• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-MET Thread

Finally someones stocking this! I've tried 4-ho-met, 4-aco-dmt, and shrooms so I'm super excited to see the difference. Should be taking it in around two weeks, and I far, far prefer 4-aco-dmt over 4-ho/po-dmt(Shrooms) and I expect to like 4-aco-met even more than 4-ho-met. I dosed 33mg 4-aco-dmt, 20mg 4-ho-met, and 3.5g of shrooms typically. I'm thinking 25-30mg for my first time, haven't tripped on a phen or trpy for a month, and it'll be more by then. I'm so excited.

Finally someones stocking this! I've tried 4-ho-met, 4-aco-dmt, and shrooms so I'm super excited to see the difference. Should be taking it in around two weeks, and I far, far prefer 4-aco-dmt over 4-ho/po-dmt(Shrooms) and I expect to like 4-aco-met even more than 4-ho-met. I dosed 33mg 4-aco-dmt, 20mg 4-ho-met, and 3.5g of shrooms typically. I'm thinking 25-30mg for my first time, haven't tripped on a phen or trpy for a month, and it'll be more by then. I'm so excited.

So any news on this? :)

I´m very curious to hear about the differences between 4-ho-met and 4-aco-met, anybody got any experiences with both?

I mean how different are they. Any oint in getting 4-aco-met, when I already have 4-ho-met.

Extrapolating from subjective comparison of several 4-substituted AcO/OH tryptamines I would venture to assume that 4-aco-met is less potent than 4-ho-met.
This has been my experience comparing the AcO/OH substitution pattern.

Last edited:
That was my experience as well. Only have had the chance to take 4-AcO-MET a couple of times, and it didn't get terribly interesting until +25mg. 4-HO-MET i found quite interesting even under 20mg, though more than that was fun as well :D I also have substantially more experience with 4-HO-MET, so don't take my word as the absolute truth.

Another thing i've noticed is that, for me at least, the AcO tryptamines tend to be less stimulating than their free phenol counterparts. This was most apparent when i compared 4-HO-MiPT with 4-AcO-MiPT. Less noticeable with the METs, but still discernible, IMO.

Well, for me 4-ho-met isn´t stimulating at all.

Sounds like there is no real difference between the 2 really.

perhaps stimulating is the wrong word... I didn't find 4-HO-MET stimulating in the amphetamine/caffeine sense, but i would be unable to go to sleep on it or for a couple hours after, same goes for 4-HO-MiPT. However, i've fallen asleep at or near the peak of a 4-AcO-MiPT trip, & during the comedown of a 4-AcO-MET experience.

I got to try this one out recently at 15mg, and had a pretty amazing experience. First time I've ever cried tears of joy on any drug. It was a lot more intense than I was expecting but definitely in a good way.

For those who are curious about it's comparison to 4-ho-met: I've never tried it but it seems like it's pretty similar. Very euphoric and colorful. I've heard about 4-ho-met being a gentle and easy to handle experience though, and I wouldn't say 4-aco-met was gentle. It was very good to me but I could see it being overwhelming to a beginner.

edit: 15mg of 4-aco-met felt more intense than 30mg of 4-aco-dmt. I was very surprised at my strong +++ just from 15mg.

Last edited:
How can be compared 4-aco-met with their ho counterpart? and with 4-aco-mipt and 4-aco-dmt?

I would venture a guess that at higher doses 4-aco-met differs from 4-ho-met more significantly a la 4-aco-dmt vs. 4-ho-dmt but I couldn't say not having done them.

I would venture a guess that at higher doses 4-aco-met differs from 4-ho-met more significantly a la 4-aco-dmt vs. 4-ho-dmt but I couldn't say not having done them.

Interesting. Could you elaborate? I've found a convergence in effects of 4-ho-DMT and 4-aco-DMT, as in, they are strikingly similar, in higher doses.

In low doses I think it would be easier for me to tell them apart. Although I wouldn't bet money on it ;)

Interesting. Could you elaborate? I've found a convergence in effects of 4-ho-DMT and 4-aco-DMT, as in, they are strikingly similar, in higher doses.

In low doses I think it would be easier for me to tell them apart. Although I wouldn't bet money on it ;)

Ah, well for me 4-aco-dmt has somewhat of its own quality at higher doses - it's "more DMT like" to quote others (visionary, maybe? It's hard to describe). It's all so subjective though, haha.

