Crookers

ChemicalSmiles

Ex-Bluelighter
These 2 crazy italians imo have changed the face of electro... and at the same time have managed to incorporate the hottest dubstep, deep house, rap/hip hop, and old skool italian pop music. They always switch it up and seem to have developed different styles for festival and club settings. They feed off the crowds energy and you never hear the same set with these guys (I have about 10 mixes and all of them are completely different) You can tell I love these guys by my avatar and will get my first chance to see them @ ultra this march. Discuss and appreciate these fuckers! Viva la Crookers. We love animals. <3

I find electro annoying so I can't say anything smart about the topic, but I give them credit for good DJing skills.

good DJing skills? If anything that's where they lack. They're good at producing, but as DJs they're not that amazing. Ive seen them three times now and I can honestly say, two out of those three times just werent great.

oh my gosh, those boys!

i highly suggest trippin for one of their shows.

ive seen them twice and each time was insane

Thizzer, not pointing my finger at you, but do you feel about crookers as you do about steve aoki, because of there intermint relationship?

Crookers I feel have done alot. With the likes of MSTRKRFT and others, they have created a new kind of hard easy for non-EDM people to get into, whilst avoiding cheese somewhat.

I feel its electro-punk, and I love it!

Oh no no, my feelings about Crookers DJing skills have nothing to do with my feelings of Aoki.
My feelings about Crookers stem from what ive seen seeing them live and with the recorded sets I own. I just dont think their actual mixing skills are all that amazing. That said though, they can produce a mighty fine choone!

I agree that they may not be the best DJs in the world... but mighty fine producers, and extremely varied setlist....... I haven't seen a show yet, but I keep their mixes on repeat a lot of the time.

And even though Crookers might not be the best DJs in the world but I think its unfair to put Steve Aoki in the same category...

Saw them with the Bloody Beetroots last April.
I feel about Crookers as I do about the Beetroots - some of their stuff is good, other stuff gives me one giant headache.

"Sveglia" I love though.

I knew this thread was going to get some people in here that totally disagree with me but that's what this forum is about, discussion of music without fear of what others think, or who they like or dislike...

All I know is that when I travel to Miami for Ultra if I am even half as dissapointed as I was when I saw Mstrkrft.... I will go on a Crookers strike most likely ... ;) When I saw Mstrkrft I actually wished they would let the opening DJs come back on stage and throw down again... the 11 dollar drinks, and shitty set led me to catch an early as well as expensive cab ride to my friends house for a late night joint and drink... Which was more enjoyable than the 50 minutes of the Mstrkrft set I saw.... Thankfully, I won tickets to that show so was only out the cost of expensive drinks and the cab ride... There is some reliable rumors going around that Mstrkrft will be at Ultra this year, and I will give them 20 minutes if they are there... if I am not impressed I will wander to one of the other 11 stages.... ps; queenbee I will be seeing the Beetroots for the first time this month @ Ultra and its supposed to be their first US live show ever, so im excited to see what they bring to the table.

One thing that I have taken note of... is when Crookers produce a track it seems like everyone and there mama remixes it.... Which draws more attention to the genre which I am happy about.... I agree that there are a few annoying productions but 70 percent of there stuff is on point and extremely dance-a-ble. I really didn't even think about the production side of things when I made this thread; which Crookers are probably most well known for... but I appreciate there unique set-lists and style of mixing a lot. I'm a HUGE fucking Crookers fan and have been eating up everything they do for the last 2 years. I compare my love for Crookers to thizzers love for Bassnectar.

I see where thizz is coming as far as there mixing skills. I watched 1 set on [email protected] and was shocked to see how little they were doing, and the lackluster effort they were putting forth, but honestly that's the only time I have seen or heard a performance like that from them...

There's no way that Ultra is their first US performance because I saw them a year ago....

Great post Chem, I agree on like 97% of the things you said. Just gotta point it out though, Crookers are not pioneers in electro-fidget. That said, they've definitely put it on the map, more so than it already was.

I just dont feel like when it comes to live mixing they put in as much effort as I feel like they could. For not using computers most of the time they mix though, it isnt half bad, its just not that amazing.

No, I don't think that's what he meant.

No, you misread his post. He's saying it's their first live set in the US, which I believe it is.

btw, love the Damien Dancing video. Havent seen that since I was brought on the EMD mod squad hahaha

Now lets get back on topic, shall we?

Last edited:
lol crap. I have some more I should upload but I'm lazy.

Crookers played HARD: NYC last october or so.

I like crookers production.
A lot of my friends like we like animals and yes it is a gigantic colaboration i just dont feel it the way a lot of people are.

But yes def nasty production work.

I must admit, im very dissapointed with this album. Im not going to be buying it :\
I hate the direction they're going in, really.

Bot needs to take charge again. His influence on the Tech-electro side of Crookers has been great. Phra's new "dub" vibe to the group has made it very cheesy IMO.

Although if Phra and Flylo teamed up I could see the outcome being very very nice!