EBM and Other alternative electronica

Tenchi

Bluelighter
I've scoured the search for a thread like this and haven't found anything to match up with it so I've decided to start a new thread for this.

I'm gonna put out some feelers right now and ask just how many posters in here are aware of EBM and other similar Genres and their opinions of such.

Win! I'm a huge fan of acts like Neuroticfish, Assemblage 23, Colony 5, Code 64, Pride and Fall, insekt, Edge of Dawn and the likes. Feel free to post any youtube videos in here too, :)

Stick things like Futurepop, aggrotech and other similar sub-genres in here too.

Good stuff, there are a couple you listed I havent heard of that I will check out. Im not really familiar with the subgenres. Lets see, I listen to VNV Nation, Angels & Agony, Covenant, Headscan, Rotersand, Funker Vogt, & Apoptygma. I know some of these are more on the industrial side but definitely more melodic with good vocals than most industrial that has come out these days.

I can't micro-genre very competently, but I enjoy myself a great deal of dance-industrial/post-industrial. I'm particularly partial to nineties-period Skinny Puppy and related projects.

Skinny Puppy has always been high on my list of acts to see, but in the past couple of weeks I've managed to see a few of the acts I've always wanted to see:

Ayria
The Cruxshadows
Grendel
Uberbyte
System-FX

13941_360269830334_747735334_10095266_3963122_n.jpg

Me and Jen Parkin from Ayria

15544_201431821388_701641388_3599584_7939197_n.jpg

Me, a bunch of mates and members of Grendel and Uberbyte

Very cool! I dig Grendel. I live in southern Louisiana so getting anything EBM/industrial is very rare. I take every chance I get to see any bands related to the genre in New Orleans which is still a 2 hour drive for me. I saw The Cruxshadows almost a decade ago when they opened for Xymox. They were great back then, I need to check them out now. One of the funnest shows Ive been to was VNV Nation a couple years ago, those guys really know how to get the crowd fired up. Good times.

I've missed out on a few chances to see VNV and it annoys me, because I REALLY want to see them.

mmm...I have this weird, frozen image of industrial music from about a decade ago (I decided that 'the scene' had stagnated, so I veered into IDM, breakcore, and the like). Now that I'm a bit more open minded, and not synth-pop phobic, I should check out some of these outfits.

ebola

Assemblage 23 are pretty cool, nice emotional music. This is what mainstream pop should like. Not Solja-boy and the other assortment of shit that people eat up.