• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

White Grapefruit Juice

reflekt

Bluelighter
Okay, first off...

I looked around where I live (Ontario, Canada) and could noootttt find White Grapefruit Juice. Just Red Ruby Grapefruit and Cranberry Grapefruit. UGH. BUT! I finally found one of them frozen make your own juice things that says 100% Grapefruit Juice. It doesn't directly say "White" but it appears to be? I will attach a photo of it to see what you all think. I pray it is White Grapefruit Juice!

And second... I know it potentiates Diazepam, which I have, but does it also potentiate Lorazepam? I plan on taking some of that tonight as well.

Thanks!

Attachments

• grapefruit.jpg
    grapefruit.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,097
Grapefruit juice is grapefruit juice man. Just drink it. All grapefruits have the magical chemicals in them that inhibit enzymes in your liver, it doesn't have to be white grapefruit juice.

Okay, first off...

I looked around where I live (Ontario, Canada) and could noootttt find White Grapefruit Juice. Just Red Ruby Grapefruit and Cranberry Grapefruit. UGH. BUT! I finally found one of them frozen make your own juice things that says 100% Grapefruit Juice. It doesn't directly say "White" but it appears to be? I will attach a photo of it to see what you all think. I pray it is White Grapefruit Juice!

And second... I know it potentiates Diazepam, which I have, but does it also potentiate Lorazepam? I plan on taking some of that tonight as well.

Thanks!

Dude, I know what you mean. I live close to Toronto and I've been searching every supermarket for white grapefruit juice.

I even called up OceanSpray to ask them why they don't sell their 100% White Grapefruit Juice in Canada but they do in the U.S.

I usually drink the Tropicana 100% ruby grapefruit juice (not from concentrate).

I can tell you that No Frills sells ready to serve white grapefruit juice from concentrate... Which is what I drink now.

Of all the studies I've read about grapefruit juice drug interactions, they all used grapefruit juice from concentrate and CYP3A4 was inhibited significantly. So I don't think it matters if you drink from concentrate or not from concentrate.

Also, I don't remember where I read it, but apparently the white grapefruit juice has more naringin than pink or ruby - which is why I've been searching everywhere for the white variety.

This doesn't work with a few benzos, lorazepam being one of them... These are metabolized by glucuronidation and thus do not interact with CYP3A4.

I plan on taking 500ml 30 mins before 30mg codeine and 10mg valium, to potentiate them. Then lorazepam after just to do as it does....

But is this grapefruit juice the right kind!

From what I've read the white is much better.

I also live in Ontario and had problems finding it as well until I found Oasis 100% pure... it's white, comes in 1 litre cardboard containers... I didn't find it with the other cold juices, it was with the juices in the aisles. I assume it's the right kind, and I have not tested it properly yet. It's also cheap. Check Giant Tiger/

This is what I buy at No Frills

SAM_0173.jpg

SAM_0161.jpg

I'm happy with it.

I'm gonna go check out Giant Tiger though.

From what I've read the white is much better.

I also live in Ontario and had problems finding it as well until I found Oasis 100% pure... it's white, comes in 1 litre cardboard containers... I didn't find it with the other cold juices, it was with the juices in the aisles. I assume it's the right kind, and I have not tested it properly yet. It's also cheap. Check Giant Tiger/

Will do, thanks for the tip.

ro4eva, and you've found that to work for you?

Will do, thanks for the tip.

ro4eva, and you've found that to work for you?

Yes I have. Much more so than the ruby crap I always used to buy.

Either that or I'm experiencing a serious placebo effect.

Can't find any here that I've seen that specifically say "white" grapefruit. Just the stupid Ruby Red and Cranberry.

The closest thing is as I posted and ro4eva as well where it just says Grapefruit Juice from concentrate. It's the same colour as the "white grapefruit juice" that comes up when I do a google image search.

Is it not the same? If not then my search will continue.

I don't know how much help this will be but I've drank lots and lots of ruby grapefruit juice from concentrate with the same ingredients as the juice I've pictured above (water and grapefruit juice from concentrate) and they taste noticeably different.

Again, not sure if that means diddly squat.

This is what they sell across the border (and also what I'm going to stock up on when I go to visit my brother in Michigan).

resize.jpg

^^ I'd like to see the confused look on the border control agents face...
"Son, Is there a reason your truck is filled with 200 bottles of grapefruit juice?"

Grapefruit juice WILL NOT potentiate lorazepam. Lorazepam is in a family of benzos called the 3-hydroxy benzos, which include temazepam, oxazepam, lormetazepam, cinolazepam, and flutemazepam.

These benzos will NOT be potentiated by grapefruit juice at all.

Sorry!