Status
Not open for further replies.

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
PREVIOUS THREAD:
FIRST PAGE - LAST PAGE

IN MEMORY OF ANITA HOFMANN, 31st January, 1913- 20th December, 2007- R.I.P

Alrighty then folks of PD, the old Big and Dandy Basic LSD thread is now located in the archive as it crept over the 500 post limit. It is viewable here.

So talk about acid and shit.....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are most LSD trips similar in their effects like with opiates or can they be completely different from one another?

pmac5209 said:
Are most LSD trips similar in their effects like with opiates or can they be completely different from one another?

They can be similar or they can be completely different. Of course the actual effects of the drug are the same every time, but tripping is EXTREMELY subjective and the subjective effects can vary greatly.

At the risk of pushing the metaphor too far, the individual trip is different in that you depart from a different place, but you always wind up in the same place ... only you experience different aspects of "it" and see "it" from varied angles, etc. Opiates are an experience that has a few different characteristics -- rush, high, nod, etc., not to mention whether or not you are physically dependent on the opiates, then we're talking sick, well, and so on. But more or less you are on a continuum. On LSD & any psychedelic I can really speak to the continuum breaks down, the concept of "drugs" seems downright silly, and you're certainly somewhere that you've been before--even if you've never tripped, although the feeling of familiarity gets stronger & stronger--but each experience is still new. Not sure how well I am expressing any of this
(LJ: I made some ganja cookies last night and they are considerably more potent than I expected, damn), but here it is, and here's to round 2 of the big&dandy.

LSD FTW

180px-Fontanini_Baby_Jesus.jpg

pmac5209 said:

The physical and mental effects are always similar, but that all important content of the trip is usually completely different.

swilow said:
The physical and mental effects are always similar, but that all important content of the trip is usually completely different.

Funny, I almost feel the opposite, but I suppose that depends on how "content" is defined.

pmac5209 said:
They effect you body the same, but you gain tolerance so the trips effect your mind different each time.

Depression after a night of lsd tripping?

Just wondering if it's normal to feel really depressed the day after you have a trip. I only took 1.5 hits for new years but for some reason today I'm extremely depressed, like nothing matters. And for some reason I'm paranoid about my girlfriend getting bored of me, even though it's not true (i'm pretty sure anyway :p), it's just how my mind is processing things today. Basically there is nothing but negativity going on in my mind right now.

Is this normal or am I just legitimately depressed? :p

thanks

it's subjective.

Set and setting affects alot of the come-down as well.

Try drinking beers with friends next time...or just relax out in nature, with a beer or ganja.

everything was fine.

i did some googling and apparently it's pretty common, especially in bi-polar. I'm diagnosed and treated for type II using lithium so that might be why.

I definitely feel aimless and rather lost after tripping, which could turn into depression. But I guess it's the idea in the back of my head saying that it's all due to the drug and possible to overcome that keeps me sane. You should start to feel normal again in a day or so.

dkc said:
using lithium so that might be why.

oo i'd be very weary of using LSD while also being on lithium, i've heard of a few bad results from the interactions of both chemicals.. seizures, delirium, overly intense experiences etc..

Erowid said:
Lithium or tricyclics (like Amitriptyline, Anafranil, Asendin, Aventyl, Elavil, Endep, Norfranil, Norpramin, Pamelor, Sinequan, Surmontil, Tipramine, Tofranil, Vivactil) are fairly consistently reported as being very bad in combination with LSD. People attempting this combination are unable to communicate with others, they go into "fugue states" where they end up in other places and don't know how they got there, and they are generally in a terrible place psychologically. Life-threatening seizures and at least one DEATH have been reported to be triggered by the combination of LSD and lithium.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_health3.shtml

if you read on down the article there ARE a few accounts of Lithium + LSD with no adverse side effects, but also a few with bad results.. take a good read down the article, get some info for yourself on the interactions, hopefully it'll help your situation a little bit

Last edited:
LSD.

no drug has ever effected me as much as Acid did. I've never been so fucked up beyond belief in my life.

Forgetting who and what you are. Crazy shit.

Bored? LSD = cure

^Its actually all about shoes...

Josh85 said:
Bored? LSD = cure
I don't agree with that, the few times I have taken LSD it has made the boring intenesely boring. Its unlike all other drugs that I have taken, if you try to take acid to make a uninteresting day fun you will (or at least I did) have a shit time. But on the other hand LSD gives you an amphetamine like drive without the pushiness, so if there is anything you want to do you can do it with ease.

Also, how soon are you people generally able to sleep without benzos? I trip for about 12 hours and then spend about another 12 hours where I feel relatively normal but am unable to sleep and my eyes are still extremelely dilated - its not like a comedown, I feel fine - just cant sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.