pulled off the combo fine, but someone from another forum that I can't name because its a vendor forum said that the combo gave them some horrible side effects like "rapid heart rate, vomiting, muscle tension, and having to breathe manually."
He was only on around 20-25mg of each drug. Does this sound like maoi related issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.