Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy First-Time-Tripper Thread

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
Alrighty, to cut down on the surge of threads regarding fist psychedelic experiences, we have made this thread from the blood and sweat of a million heathen slaves.

So if its your first trip- ask your questions here, or if you consider yourself a 'novice'- this also the place. Questions will be moved into here on the whim of a prayer.

^No.

But really, yes.

But also no.

But yes as well.

Can't handle weed will LSD be worse.

Ok just some background info,
Started smoking weed at the age of 15 and by the age of 18 I was going through atleast an ounce a week, breakfast/lunch/afternoon tea/dinner/before bed. But a lot of times when I got stoned it was a very psycodelic experience for me.
eg: I would hear different sounds in m head and other sounds like the TV would dramaticlly change
sight. I would often see things that are not there
(at higher levels I would usually not be able to do anything but just lay there with weird buzzing sounds and tunes being heard in my head and often felt like I could feel my blood flowing through my body and dripping inside me,, weird I know)
By the age of 18 I was extremly anxious paranoid on the stuff and would have stupid thoughts of what people are thinking of me and my mind would disect and anylise every aspect of my life down to things like there angry with me since I didn't wash up, or there thinking I should have brought some food over instead of just beer. just simple dumb stuff like that. I could sit there with a group of freinds and not say a word for hours and if asked anything my answer would be short then I would anylise what I just said

Anyway at the age of 20 I gave up, IM now 27 and have only tried weed a few times since and even one small cone does me in. with all the above things happening at once..

Is there a very high chance that if I get so fucked up on weed that LSD is going to be a realy shithouse experince for me??
I have tried mushrooms and they gave me just a stoned weed feeling but also sent me into the same horrible paranoid state..

Realy want to try LSD and it would most likely be at a doof the next morning when I do it.
I have no problems on E's and speed....
EDIT. more so asking if I have that level of psy on weed are the LSD levels going to be insane or maybee just a bit more profound and clear?

Last edited:
^^^^ I don't like weed either, but I do like LSD. The FX are totally different.

there's another thread about this...
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=373188

the consensus seems to be that the panic/paranoia from weed is kind of unfounded and annoying, and that it's hard to break out of loops because you're so dumbed down.

the psych's can be darker at times, but usually more rewarding and you can learn to break out. more of a loathing feeling, than a sudden panic, ime. like tobala said, it takes you to a totally different place with a different emotional character, so the fear feels different.

The effects of cannabis are extremely subjective in my experience. Everybody has a different response. It's definitely feasible that somebody who has adverse reactions to cannabis may have a positive experience with LSD. The concept of "YMMV" can't be stressed enough.

If you're thinking about trying it, I'd just say start small and gauge how that affects you.

Yeah I read that thread, just realised that way I put my question across was wrong, I mean more like if I have those psycodelic experiences on pot, which not too many people get (visuals etc)
Is LSD going to realy rip me?

I believe they're trying to say there's no correlation between the two, usually.

No way to tell until you try.

^^^^ Yeah thats pretty much it you wont know till you try.... LSD however does play with your head and can make you very paranoid, you usually hear things on it and can make you paranoid at times, you need to just no stress be in a relaxed environment and with somebody else who isn't on it to calm you down if you start to stress out.

If you have no problem with E, you can most likely handle some LSD. It all depends on the setting, however. You have to have a good setting to have a good acid trip (good setting = good people, other people tripping, other good people tripping, no cops, no hassles, no ex-girlfriends around, good music, etc etc.)

I have tried mushrooms and they gave me just a stoned weed feeling but also sent me into the same horrible paranoid state..

if mushrooms send you into the same paranoid state as weed, then it's very possible lsd will as well. i know exactly what you're talking about. i think i am someone who would have LOVED mushrooms if not for the fact that i way over abused weed before tripping on shrooms and now shrooms aren't enjoyable because they have too many affects in common with weed.

It all depends. LSD is much more visual but weed has freaked me out more than lsd ever has. I have had a few panic attack symptoms when I got super stoned. Thinking I was going to die and stuff. It has actually happened a few times. When you take that one extra hit out of a bong that kills you. COUGH COUGH! When you are done coughing you know that was a bit much. Paranoia sets in. "I'm about to have a heart-attack." With lsd at least I know I'm going to be GONE. It's pretty easy to have a bad trip on weed. Never had a bad trip on lucy though.

burn out said:
if mushrooms send you into the same paranoid state as weed, then it's very possible lsd will as well. i know exactly what you're talking about. i think i am someone who would have LOVED mushrooms if not for the fact that i way over abused weed before tripping on shrooms and now shrooms aren't enjoyable because they have too many affects in common with weed.

Oh yea, forgot the OP said that, you make more sense. Even though LSD is often described as "happier" than shrooms, if you don't like shrooms at all, I would not recommend acid.

^ I hate shrooms, I love L. YMMV so you can't really apply that logic.

I mostly dislike weed (unless im coming down from MDMA), and I LOVE LSD. Completely different animal. Take a single dose and worry not.

Thanks for the info,, guess thats true won't know till you try..
Spoke to a freind who said he will stay straight while i'm on it, I feel I'd be more comfortable if he had it as well so were both on the same wave lengh...So hopfully next weekend I will find out if gels with me or not..

curious about acid

hey ive never done acid but im very curious. i was just wondering if someone could give me the basic info eg. cost, duration of trip, how long it takes before it kicks in, what not to do while on it which could cause a bad trip etc. thank alot, DMG :!

cost? 2-10 dollars a tab.

durration? 6-12 hours.

come up? 15-40mins

what not to do? depends on the person, I would suggest for first time dont go out in public, aorund parents if your that age (which absed on these question would assume you are)

avoid a bad trip? be in propepr set and setting. set refferse to your mental state, expectation and over all attitude towrds life, social place and so forth. Setting is your physical enviroment.

Deputy McGeee, don't ask for prices please man :)

Have ssome sort of benzo on hand for a freakout. Although if your set and setting is spot on you wont need it. Xanax or Valium is handy for the come down. Ketamine too.