• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread - Round Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this good?

WHat good can you get from just a flat rootless green cactus, squashed looking ass thing with yellow flowery seeds and the star shape on top?
is it rotten?
what about like a shot of tea?
idk
Wouldn't it be a shame to let it die?:(

ps

Do little yellow flowery seeds on top grow if are planted?

Last edited:
WHat good can you get from just a flat rootless green cactus, squashed looking ass thing with yellow flowery seeds and the star shape on top?
is it rotten?
what about like a shot of tea?
idk
Wouldn't it be a shame to let it die?:(

ps

Do little yellow flowery seeds on top grow if are planted?
I'm not sure if you have the right type of cactus. Can you be more specific? Is it a single column, that has been flattened? Or is it naturally flat? Get a picture up, there's not way for us to tell you if it's rotten or good to eat with your description.

If there is any doubt, I wouldn't eat it. You can cut it, let it dry, and re-root it. If it's a pachanoi log, you can just bury it slightly and it'll do it's thing. But from what you describe I can't be sure what you have.

Oh yea, and I'm just gonna throw this out there one more time. But can anyone give me any background info on "backberg" pachanoi?

Last edited:
Hey, just wondering, how simple is it to take cuttings from a cactus and grow your own? I know a site where I can buy a 'Cactus Cutting' from, but in the picture, one end looks like it has been sawn off. If I bought it, would I be able to just put it in some soil with some water and it will grow?

My plan would be to take cuttings, plant a new one. when thats grown, take guttings and plant a new one, until my greenhouse is full up lol %) . Has anyone tried something similar? Or would I be better off buying seeds?

I assume its just one seed per cactus! =D

I want to know if it will work if I just put my cacti through a fruit juice processer.

Hey, just wondering, how simple is it to take cuttings from a cactus and grow your own? I know a site where I can buy a 'Cactus Cutting' from, but in the picture, one end looks like it has been sawn off. If I bought it, would I be able to just put it in some soil with some water and it will grow?

My plan would be to take cuttings, plant a new one. when thats grown, take guttings and plant a new one, until my greenhouse is full up lol %) . Has anyone tried something similar? Or would I be better off buying seeds?

I assume its just one seed per cactus! =D

suuuupper easy. cut your cactus and let it sit somewhere dry but not in direct sun the whole time. let the bottom callous over then stick it in the ground and water it. dont water it again until you see new growth out the top.

^well if it's already been cut, and the cut side looks clean(no black/moldy shit), you won't need to cut it again. just make sure it's fully calloused over before putting it in the soil.
you can also use a rooting hormone, if you're impatient.
Once it has a full system of roots, and it's grown to a size you're happy with, cut it at the base and a good chunk off the top. the base will sprout new, possibly multiple buds, and the top part you let callous over and drop in the soil again. The middle...well thats up to you what you do with it.

Regarding seeds, I've never grown from seed. From what I understand it's a bit of a pain in the ass. You'll have to wait a looot longer than if you start from a cutting.
I still wanna do it someday tho.

I want to know if it will work if I just put my cacti through a fruit juice processer.

What a great idea! I'm gonna have to try that sometime.

Tomorrow I'm going to plant my new cacti... I've got a 14-inch san pedro, and a smaller one, and a medium bridegesii, and a small bridgesii var monstrose.

I've got some peruvianus seeds also. They're so beautiful... they flower also. :)

Recommendations? I was going to use half potting soil, half sand, and add bone meal and limestone.

^ my question is similar to Xorkoth's i recently got two 18 inch pachanoi cuttings from lowes and i need to repot them into seperate containers, i too was curious as to a good soil composition.
when i was at the store the other day the only sand they had was pavers sand, so i figured some vermiculite i had around the house might be a decent substitute (it says on the bag it improves drainage)
so ya my question is basically exactly like Xorkoth's any recommendations or feedback would be appreciated

i also have about an oz. of t. cuzcoensis chips and was goin to do an everclear extraction (like the one on erowid) and then evap the everclear and scape up the goo and put it into a gell capsule. my question with this is does soakin the cacti in everclear/alcohol have any effect on the finished product? and im pretty set on this method in my mind but how does everyone think alcohol extraction compares to boiling up some tea? thanks for any help on either or my questions

Last edited:
40% top soil (no peat moss)
40% pea gravel
20% worm castings

I've also started using hydroton in place of pea gravel because it is much easier on the back, and has better insulation properties to combat cold weather. Downside is it's way more expensive than a $3 50lb bag of gravel at the hardware store.

the science of san pedro preparation- enlighten me please!

Hey guys, I have aquired some San Pedro and have been researching many different ways of preparation. I think i've found one that sounds good, yet I am going to adapt it a little. But basically, I want to know what I am doing scientifically- and how variations in preparation are going to effect the mescaline.

All the preparation methods i've read say contrasting things:

Apparently traditional shaman methods include boiling the mixture for up to 24 hours or more. But some of the reports I've read say that boiling it for too long will damage the potency of the mescaline.

some reports say to add up to a quarter of the mixture as lemon juice, and others say that too much lemon also will ruin the mescaline.

