Bassnectar anyone?

I've never heard of them but I'm liking their stuff....especially "blow". Thanks for the link!

Yeah, bassnectar is awesome. I really dig his new CD Mesmerizing the Ultra, the whole album flows nicely and I ecspecially like the somesing STS9 remix.

I had a chance to see him at Wakarusa last month. He let as many people as could fit up on stage next to him and his decks, however all the dancing on the elevated stage/platform caused a couple power shortages which resulted in everyone having to get off the stage so it wouldn't happen again....but besides that he spun a real sick set. He began with his downtempo breaks like the stuff on his new album and then journeyed into other geners until he got to some real deep hardcord DnB and had this dude freestyle to it. I'd never heard anyone freestyle to DnB. Was a really good show, besides the power shortages.

btw, if you like bassnectar you should check out Telefon Tel Aviv as well

ive seen him a number of times. he plays a wide range of shit. he also goes by the name - lorin. hes from the bay area so hes always playing here. good dj for sure

bassnectar is the fuckign shit,i never heard of him before i moved up to lincoln,hes real popular around here and i really dig his stuff!

is he really considered dubstep? cause if so, he's probably the only dubstep producer I can dig.

^ his new stuff is dubstep so ya i guess you could consider it dubstep

i love bassnectar
one of my favorite artists out there in the EDM world

im really hoping he plays Coachella '10!

oh yeah he's good. He's supposed to be playing out here in August. It's funny though, on the flyer it says he's the king of mashups. That doesn't sound right.

Pft.

He fucking sucked at Rainbow Serpent this year, the whole party revolved around his sound and it wasnt very cool at all in my opinion, plus it was shit to be tripping hard and hear some american twat yelling into the microphone about how we should all love each other
mate we know that we are at a doof blissing out on acid, dont you dare use a mircophone to condesend us!

anywya thats my two sets

(side note I still drop heads up in breaks sets sometimes just for that big funky bassline)

^Fuck that. Look at the messages of peace and love spread by musicians at festivals like Woodstock (to people blissing out on acid), spread both through amplified music, vocals and speech. Rainbow carries the same vibe Bassnectar was off the hook and so what if he has a bit more stage presence than other producers/performers? Hopefully he will be the catalyst for new and (even more) diverse tunes at Rainbow.

Don't eat the brown acid- peace and love all in three.

I've seen him numerous times and met him as well. I feel like his shows are pretty hit or miss, I've seen him absolutely kill it and leave the crowd wanting more, and I've also left in the middle of his set because he was disappointing.

My favorite song has got to be Carried Away, the piano in the middle is awesome.