View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AMT vs. MDMA

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~

Bluelight Crew
maybe this has already been done, i'm honestly too lazy to look so my lovelies, feel free to close/merge/ship off, etc.

i'm just looking for a comparison of the 2 (yes, i'm fully aware they're very different compounds however the effects are similar) so i can decide which i think would best fit a certain social situation.

things i'm looking for:

duration of effects
effects profile
synergy with substances such as ketamine, 2c-b, nitrous and of course weed
any other tidbits you wanna throw in, the more knowledge i have access to, the better.

thank you in advance <3

i assume you'll have pure MDMA or atleast tested pills, just to make sure you arent gonna be comsuming any surprise substances :)

aMT for me felt like the tryptamine cousin of MDA, it was visual to a great degree and tactical sensations were at their peak.

i'll add more in a lil bit

amt takes three hours to finish the come up. And over 30mg you usually feel nauseous in a motion sick kind of way untill the 3 hour mark. Then you begin to feel like your rolling with small amount of acid. Sex is better than with mdma, it lasts 15 hours so make sure you take it early enough. Don't snort, it burns like hell, it is also the worst tasting chem I've ever tasted. Like mothballs + Shit... The thought of the taste makes me gag to this day! Doesn't seem to loose the "magic" like mdma. Mdma does have better empathy and hits you harder with a more intense rush, but leaves as quickly as it began. Amt keeps you feeling very good/happy for several hours, more bang for your buck. Amt mixes well with most the same things mdma mixes with in my experience. Hope this helps...

AMT doesn't have the horrible depression a couple of days later, like MDMA does with me. In fact, AMT leaves me with a cheery mindset that can last anything up to a week.

Because of the above, I no longer have anything to do with MDMA, whereas I find AMT the pefect drug for certain occasions (eg festivals). BTW you can reduce the nausea to virtually zero and reduce the come up time by going for rectal admin with AMT

^^^ Keep in mind though that Xorkoth and some others have reported a long term delayed depression that comes on sometime after a week without use. This has only been noticed when amt has been abused or used several days in a row.

^ It was a clinical antidepressant used for a couple of decades, so rebound depression seems a bit unlikely - then again that was at 5-10mg daily dose. I suppose if you're taking 40mg twice a week it could have some sort of rebound effects

if you bombard yourself with a potent monoamine releaser then you WILL become depressed. AMT is not an exception to the rule just because it was considered (IN SOVIET RUSSIA) as an anti-depressant.

I prefer AMT much more over MDMA. I'm through with MDMA, I've had some good times with it, but in general it has left me zapped/zonked/etc. Its just too strong of a release.

I prefer AMT in moderate doses, so the euphoria is there but the psychedelia is not too high.

Alas AMT is not more popular and thus much harder for me to run across.

Depends on what you're after really, used wisely ( not excessively) I'd reckon AMT as a better bet - however it can be a nauseous come up & it lasts a good 12 hours possibly longer. Setting would be the crucial factor in any decision I made regarding these two

i wouldn't consider taking any psychedelic tryptamine unless set & setting were going to be conducive to a positive trip. i was going to go with AMT despite the long duration but the more i think about it, the less of a good idea it seems to be. i may just stick with MDMA for this particular gathering but please, continue to post helpful info, you're all doing a wonderful job so far :)

Last weekend, I vaporized a little aMT in a glass dick, which make it come up fast. Not as in DMT fast, but within a few minutes I had a big grin on my face. I was pretty subtile after the initial come up, but I really liked it. I was a little nauseous a couple of minutes, but I get nauseous pretty easily and that was over really quickly. When I plugged ~30 mg, I had to vomit (well, nothing came out, since my stomache was empty, but you catch my drift).

I can't really tell how long it lasted, since I smoked so little that I just faded into baseline.

Maybe I'll be smoking a little more this weekend; I hope I'll be able to tell how long it lasts then.

PS: Call me a freak, but I really like the taste when smoked =D

immad, interesting, can you be more precise with how much you vaporized? A little like 5mg or a little like 20mg?

if you inject it intramuscularly the nausea is greatly reduced and the comeup time is reduced and the plateau is compacted a little (its more like an 7-8 hour ride total) compared to oral (10 hours)..

so if i dissolved the powder and made an aqueous solution i could technically IM (after proper filtering, of course)? i think when i get around to trying it i'll probably go for a rectal ROA to avoid nausea (does eating 2-3 hours beforehand help with this?). however, i'm definitely willing to let someone jab me with a needle as long as i don't have to see what they're doing =D

I love aMT alot. I've only done it once, and it was my only experience with psychedelic vomiting, but MAN was it worth it. the stuff is spectacular, and I hope to run across it again sometime soon. the day I spent tripping on aMT was one of the most positive days I can remember.

it depends if you have AMT freebase or a salt. If you ahve freebase (the majority floating around is this), then yes, toss it in a half ml of water and dash a tiny bit of white vinegar into the solution (or citric powder or HCL if you have that around). NOT LEMON JUICE.

then dissolve by stirring (this might require a TINY bit of heat).

then filter it through a micron filter.

Then inject (glute is a good place).

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~ said:
so if i dissolved the powder and made an aqueous solution i could technically IM (after proper filtering, of course)? i think when i get around to trying it i'll probably go for a rectal ROA to avoid nausea (does eating 2-3 hours beforehand help with this?). however, i'm definitely willing to let someone jab me with a needle as long as i don't have to see what they're doing =D

I plugged 18mg after eating an entire large pizza. I went from being half asleep to awake and energetic. I was in a great mood the entire time, and there wasn't a hint of nausea. Not bad considering the volume of food in my stomach. Had a headache at the end, but I passed out easily and when I woke up six hours later it was gone. I'd definitely recommend plugging it, though I bet IM would work just as well.

i should've worded it a bit more carefully. i meant if i eat 2-3 hours before dosing ORALLY, will that help with the nausea.

how the fuck did you manage to eat an entire large pizza by yourself without puking?! 8o

willkell420 said:
^^^ Keep in mind though that Xorkoth and some others have reported a long term delayed depression that comes on sometime after a week without use. This has only been noticed when amt has been abused or used several days in a row.

That only happened when I abused it... I would use it 4 or more times a week, usuallt 2 to 3 days in a row. I did this for about a year. With reasonable usage there has been no such effects on me... it leaves me feeling great for days.

I'll add more later. Suffice to say that AMT, for me, is what MDMA wanted to be, but failed at. AMT is superior in every way for me. It leaves your intellect intact (doesn't make you a retard), lasts WAY longer (as a result there is no frantic feeling of wanting to get it all in before it's over), and it feels much more real in its benefits.

Rectal dosing is very recommended for AMT. It makes it much smoother (although the come-up still causes some anxiety sometimes), and it never leaves me with a headache when plugging. Most notably, the come-up lasts only about an hour instead of 3. And the body feel is nicer and smoother.

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~ said:

how the fuck did you manage to eat an entire large pizza by yourself without puking?! 8o

And two or three cupcakes (can't remember anymore). My only answer would be extreme hunger. I'm one of those tall skinny guys who can just keep eating all day without ever being full, haha. I was definitely impressed by the lack of nausea (when taken rectally) after eating all that crap.

how the fuck did you manage to eat an entire large pizza by yourself without puking?!

It's a gift! You have to really like eating, but if you do, then it's no problem. More than once I've managed to eat a 12" pizza myself after a night out speeding off my tits