Audiophiles, show me your cans! (headphones that is)

soma-tose

Bluelighter
people who know know that music is a much different experience when heard through headphones. i prefer it sometimes more than i do car audio (but thats a whoooole other world).

my babies...

so lets see em. what you rockin?

Ive got Sony MDR-V700DJ
mdrv700.jpg

are sennheisers really worth the price? (that's a serious question, btw)

in my opinion, yes. the highs they produce are like nothing ive heard. bass is good and crisp, and they sound ungodly when ran through a nice sound card.

Last edited:
awesome! i'll remember that for when i'm more ballin. :D

seriously though, i was showing a co-worker, today, the sennheiser website because he's got some shure earbuds that he got for free at a "latest and greatest" meeting for work. he's never heard of sennheisers before, but is starting to get more into the audiophile world. he's a collector of vinyl and is always looking for the best equipment for his listening pleasure.

as far as headphones go though, i had to tell him that noise cancellation cans (in my opinion) are worth a few extra dollars if you know what you're looking for.

goldring dr150

Goldring_DR150_1000pxh.jpg

it's been good to me but i feel the need to upgrade sometime soon...

Sony MDR-V600:

245014.jpg

I've had these puppies for more than a few years. They are showing their age but still have an excellent sound quality.

in my opinion, yes. the highs they produce are like nothing ive heard. bass is good and crisp, and they sound ungodly when ran through a nice sound cound.

sennheiser-hd202-headphones.jpeg

Got these and they are very nice. They've lasted well and do give a nice sound.
I don't even think they're in the "top range" of Sennheiser headphones either :)

p4306087n2.jpg

close-up of mine:

2760550037_24ee95435e.jpg

I'd like to get yellow foams, so they would look like thease (or better):

MS1_mod.jpg

btw, i'm going to buy some other with electronic suited, fat bass ;]

My babies: Sennheiser HD-25II

They beat my home theater system in terms of sound quality. Quarter of the price.

HD_25-1.jpg

has anyone else seen the new sony MDR XB headphones? they are some weird looking cans imo but i haven't actually heard the sound quality:

3266964124_7b9a7b61af.jpg

The dramatically styled new XB series bass headphones create a heavy club vibe with rich, powerful bass you can really feel. Standing for “eXtra Bass”, the new XB range accurately reproduces ultra-low frequencies without compromising crystal-clear midrange vocals and high frequency sounds.

For further information see: www.sony.co.uk/hub/headphones

I've had my AKG K701s for a bit over 2 years now and they're still good as new.
ind7di.jpg

My setup is Chaintech AV-710->Littledot II++ Tube Preamp->Headsave Classic SS Amp (simple and neutral amp).

The concept behind those Xtrabass things is somewhat worrying- should our ears have such low frequency waves goind directly into them? Still, cool :)

Sennheiser HD 650
hd650.jpg

This is the setup: foobar2000 (WASAPI bit-perfect) - Cambridge Audio Dacmagic - Littledot MK IV SE tubeamp - Sennheiser HD650

2cntbtz.jpg

Main cans: Panasonic noise canceling RP-HC500

In ear: Klipsch Custom 3 (these fuckers cost more than the Zen and the Pansonics!)

Players: Cowon U2, Samsung YP-U1, Creative Zen 16GB

2m4dhjl.jpg

My new Cowon iaudio 7 16GB (the baddest of them all) and JAYS s-Jays.

The Klipsch really sound better than anything I've ever heard by a mile. For such a small unit, they deliver clean bass that I can feel in my chest. Dual drivers + an independent bass reflex system really shine.

Last edited:
I just ordered these Audio Technica ATH-ES7. Should be here in a couple days. :)

productimg1207922941761.jpg

i have these:

5344819A64UC185401M.jpg

sony mdr-v150. they were only $10 and they sound great.

alasdair