• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Mescaline Extraction thread

isopropyl alcohol extraction of mescaline from cactus powder- tips and experiences

all handy info you have on this is welcome:)

i am looking to do an isopropyl alcohol extraction of san pedro powder. any hints, tips or simply details of process that you know worked through first hand experience are what i am looking for:

my plan was to soak the powder in isopropyl then filter the liquid through a peice of cloth, evaporate the alcohol ( i have a month or two to do this), then put the resulting powder/solid through an acetone wash. what proportions of solvents needed for say 300gms of san pedroe powder?

what do you think guys???=D all help welcome

I'm not sure about weight but I usually just put it in a jar with the alcohol level going an inch or so above the material. I do 3 pulls with it.

It should only take you a day (if that) to evaporate the alcohol. I also wouldn't bother with the acetone wash.

I'm merging this with our B&D Mescaline Extraction thread.

Best Peruvian Torch Preparation

I have obtained 60g of Dried Peruvian Torch pieces and would be much appreciated if someone could enlighten me in the best preparation method to get the most out of my goods :) I dont have any of the equipment or supplies to do an extraction so thats not happening it would have to be a boil type method... Thanks!

there's only one boil type method. you boil it in water. ;P

LIGHTLY, might i add. for at least 4 hours.

still, i'd recommend looking into 69 Rons D-Limonene tek. It doesn't require any crazy supplies or chemicals, and it's extremely easy.

also search for the 'big and dandy mescaline extraction thread'.

So would I be right in doing it like this:

1.Crush/Grind Peruvian Pieces to a powder
2.Pour powder into a saucepan and fill with about 3/4 litre of water on LOW boil
3.Add lemon juice to help PH levels
4.After around 4 hours when liquid is down to drinkable amount, let cool and drink all at once.

Or should I strain off and replace water, strain off, replace and then mix all the boils into one then reduce that to a drinkable amount? also is the lemon juice greatly required, or it doesnt make much difference

if you're going to be putting cactus matter in water, DO NOT grind it into a fine powder, it will turn into an inseparable goo. it's find just cutting it up into large chunks. they can even be very large chunks. i've heard of people freezing and thawing the cacti to break up cell walls for as well. I've never done it myself.

imo lemon juice just makes it taste even worse, but probably helps with extraction.

what i do it just keep it lightly boiling, adding water as needed for about 5-6 hours. then when i'm finally ready to consume it, I boil it all down to about a cups worth of water, strain(and squeeze the hell out of it!), consume.

boiling it all over again and mixing both results after straining couldn't hurt, but isn't necessary and will take a bit more time.

Nice one! I will report on how it goes when I get round to doing it :)

Reckon 60g will be a nice dose?

FWIW, extraction techniques rarely require much equipment - many of them require nothing more than a shallow container of some sort to leave the material in solvent and a blade of some sort to scrape off the resulting material after the extraction. That's how I extracted resin tar from t. peruvianus back when I experimented with it.

That said, if you're willing to spend the time before each individual trip to prepare the tea, that's probably less unpleasant than any of the methods I ended up using.

FWIW, extraction techniques rarely require much equipment - many of them require nothing more than a shallow container of some sort to leave the material in solvent and a blade of some sort to scrape off the resulting material after the extraction. That's how I extracted resin tar from t. peruvianus back when I experimented with it.

That said, if you're willing to spend the time before each individual trip to prepare the tea, that's probably less unpleasant than any of the methods I ended up using.

What methods did you use?

How bad would the negative effects be if I were to simply chop my dried San Pedro into teensy weensy chunks & mix em up with honey & eat say 60 grams over a period of a couple of hours ?

It would probably taste pretty nasty regardless of the honey. 60g is a lot of nasty tasting powder and it would take a ton of honey to mix it up in. You would also get some pretty bad nausea I would think.

I took a lot less than 60g in capsules once and it all came back up. Nastiest tasting barf I ever tasted :\

^Same here. Not only was it the grossest thing I ever tasted, it also came out with a force I've never seen vomit being expelled. Shit went half way across my room. xp

i dunno how some people keep cactus power down.

^^ So I'm guessing eating cactus isn't an option for people worried about nausea. How much better is making a tea compared to eating it in terms of nausea?

I'm thinking the only way to do it may be to do an extraction.

How technical is the extraction? What's the easiest extraction worth doing? I have never extracted anything before.

^def not. even with the tea it's really hard for me to keep it down, just trust yourself. once you get that "if i take another sip ima blow" feeling just stop. better to absorb all of what you consumed than too try and get too much and waste it.

http://wiki.dmt-nexus.com/69ron's_D-Limonene_Mescaline_Extraction

its not technical at all. you mix some stuff, let it soak, strain, and evaporate. the high is different from the tea, however, as there are many other active alkaloids in the cactus that extractions don't pick up. it feels cleaner, imo.

Question about mescaline extraction:
I don't like using xylene, and don't know where to get d-limonene. I have access to pharm grade diethylether, and was wondering how soluble mescaline is in ether? Would it work as a substitute for xylene? Diethylether is nowhere as toxic as xylene and evaporates fairly easy and I don't mind huffing the fumes :-D
Only thing you need to make sure with ether is not to have a fire source anywhere around.

Idk, but I'd like to find out. There's little info on ether as a solvent in basement-chemistry, as it's expensive, and too difficult for many to distill from commercial sources.

I expect it is soluble in ether though. Why not give it a go with a small amount of cactus (5-10g) and report your results?

I guess trial is the only way for me to find out, unless some very knowledgable organic chemist comes along. I will report my results when done! Ethylacetate might be another not-so-toxic option. I will look into that.