• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anyone know why overgrow is down? [UPDATE: OG servers have been turned off]

Status
Not open for further replies.

godspeed_my_victory

Bluelighter
it's been down since the 28th. legal issues or server upgrade? - this has happened before, just not for this long

dankhead88 said:
Its been not working for me either. :(

Didn't work for me either.

Since the entry 'www.overgrow.com' goes directly to msn search, I believe that the site was removed. I think this message means that the site is no longer registered. If the site was having difficulties, then something different would come up.

Anyone else have any input?

Yeah, I don't know what is up, I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully it's just server maintenence. If you go into command prompt, you can still ping overgrow.com

if they did get taken down, on what grounds? man o man i sure hope they dont have any ip logs or anything that would open up vulnerablities for its members.

server still pings. i think its just down for maintenance. like Phat_bass said, there would be a government message saying it was taken down.

it doesnt direct to msn search for me, it just says "service unavailable"

And here I thought I was banned for talking about other drugs. If there's any new info, please update.

nah man, i think they just delete your post or thread if you talk about *other* drugs. but you're still allowed to talk about shrooms and sometimes salvia

www.overgrow.com site down?

hey i love bluelight and all, but for cannabis discussion i usually jumped over to forums at overgrow....now i cannot access the site?

anyone else experiencing this problem?

should i try cleaning my browser and temp files/cookies etc...ah i will anyways but was just wondering what happened.

later guys heres the url if ur interested www.overgrow.com

There is another thread here about this that has already been closed.
Apparently the servers are down until further notice. It has been down for the
last 4 days for me. I saw a message from Old Pink saying not to worry they have the situation under control.........????

I'd like to comment now so that users here don't have to hunt the icmag thread. Overgrow's servers did not track IP addresses. I remember that being mentioned many times. If you were logged in when it was taken down, then maybe your IP was still in the logs. but unless you are on a T1 or higher broadband connection, your IP address will be changed automatically within a few weeks. DSL and Cable all recycle IP addresses every once in a while, and Dialup gives you a new IP at every login.

Cannabis Sites Seized by Police

Cannabis Culture, Overgrow.com, hempqc.com and several other sites have been seized by the Canadian police. All sites have been shut down as of now. If you read the warnings they say that many thousands of overgrow and cannabis culture members photos and what not are available to the canadian police. I wonder how this happened. It used to be a thriving online zine that catered to cannabis growers and users. I wonder what will happen now. Hopefully a new better site will sprout up with the same information that those sites had.

time

funks_hybrid said:
I'd like to comment now so that users here don't have to hunt the icmag thread. Overgrow's servers did not track IP addresses. I remember that being mentioned many times. If you were logged in when it was taken down, then maybe your IP was still in the logs. but unless you are on a T1 or higher broadband connection, your IP address will be changed automatically within a few weeks. DSL and Cable all recycle IP addresses every once in a while, and Dialup gives you a new IP at every login.

Man, that is 1 helluva relief. Thanks for that bit of good news, in light of the shitty news. I can't believe Canada would do something lower than us, the USA. The DEA must've initiated this. It sounds like 1 of their bullshit stunts. "Oooh, let's get the big weed growers in the States...buying seeds from these dudes!!"8( :X
This War on Drugs has got to come down. It's nothing but a waste of time & money that could go to way smarter shit we need. I've always thought about the $$$ the govt could make if they just taxed weed like tobacco & sell it to people over 21...maybe in liquor stores. But the $$$ generated from taxes on the shit could feed a shitload of homeless people.
I will never understand government mentality.:p :\

squidhead said:
I can't believe Canada would do something lower than us, the USA. The DEA must've initiated this. It sounds like 1 of their bullshit stunts. "Oooh, let's get the big weed growers in the States...buying seeds from these dudes!!"8( :X
\

I had this chat before with some people (states/canada) and they all said `its Canada and they LEO can`t work here, then they changed thier tune after US LEO started working in BC. They also said the servers in Canada we`re safe!
well now they know otherwise, same for here--- just `cause the server is in Holland doesn`t mean your safe posting pics of grows or pills every other week.
Think before you post ! Its a new world order.

The reach of US LEO doens`t stop at the border.

http://tor.eff.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.