View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried doing a physical activity while under the influence? I think I'm going snowboarding next month..and would love to experience maybe a lowish dose while up on that mountain. Any thoughts on doing this?

tass4243 said:
Has anyone tried doing a physical activity while under the influence? I think I'm going snowboarding next month..and would love to experience maybe a lowish dose while up on that mountain. Any thoughts on doing this?

Yes. AMT is a drug that I find does not weaken or inhibit me physically. It makes me feel flushed and strong. Some things, like DOXs and even LSD, and many phenethylamines, can sometimes cause some vasoconstriction, or fatigue, or muscle weakness. Not so with AMT, at least for me. I've spent many a long hike or exercise session on it.

^^^ awesome! Can't wait to try this ;D Yay snowboarding season =)

tass4243 said:

You mean other than making the beast with two backs? =D

#I agree totally with what Xorkoth, i love aMT.. i find that physical activity not really impaired although on high doses the intoxication can be too much to really want to do alot.. i love the long lasting stimulation and clear headed euphoria which allows for physcial activity although i would make sure i kept hydrated :)

Ok guys, I need your help. Last night my friend was pulled over while sitting in a friends car. She was drunk. Long story short, she ended up being arrested. Now we did AMT the night before, and she took her drug test 24 hours after we had dosed. The police are currently trying to figure it out, but I guess it triggered the drug test for amphetamines or methamphetamine. They said she was on some type of stimulant, but they weren't sure what.

I was under the impression that AMT did not trigger any of the standard drug groups. Should she be worried that something will come up? I am not exactly sure what she has been charged with yet...but does anyone know if you can be charged with being under the influence of an unknown substance? I know that the AMT won't come up on the drug test.

i dont think they can charge you if they cant prove you were on something.. fair enough drunk and disordly if she admitted the use.. but on a unknown substance? is this in US.. them cops are ruthless :(

Well, I found out she was charged with a 11550 or something of that nature. Just being under the influence of a schedule 1 drug, but they are waiting on the drug test before they push it forward. I guess they told her, if nothing comes up on the drug test, she won't be charged with anything.

From everything I've been able to find, AMT won't trigger anything else...so lets hope thats the case, so she gets off free!

Tried AMT again yesterday and deffinitely got it this time. A few months back 28mg rectally didn't do much, I just got basic threshold effects and was sick later on.

So last night I got about 59-64mgs, put it in a gelcap and added somewhere less than 1ml malt vinegar in order to hopefully convert the freebase to the salt. Had a bit of a suprise when I first did a tester (without AMT inside) to see what vinegar would do with a closed gelcap. It expanded so far that it popped the gelcap!

It came on within much less than half an hour and gradually seemed to start peaking about two hours into it. I was thinking this might be the full brunt of it and was comtemplating trying to up the dose at some point, but opted out due to talk of differing stages and a long come up. I felt very euphoric and music sounded very deep with quite mild visuals. Decided a joint might be better to notch things up a bit and after this it really all kicked in. Felt very similiar to MDMA to me but a bit more psychedelic, lots of euphoria and constant serotonergic rushes. Very psychedelic closed eye visuals and open eye ones different to what I've seen before. Loads of random, nonsensical thoughts aswell. Also noted that I didn't have any real side effects, never got overly hot/sweaty or sick (but that might have something to do with the ginger extract I took). Decided to take 750mg magnesium as my gurn was getting out of control though.

I very much liked it but it can drone a long a bit long without enough to keep it interesting. I think I'd deffinitely enjoy this more as a club drug as nothing much but variations of the same happen for a long time. I didn't think ketamine had any sort of decent synergy with it. Woke up with a headache early in the morning but that's sorted and I feel very good now

Anyone know if there is a cross tollerance between AMT and 2C-B? i.e can I do 2C-B tonight?

AMT seemed to jack up my tolerance for both tryptamines and phenethylamines quite a bit.

This is the study samadhi_smiles has referrred to. Only the abstract is available online.

The effects of non-medically used psychoactive drugs on monoamine neurotransmission in rat brain said:
Abstract

We developed a reproducible, simple, and small-scale method for determining the re-uptake and release of monoamines (dopamine, serotonin (5-HT) and norepinephrine) using rat brain synaptosomes. These assays were then applied to study the effects of different kinds of non-medically used psychoactive drugs on monoamine re-uptake and release. The phenethylamine derivatives, 4-fluoroamphetamine, 2-methylamino-3,4-methylene-dioxy-propiophenone (methylone), 1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-butanamine (BDB), and N-methyl-1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-butanamine (MBDB), had strong inhibitory effects on the re-uptake of dopamine, 5-HT and norepinephrine. 4-Fluoroamphetamine, methylone and BDB also strongly increased the release of the three monoamines, but MBDB increased 5-HT and norepinephrine release, but had little effect on dopamine release. However, 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine (2C-I), 2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethylphenethylamine (2C-E), 2,5-dimethoxy-4-chlorophenethylamine (2C-C), 2,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine (TMA-2) and 2,4,6-trimethoxyamphetamine (TMA-6), which are methoxylated phenethylamine derivatives, slightly influenced the re-uptake and release of monoamines. α-Metyltryptamine (AMT), a tryptamine derivative, was one of the strongest re-uptake inhibitors and releasers of the three monoamines. The tryptamine derivative, 5-methoxy-α-methyltryptamine (5-MeO-AMT), also strongly inhibited re-uptake and increased the release of the three monoamines. N,N-dipropyltryptamine (DPT), 5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-DIPT), 5-methoxy-N,N-methylisopropyltryptamine (5-MeO-MIPT), and 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (5-MeO-DMT) inhibited monoamine re-uptake, but had a few effects on monoamine release. 1-(3-Chlorophenyl)piperazine (3CPP) and 1-(methoxyphenyl)piperazine (4MPP), which are piperazine derivatives, inhibited monoamine re-uptake and accelerated their release. The results suggest that some designer drugs strongly act on the central nerve system to the same extent as restricted drugs.

