View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Medication/Supplement Interaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks. so, lamictal isnt like any other mood stabilizer then? because ive also heard you cannot take it with things like lithium. i also read that one cannot take dxm with certain anti-convulsants

Last edited:
^np, just rememebr experimenting with any substances while on certain medications can have an adverse reaction, so I can't tell you what will or won't happen.

Just start off with a low dosage maybe 200-300mg or even less before you try to do any higher plateau trials you know?

alright, ill do that. thanks for the advice, probably going to dose at around 100-150, just to be on the safe side.

There's no clear potentiation of any psychedelic by vitamin C. Acids may well increase rate of absorption (or at least that's what my experience leads me to suspect), but I really don't think X amount of vitamin c is going to make y amount of mushrooms feel like 2y or whatever.

A lot of people swear by the lemon juice method - i.e., grind up the shrooms and let them soak in a shot of lemon/lime juice for a few minutes before ingestion. I've never tried this exactly, but I've been told it lessens the time to come-up.

IME potentiation does work, but yeah must be from increased absorption through acidity. So it doesn't have to be vitamin C, you can just use an acidic fruit juice, like multifruit juice or even cola or any other acidic beverage.
MDMA for instance, is better absorbed in an alkaline environment so taking a maalox on forehand should work.

I don't see why this type of potentiation shouldn't count to use the term 'potentiation'...

It seems like you can increase mushroom potency with a factor 1.5 (at least, or around that), thats what my experience says.

And in my experience it does also shorten the come-up time yes - and the visuals seem more intense/fast/menacing. Not for the faint of heart unless you decrease your dose. Seriously.

Will an SSRI weaken Ketamine use?

Ok so poking around Peru It appears I can purchase Ketamine OTC (edit: I was wrong lol). So I'm quite excited as I've never done it before.

However recently I tried an SSRI just for the hell of it. I took 50mg of Anafranil, which has a 34 hour half life, on Friday. Friday morning. Its now monday, so about two half lifes later.

I had not been taking an SSRI prior to that, nor have been after. Is that going to affect my ability to enjoy the trip or will it be fine?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, SSRIs lessen the effects of Ketamine. I would wait a bit longer before doing any, I was on an SSRI with a shorter half life than that and it stayed in the system for about a week, although if you wait just a day or two more, the effects will be lessened, but the trip will probably be enjoyable. Don't dose higher than normal to make up for it, as the degree to which it is affected differs. Start at a normal dose for you, and have fun.

^ Source?

I took K while addicted to Tramadol (SNRI) and it did not diminish the effects. It did seem to add a "comedown" aspect which K usually doesn't have, but otherwise, no, no diminishing.

Some SSRI's do act differently. I have to say though Jamshyd if you were seriously poppin those, and the K still worked out then I'd probably be inclined to believe you.

Anyway my initial expectations were crushed today. Searching Peru revealed they have the screws a little tighter than Mexico and a vet has to give it out after a diagnosis, or seeing a script. I talked to several vets in my area. No luck. But at least my Spanish is good enough to try. Gotta work on my script forgery...

Ha! So did I :D

Well, 1 and 1/2 anyway. Really wasn't so great this time though... Had taken a small dose of tramadol earlier in the day and had a fuckin' shocking reaction to the acid that evening. Pure hell, agony and delirium for hours. Never known anything like it and hope nobody will ever see it again :|

What kind of pain did you experience ? Stomach cramps like you were gonna die ?

Yup, plenty of stomach cramps all night, but also was in unbelievable muscular pain from head to foot - my back was the worst. Most of it is a blackout cos I was delirious for a few hours rather than tripping. I have never known pain like it. Wouldn't believe pain like that was even possible 8o

Every muscle in my body was in spasm and pure agony for many hours. My cramps had cramps. And those cramps had cramps. I remember jerking about kinda spasming and there was a lot of writhing and probably bellowing and wailing and screaming I suspect. And a hell of a lot of running around pissing all over the place and myself. My place is not pretty at the best of times but became a lot worse overnight :D

When did this begin like how many hours after you dropped the blotters?

I was very drowsy when coming up on the acid then got progressively more stimulated until massively overstimulated, wild eyed and dripping with sweat. The last thing I remember before going nutso for a while is pacing around frantically and stripping naked.

I'd say around two hours between dropping the acid and blacking out. Came out of it four or five hours later and was tripping normally for another three or four hours other than the pain which gradually faded over the following 24 hours.

WOW as in WOW in a bad way - what do you attribute this to ?

I can only think it was some bizarre reaction with tramadol (maybe the SNRI effect somehow?) cos it was the only thing in my system that is slightly out of the ordinary for me. Got scripted it a coupla months ago for back pain and took 50mg in the morning and another 50mg in the evening two or three hours before the acid. Can't think what else it could possibly be cos there's nothing wrong with the acid :\

Well now see when I was consuming shedloads of methadone & morphine I used to get excruciating pains. Mainly they'd begin in the stomach, I put it down to having constipation to a grotesque degree. The action of the LSD on the (5HT3 receptor ??) can produce a reaction in the gut allegedly. Now imagine being unwillingly inflated by LSD with no escape mechanism ! :!

So anyway usually after a few hours of writhing gasping on the floor with as you suggest cramps everywhere I eventually shit like a prehistoric quadruped renowned for consuming less than wholesome fodder.

Then everything would be well again.

The rolling stones I ate on Sundy made me fart copiously but fortunately as I eat a healthy diet and have no issues due to eating opiates I simply smelt bad - do you think tramadol causes blockage in your intestines ? I ask as I've never taken the stuff.

I don't think it was intestinal. Was very much a muscle thing and concentrated around my spine. I was flexing and writhing almost like having a fit but for hours. Also wouldn't explain the delrious bit. Never had a problem mixing (real) opiates and acid before. Pooping was all as it should be. Was a hell of a lot of pissing though. Everywhere :|

No chance. It was an intense physical and mental reaction of some description. No way anxiety could produce those effects I'm sure. I wasn't feeling at all anxious anyway. Was in a great mood until the stimulation went crazy and the pain started then it went downhill rapidly. Is an oddity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.