From what I've read, here are the main differences:

4-AcO-MET: Gentler comeup, requires a slightly higher dose, longer lasting

4-HO-MET: Rougher comeup, more stimulating, more potent

Recently tried 4-HO-MET and definitely didn't find it "gentle" or any of the other words people use that could be interpreted as "weak". It's a powerful psychedelic that lasts waaaay longer than 4-AcO-DMT.

I did some. It was pretty fun.
As my first psychedelic, I couldn't really compare it to anything, but the visuals were really vivid and clear and just amazing. More emphasis on the CEVs rather than the OEVs, rainbows and shit.
The body load became really stimulating and uncomfortable at some points though, but that passed.
Overall, I would recommend it.

My new favorite tryptamine, i knew it in 5 seconds.

Now normally other people don't get what i'm saying (you reading this nanobrain, nano, knowhatamines) , but, to my total and "shocking" surprise, 4-ho-MET keeps the DMT MAGIC... but, the cololrs are so much more pretty... it felt most like DMT to me, it even had the fluidity, entities flying off walls and peaking out of the corners and stuff like that. I read that you often see the 'ancient foreigh language' on it too, only seen it once on DMT i think.

So a methyl and an ethyl retains the "DMTness", but 4-ho-MiPT does not. Weird.. maybe its just too big? Probably nobody knows what i'm talking about, but its that natural, spiritual, "earthy" hyperdimentional opening higher consciousness thing and a pleasant earthy body feeling, not that stuff like 4-ho-dipt doesn't feel good it does but there's no DMTness about it. I think ho-met is better than psilocin. If cheap MET could be had, to put in mushroom substrate, might be able to make legal shrooms.. that are more colorful and it seemed even more DMT like than psilocin/4-aco-dmt. Or maybe it was the right day right time but i doubt it, i want a gram as soon as i find where to obtain one. I'd trade all my 4-aco-dmt for 4-ho-met it was that good for me. And i'm the one who brought the world 4-aco-dmt (didnt invent it i just got the first synthesis made, i assumed wrong that any other thing on there but a -dmt could be like DMT.)

Well that sounds nice yoyoman, and what dosage did you use with the 4-AcO-MET?

I got to try this one out recently at 15mg, and had a pretty amazing experience. First time I've ever cried tears of joy on any drug. It was a lot more intense than I was expecting but definitely in a good way.

For those who are curious about it's comparison to 4-ho-met: I've never tried it but it seems like it's pretty similar. Very euphoric and colorful. I've heard about 4-ho-met being a gentle and easy to handle experience though, and I wouldn't say 4-aco-met was gentle. It was very good to me but I could see it being overwhelming to a beginner.

edit: 15mg of 4-aco-met felt more intense than 30mg of 4-aco-dmt. I was very surprised at my strong +++ just from 15mg.

When you say it felt more intense than 4-AcO-DMT - in what ways? Was the mindfuck stronger? More visual? More intense euphoria? I find a lot of peoples definitions of intensity vary dramatically, so I'm quite curious.

I'm definitely looking towards trying this. I prefer 4-AcO-DMT to 4-HO-DMT, and since I've become interested in peoples reports regarding 4-HO-MET recently, I figure 4-AcO-MET might be preferable for me.

More intense in the sense of how disconnected I was from reality, so yeah mindfuck basically. I did not find the intensity of visuals to be stronger though. Also, for me, I think euphoria can be reached more easily on 4-aco-met than 4-aco-dmt. The latter certainly has a warm and happy push to it, but 4-aco-met seems to facilitate mind blowing euphoria a bit easier.

I will be trying 4-ho-met in the near future and will be able to report back on qualitative differences between it and its acetylated brother. :)

Unlike campaigns, I felt an average amount of mindfuck, not really more or less. However the intensity of the visuals were much more than other psychedelics I've tried, and also it was filled with euphoria, so ymmv.

These things do seem to vary a bit from person to person. Wish I had more experience with 4-ACO-MET As to compare. At some point I may attempt some sort of blinded research with some 4-AcO & 4-HO tryptamines. There do seem to be differences between them, but said differences are experienced differently by different people. Interesting :)