Some reports say to freeze the cactus and then let it thaw, as this helps break down the cell walls and release alkoloids (??)

Some reports use the cactus as it comes, and others let it dry out for days first.

Can someone tell me which of these is correct/ or how they all scientifically work? Could one freeze the cactus, THEN boil it down? Or do you just do one method or the other? Does one have to dry out the cactus first?

thanks kakti for the answer, unfortunatly i transplanted my cacti a couple days before your post i went about
55% organic soil
45% vermiculite
and a decent amount of blood meal for the nitrogen

when i bought then it was two foot and a half tall san P's in the same pot, i was goin to put them in seperate pots but when i went to transplant the roots were hella tangled and i heard san P's needed to be handled delicatly when replanting so i decided not to start yankin roots around and i just put both of them in a much bigger pot,
is this an OK idea, i know it may stunt the growth but from stuff i read optimal growing conditions doesnt always mean optimal mescaline producing conditions and that if the plant has to in some way be held back (either by water, or growing space) it actually produces more mescaline, so what do you think?

Is 100 grams of cleaned, dried and pulverized peruvian torch enough for 4 or 5 people? Obviously potence varies, but can any of you give a rough estimate?

Possibly enough for 4 people but most likely none of those doses will be strong. 25 grams of cactus chips isn't a high dose. It will be nice though. 40-50 grams would be a high dose. But of course it also entirely depends on the strength of the specific cactus it came from.

for any cactus growers out there i have a two questions, i got some san pedros growin
i recently got them from lowes and when i did it was two, foot and a half tall cacti in a very small pot about 6in in diamenter and no more than 7 inch deep so they were crowded to say the least. I have read that some people will "stunt" thier cacti's either by not giving it optimal conditions (usually less water, but i think i have heard crowded roots as well) i have noticed these cactus have a fairly profound blueing on the columns, does anyone know if this is from a high presense of alkaloids? other drugs seem to be similar mushrooms bruise blue and opium poppy pods (while growing) have this similar blue tint to them except with a poppy it can be easily rubbed off it will reapear later, the cacti's cant be rubbed away. but does anybody think that with such terribley small crowded pot and possiblely unfavorable conditions in the commercial plant market have possibly made this a highly potent cacti? or maybe more potent than usual? or fucked up, i hope not but maybe the blue is a bad sign? ne one know?

edit: the blueing can be rubbed off the cactus it just took a little bit of pressure as opposed to a quick finger swipe like the poppy

my second question is that i have noticed some black bumps ( i call them freckles) on my cacti's toward the top where they were at thier peak when they were planted, they have since grown an inch maybe inch an a half and dont have the 'freckles' on the new growth, so would it be fair so assume that those might have just been caused by transplanting stress? or do i maybe have a bigger problem?
Thanks to anyone with input or answers

Last edited:
For the big Mescaline/Peyote thread please, or the Psychedelics forum

Hello,

I'm interested in trying psychedelics for some mind expanding experiences, synesthesia and anything else fun it can provide. I'm just not sure how to go about this.

I've seen it's fairly easy to obtain Peyote Cacti as they're perfectly legal in my country (UK), however I can't find consistent information on how much of this is needed, and how old it would need to be. I've been reading around on this forum, Erowid, and other sites and I've not been able to find a real answer to these questions. Hopefully someone with experience can help me out.

I've also been considering Salvia Divinorum extract as it too is easy to buy and seems much more practical to consume compared to an apparently foul tasting Cactus.

I don't know anyone who might help me get hold of some real acid which would seem a bit more of a sure thing than either of the two above.

So really my questions are as follows.

1, How old does Peyote need to be before it produces Mescaline?
2, How many Peyote "buttons" and at what age/size/weight would be needed to produce the desired effects?
3, Would Salvia Divinorum extract taken orally produce the experience I'm trying to obtain?
4, Would Morning Glory seeds be worth considering for this requirement?
5, Should I just stop messing around with the uncertain natural remedies and try to find someone to obtain some real acid?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

most peyote buttons take 5-10 years to mature, but if your buying them from a smart shop (whatever there called in the UK), you really have no way of knowing how old they are (well size is a good aproximate indication but you know what im sayin) you best askin whoever you buy it from but who knows if they truly know,
anyways if they work with them i assume they would be able to identify one that you could buy that would be active (then again they might tell you anything to make a sale)
2. dunno, only have had San P
3. not really, oral salvia is more calm and sedating for meditation instead of psychedelia like smoking it is
4. def worth considering but peyote is much better than LSA IMO
5. certain natural 'remedies' are very nice (such as peyote, other cacti, and other things) but yes if you can go get some acid

how were you able to post as a guest? thought someone had to be a member to post?

ANY CACTI GROWERS OUT THERE!!!!!! i threw up a post just before this one i attempted to answer, it has a few questions about some new cacti i am growing and could use all the help i can get so if any of you with the knowledge see this post will you scroll up just a few posts and adress my questions please???

Status
Not open for further replies.