Personally, I have yet to have a "full-blown" AMT trip. My highest dose was 40mg oral once and maybe a handful of 20-30mg oral trips.

Now that I've tried rectal administration, AMT is next on the list. I was thinking of trying ~40-50mg. For others that have tried AMT rectally, does Xorkoth's experience of little to no potentiation over oral hold true for you as well?

Do you guys typically dose alone, or with friends? So far I have only dosed with my friends around, but this week I will be visiting lake tahoe, and will be dosing by myself. I am wondering if this works out for you guys or no? I always seem to be talking with my friends etc when I dose.

^In combination with a more powerful psychedelic yes. If you're just using aMT then you'll probably end up wanting someone to talk to.

I know Xorkoth has experienced some alarming effects after days of continual use, but does anyone crash from aMT use? Since it both releases and blocks the reuptake of serotonin and dopamine so powerfully (at least in rats) wouldn't you expect a crash? I've actually avoided crashing on amphetamines by combining them with aMT. Certainly no complaints here, but it is weird.

i fidn the crash from aMT isnt too bad unless you take it for days on end (as i once found out :() i find that it is much less of a comedown than MDMA or Amphetamine, though it does interrupt my sleep patterns somewhat so make sure you have a few days spare ;)

Last edited:
A friend reported a major crash with AMT. Felt good during the experience and in a SPLENDID mood the next day. Still good 2 days after... and then midweek he had a major crash that took 2-3 days to mend. i wonder if it's all physiological or if it's partly to do with how one deals with the trip itself.

I couldn't say... people seem to react so much differently. My assessment of AMT is that it causes no crash for me if I take it once with a reasonable length of time between doses (up to half a week at least average over the long term perhaps). In fact, I feel better than normal for several days, especially the next day, sort of like mescaline only a bit draining on physical energy the first day. I mean like mescaline in that the trip seems to fade into the background but never fully disappear. But since the trip is all loving warmth, it's a blessing.

If I take it 2 days in a row, the next day or two I'm noticeably slightly down, but no big deal. Definitely physically draining and a bit emotionally as well.

If I take it 3 or 4 days in a row, (as would never happen again but did a certain number of times in the relatively recent past), I'll feel pretty shitty for a day or two afterwards, and at this level it really starts to drain my zest and happiness for a while even after the side effects wore off.

If I follow a long-term "regimen" of 4 times a week or so, if I don't continue that schedule, I'll start getting brain zaps, like the MDMA ones except less severe. It seems like withdrawal. At this level I only really feel particularly good with AMT.

Once I took it for a week straight at ever-increasing dosages (which was horrible and I would never do that again), and on the last day I felt indescribably fucked up, sort of like a combination of the flu and mono and mental retardation. It was like the worst MDMA depression hangover I can imagine, complete with horrible brain zaps. I was walking around in a store and kept almost falling because the brain zaps would last so long I couldn't be present enough to stay upright. For a couple of days I experienced this at slowly decreasing levels, and also nausea and spinning. It was horrible... just horrible. The worst directly drug-induced episode of my life. I took 25mg (a low dose at the time) on the 3rd day after, and felt fine, not high. Just normal. It remained that way for a few days, and they came back. I took pure 4-HO-DMT and had an ego death experience and they stopped.

That has been my experience with AMT. Which is why I haven't used it since then. I just love it too much. <3

your reaction with aMT seems exactly liek mine.. its awfully euphoric, and the sense of well beign and stimulated feeling is really nice. The visuals are very subtle though i think my overuse has caused it to be less psychedelic :|

aMT is really nice stuff, psychedelic speed for me! The stuff is really stimulating and incredibly euphoric in high doses, though weirdly enough, still doesn't provide me with hallucinations at even 120mg. It's very weird that everyone reacts so differently to aMT. Some people are hallucinating pretty hard of 50mg, while others, like me, don't even get hallucinations at 120mg. Still nice stuff though.

The big downside in my experience with aMT is definately the stomach and intestine cramps, and nausea. If it would lack the cramps, it would be even better.

^^ If you take it rectally, there is no nausea or stomach cramps whatsoever and a smoother body high.

AMT produces my favorite euphoria of any drug. It's remakrably empathogenic, but also crystal-clear mentally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.