• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 08-09 NFL thread

Word my brotha.....

NO Saints mo fo's!!!

We will repeat the '06 season or better as Hurricane Gustav hampered us and now it looks as if Ike (aka Katrina Jr.) has its sights set upon us

That'll be the fuel the team thrived on in '06 to reach its potential or better....

8o :! 8o

i'm a colts homer.

in the last couple weeks i've seen several "experts", when making playoff/superbowl predictions, state that the colts are going to have an off season because "they are getting old".

here's my problem with that-

they have no idea wtf they are talking about.

if they did a little homework they would have found that year after year the colts are actually one of the youngest teams in the nfl. if i remeber correctly they were in '07 THE youngest team in the nfl.

why?

because they play lots of rookies & 2nd year players.

here's the average age of the 5 youngest teams for '08:

Green Bay: 26 years, 89 days
Indianapolis: 26 years, 91 days
N.Y. Giants: 26 years, 190 days
Dallas: 26 years, 197 days
Carolina: 26 years, 252 days

i rest my case.

the Colts are not old yet. they are still going to be the cream of the crop in the AFC right along with the Patriots, Chargers, Jags, and Steelers. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Pittsburgh plays Houston tonight and I am going to grill chicken wings and drink beer like any other good hard working red blooded non-pinko American male. the Steelers sport a solid defense, great run game, above average QB play - but most importantly they have great upper management who make only the right decisions. the sophomore slump could be a reason to fear for Coach Mike Tomlin's overall safety, but I have been nothing but impressed with him from last year and you can only hope that it will translate to this year as well. he doesn't even have to be that great of a coach - he is surrounded by enough talent.

anybody got any picks? here are mine!!

DET @ ATL
SEA @ BUF
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NE
TB @ NO
STL @ PHI (too many Philly injuries at wide out)
HOU @ PIT
JAC @ TEN
CIN @ BAL
CAR @ SD
ARI @ SF
DAL @ CLE (honestly woulda picked Thieveland if they weren't injured)
CHI @ IND
MIN @ GNB (Peterson was fave player to watch all last year)
DEN @ OAK (Cutler break out year much?)

axl blaze said:
Pittsburgh plays Houston tonight

actually the night game is the bears @ the colts.

the colts will win by 17 points or so.

i cant believe tom brady is injured already. its gonna be a tough season!

stinkfoot said:
actually the night game is the bears @ the colts.

the colts will win by 17 points or so.

heh, didn't mean tonight. I have been so scatterbrained lately. just came back from the bar where I watched the game and I was very very impressed. "Fast" Willie Parker did phenomenal and whoever had him on their fantasy football team must have been happy. on 25 carries he had 138 yards and the first three touchdown day of his carreer. last year he missed many games and only scored two touchdowns the whole season - kinda funny how he surpassed that in one day.

what really surprised me was the Detroit Lions VS Atlanta Hawks game. I had the Lions winning easy because I underestimated Matt Ryan and Michael Jenkins. I remember predictin Matt Ryan to be the next Tim Couch of the NFL, as much as it pains me to say, because when I was in Boston I got to know him and he came to some of my bands shows and he plays guitar and is generally a nice guy. despite a good friend of mine who works a pharmacy in Boston telling me that he has herpes and regularly picks up his medication, allegedly.

axl blaze said:
SEA @ BUF

I certainly hope you reevaluate your perspective of my Bills if you hope to have a decent pick record this season. They dominated today. =D

Also, a big LOL at Brady likely being out for the rest of the year. I hate that fag.

AfterGlow said:
i cant believe tom brady is injured already. its gonna be a tough season!

HE TORE HIS ACL AND HE'S OUT FOR THE SEASON!!! I can't believe it, first quarter of the season. I just hope that Matt Cassel can step up like Brady did when Bledsoe got injured.

GenericMind said:
Also, a big LOL at Brady likely being out for the rest of the year. I hate that fag.

Fuck you man. I hope someone on your team gets paralyzed.

LiLc said:
100% behind you!

too bad the lousy saints beat em!! grrrrrr!

LOL.....Yea it was a great game....Looks like we finally have a defense!!

Here's an awesome quote from Reggie Bush

Bush, who vowed to come back strong from a down second season in which he never had a gain longer than 25 yards, had 112 yards receiving and 51 yards rushing. He did most of the work on the winning drive, starting with a 29-yard gain on a short reception over the middle.

His touchdown came on a third-down swing pass on which he juked Jermaine Phillips at the 25 and stiff-armed Buchanon at the 5 before diving for the pylon. Bush was close to stepping out of bounds, but Tampa Bay did not challenge the call.

Making the score even more gratifying for Bush was the fact Phillips had been in his face one play earlier.

"The play before he was talking trash and the next play he was on my highlight tape," Bush said.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280907018

HE TORE HIS ACL AND HE'S OUT FOR THE SEASON!!! I can't believe it, first quarter of the season. I just hope that Matt Cassel can step up like Brady did when Bledsoe got injured.
8o :( 8o :( :X :X :X

GenericMind said:
QFT.

That's not nice.

+1 to Reggie Bush. He's on my fantasy team, and he tore it up this week. =D

(So did Donovan.)

Nickatina said:

No way? I didn't even hear that yet? where did you get that from the NFL website? fuck yo, poor brady! when I first heard about his injury I LOL'ed a little bit, then I realized their backup is just as good ;)

Hypnotik1 said:
LOL.....Yea it was a great game....Looks like we finally have a defense!!

If you mean the bucs then yessir! if not then w/e

Last edited:
Nickatina said:

One already did, last year, and he's already walking again. It takes more than a severed spine or a torn ACL(lol) to keep us down.

1217_large.jpg

GenericMind said:
One already did, last year, and he's already walking again. It takes more than a severed spine or a torn ACL(lol) to keep us down.

Yea I know that's why I said it :|

Still I say fuck the Brady haters, he is the coolest dude around. He dumps models for hotter models and knocks them all up. Plus he's a pretty good quarterback I hear.

How's your QB situation, still trying to choose which one to use? :p

Anyone that heard about the 34-10 assraping Trent Edwards led the Bills in today would know the answer to that question.