• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

White Grapefruit Juice

For people who have questions about which drugs it potentiates... here is a great chart and it potentiates any of the 3A4 substrates. (its huge)

NSFW:
cyp450yd7.gif

For further reading, the active constituent of GFJ is Bergamottin.

Reg makes a good point also as many don't find substantial benefit to this form of potentiation. It is more beneficial in extending the effects rather than making them stronger.

^ That's not a list of the drugs GFJ potentiates. That's just the list of the inhibitors (drugs which potentiate benzos and opiates), substrates (the enzymes that metabolize the drugs), and the inducers (the drugs that lower the level of the drug in your body).

Grapefruit juice WILL NOT potentiate lorazepam. Lorazepam is in a family of benzos called the 3-hydroxy benzos, which include temazepam, oxazepam, lormetazepam, cinolazepam, and flutemazepam.

These benzos will NOT be potentiated by grapefruit juice at all.

Sorry!

Right you are, because these benzos are not metabolized by enzyme modification but rather conjugation.

^ Yup, which sucks because temazepam happens to be my favorite benzo of all.

Nimetazepam is also metabolized by conjugation like the 3-hydroxy benzos, but it's metabolites (one of them being nitrazepam) are then metabolized via oxidation.

For people who have questions about which drugs it potentiates... here is a great chart and it potentiates any of the 3A4 substrates. (its huge)

NSFW:
cyp450yd7.gif

For further reading, the active constituent of GFJ is Bergamottin.

Reg makes a good point also as many don't find substantial benefit to this form of potentiation. It is more beneficial in extending the effects rather than making them stronger.

Naringin as well as Bergamottin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naringin

Well its nice to see they have white grapefruit juice. I've searched every gas station i can think of here in florida and all i find is ruby red. ugh this is pissing me off

Hey guys does White Grapefruit juice help meds to dissolve faster or just absorption?

I am asking because I know nothing of chemistry and I was wondering if it helps them to dissolve faster, if it would also make them pass through your system faster and make you crash sooner. I hope it's just the absorption!!!!

Its actually neither.lol
White grapefruit juice potentiates (makes stronger in effect) certain drugs like opiate/oids by inhibiting an enzyme that metabolizes and helps break down the drug in your liver.
WGJ can double or triple (maybe more it depends on your personal physiology) the effectiveness of these meds and drugs.
Be aware though that BAD side effects like respiratory depression are increased along with the wanted effects.
So, its only something those with a large tolerance should be trying.

Well its nice to see they have white grapefruit juice. I've searched every gas station i can think of here in florida and all i find is ruby red. ugh this is pissing me off

You know the picture of the Ocean Spray 100% White Grapefruit Juice I posted in post #16?

Well, if all else fails (you can't find it in a Wal-mart down there, etc.), you can order it online from here - http://buy.oceanspray.com/Products/...Ocean-Spray-100--White-Grapefruit-Juice-60-oz

Ironically, it says "Florida grown" if you zoom in on the picture. So you'd think that of all the states, FL would be one of the easiest to find white grapefruit for sale in.

Last edited: