European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Fishing thread

GabbaMess

Greenlighter
Well to start off I love fishing. Used to go loads as a kid and stopped. Now in my mid 20's I've taken it up again. I find it a great way to save money on the weekends (once you've bought all your tackle).

I love sitting by a lake chilling, possibly with a J on the go. Would much rather be at a lake for the day on a saturday/sunday than be sat feeling sorry for myself whilst coming down or hungover being boxed up indoors.

I'm a carp fisherman myself but would love to hear from other bluelighters into angling of all sorts, e.g what are you fishing for, methods, baits etc.

Don't really know much about it. But like you I used to go most weekends with my Grandad when I was a wee kid fishing for trout. Used to love it it !

Used to be bang on it, going with my uncle most weekends. Then i discovered drink and drugs and knocked it on the head for a while. Now i'm "hooked" again, can't get enough of it.

I would highly recommend it to anyone who is trying to avoid drink and drugs over the weekend (except the odd spliff). Catching a decent fish gives me a proper buzz!

I'm also a carper, usually without many carp though! Looking to mix it up a bit this season though. Few early morning tench sessions, chasing barbel on the river etc. Modern day carp fishing is becoming an increasingly saturated market.

I don't know anything about fishing, but the 12 different types of fishing magazines in the local news agent amuses me when I get the local paper. I do hope to give it a go one day, think I had a rod somewhere...

Carry on :)

I used to be into carp fishing when I was younger - no easy feat up North!

I've still got all the gear, but intend to dabble a lot more with small river fishing this year with a mate. Lots of stalking Chub, Barbel and Trout. Before the rivers open we'll hit a small commercial Carp match lake to get back in practice.

I used to be into carp fishing when I was younger - no easy feat up North!

I've still got all the gear, but intend to dabble a lot more with small river fishing this year with a mate. Lots of stalking Chub, Barbel and Trout. Before the rivers open we'll hit a small commercial Carp match lake to get back in practice.

Would love to try carpon the fly. Anyone know of any carp fisheries in scotland that cater for fly anglers.

Yasss a fishing thread. My 2nd hobby other than chemicals. Mostly fly fish for trout on the vast scottish lochs. This year i am off here for a week.
http://www.beauxsuncharters.com/Chalet/Autumn.html

I've been to Loch Awe. Stumbled upon Kilchurn Castle completely by accident/magic while tripping. Had the whole place to ourselves (it was February).

One of the finest places in Britain.

I think and EADD fishing trip gathering is in order =D ! Beers, spliffs and cooking the fish on an open campfire, woop !

I love fishing. Been fishing since I was a kid. Think I'm the only girl I know that loves fishing. If there's a trip on the cards I'm totally there!

Used to go carp fishing all the time, not caught many big ones but fun all the same,. Took my friend once for his first time, was doing a lot of k as well, his first time with that too, he caught a fish while fucked and had no idea what to do! He was proper shitting himself! I had to step in and land it for him, was so funny!

I fish in saltwater.

Beaches, rocks, cliffs, off boats, out on wrecks, sandbanks....

Love catchin cod, bass, pollack, gurnard, whiting, plaice, ling, loads of em, tasty fuckers.

Love it.

I fish in saltwater.

Beaches, rocks, cliffs, off boats, out on wrecks, sandbanks....

Love catchin cod, bass, pollack, gurnard, whiting, plaice, ling, loads of em, tasty fuckers.

Love it.

That does sound tasty mate, I love me a good bit of fish!

Fishing is brilliant ! Been going fishing since I was about 7 years old and still go now. Unfortunately the frequency of my fishing trips have been limited over the past few years due to other commitments; girlfriend, work, too many weekends spent sparkled.

Favourite Scottish lochs-

Loch Awe- Mentioned earlier in this thread. What a place, it is truly breathtaking scenery and has good fishing also. Ive caught Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout and Pike there.

Loch Earn- Another favourite Scottish Loch of mine. On one occasion I went fishing and caught 50 Rainbow Trout there, lol. That sounds like right bullshit, but they have commercial trout farming on the loch and the cages the fish are held in had broken in a storm the week before. Its a shame that because the escapees cause a fair amount of environmental damage. But a great day out !

Loch Eck- Or as I like to call it 'Loch Ecky'. Fishing here is piss, but for some reason its the most beautiful for me. Really eerie feel to the place when the sun is setting and great for tripping.

Loch Fyne- If you like seafood you have to visit the oyster bar it really is amazing. Was on a fishing trip here last year and caught a few sea trout and mackerel which were cooked freshly on the fire that night.

I remember getting some strange reactions when I was younger and you would tell folk that you go fishing. Especially when you met a bird and told her you had been fly fishing earlier that day, lol. Not that I ever gave a fuck what they thought. =D

up to 2 years ago i was fishing most wends.

coarse fishing on the canals of KILDARE/MEATH and the lakes in CAVAN.
roach-perch-bream-tench-hybrids.

this year im going to get back doing a bit more i hope.

What's everyones' best catch? I've caught a 21 pound carp and 17 pound pike. My real forte is commercial carp lakes though, I grew up next to one and learned a few golden tips.