• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

200 mg methadone cold turkey...fuck

ognobognob

Bluelighter
Ive been takong methadone for 8 years now. It's Monday. I went in 11 day or 264 hours ago.

I have 180 oxy 30s for withdrawl. I now have 46

I stopped taking methadone as soon as I had the oxy

The oxycodone aren't fucking cutting it, I'm taking 200 maybe 300 mgs who the fuck knows. Ill be good durin the day now but something still isn't right. The worst was about day 6-7... I could do enough oxy to keep my shit right. 4 hours after I sleep I'm in WD again.

On day 11 I'm still doing the shit although not as bad. I have taken 0 mgs of methadone. I'm going to go as long as I can but I'm desperately thinking ill need them again once the oxy is gone. The doc thought the 180 was a 3 month script... Is he higher then I am? Wtf? He's compassionate but it's like the methadone has built such a blood level it's hard to overcome. I have 300 methadone left, hundreds of Xanax a d klonopin.

The reason I decided to quit.. I nearly od'd sitting on my couch eating fucking lucky charms. Shitty way to go... And I ain't losing another girl again to being too lazy to get up at 8am cause I have too much methadone and sleep sound.

I'm masturbating like 8 times a day (I've read the book junky and was excepting it) but god damn, sometimes a nuisance.

The mornings and nights are the worst

I need to ask advice... Should I tell him he's crazy to put 180 oxys at me and say that's it? Input needed. I've never been so sure I want to quit in my life. And I know it's gonna be dark... Real dark

Last edited:
Also, when I eat them they last a bit longer (obviously with a 4-8 hour HL) but still shouldn't they be cutting it a lil better? Is methadone THAT relentless in my blood? I DON'T shoot never have never will

You didn't say what dosage methadone you were taking? Also you said you have 300 methadone left, what do you mean? Liquid, pills what mg? Oxycodone are short acting so that's probably why you have to keep re-dosing. If the oxys are not holding you, your doctor may have some better ideas.

Whoops, I see your title says 200 mg. That's a big dose so you may need twice as much oxycodone according to the conversion chart:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/564885

I talked with a guy in rehab who was coming off methadone. He was also given 30 mg oxy to taper. I don't know how much the doctor prescribed him but he was miserable.

I'm tryin to cull it. Been high far to many years. So I went to a doc to get me off dones and he threw me 180 30s with a take "1" every 8 hours on it label. I told him I was on 200 mgs a day for 8 years. Yes. I have 300 10 mg methadone sitting... Haven't touched them. Along with 2 mg Xanax (few hundred) and klonopin 1 mg (couple hundred). I stockpile.... A lot

I think you may get more answers in Other Drugs if you don't mind me moving this.

I'm tryin to cull it. Been high far to many years. So I went to a doc to get me off dones and he threw me 180 30s with a take "1" every 8 hours on it label. I told him I was on 200 mgs a day for 8 years. Yes. I have 300 10 mg methadone sitting... Haven't touched them. Along with 2 mg Xanax (few hundred) and klonopin 1 mg (couple hundred). I stockpile.... A lot
I have never heard of any doctor prescribing another opiate for someone trying to get off methadone.(especially roxi 30s).?? Ive also been on methadone for many years, but not near to 200mg a day!, I dont take them right and run out early ever fucking month, I go thru hell every month, and use H to subsitute the times Im out, but have to wait about 4 days initially, because methadone will block H until its half life is gone.

I feel for you, I know the methadone wd HELL all too well, and for me, the mornings are the worst...I cant think of anything worse than barely sleeping at night only to wake up at 5am with NOTHING to use...that is absolute hell for me

Xannies will help get rid of some of the anxiety with methadone wd, but the times Ive used them, they dont really help that much, cuz I was still looking for that 'classic' opiate/methadone high, so it was tough to resist copping something else during these times.

Last edited:
My doc that was scripting me dones got raided by the DEA for over scripting to making matters worse or I would have just told him to take me down slow

Go to another DR.. if this is not an option.. you can do this.. i jumped 150 mgpd methadone, 260 mgpd rox, and 6 mgpd xan.. not even playing. If you can't see another "addiction or pain" dr then go to a GP and get the meds that can help you.. here are some that will really help.. just tell them what happened strate up.. if they are a puke then go along to the next one.. telling the truth isn't dr shopping.

medications for acute opiate detox

The medications I would explore the use of for detox would be:
>Clonidine< DOSED EVER FOUR HOURS..

one of either
>NEURONTIN< >HERE< >HERE<
OR >Lyrica<
OR >phenibut<

>A BENZO BUT JUST AT NIGHT<
>a nsaid<
>melatonin<
tylenol
Senokot S is a stool softener and laxative. If you do not want the laxative you can go for strait stool softenerDioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?

Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

<3<3<3

Thanks for the help guys. It's really fucking me up and I run a business storefront I'm kinda looking like a piece of shit. I can't believe my sex drive right now, it's so bizarre. Literally jerking off 8 times a day. I haven't had the runs in my bowels yet though. Sorry if in graphic. I'm sweating terrible at night... Even with the oxy and bars.

I'm so suprised that I'm still WD even tho I'm not even "clean"

Agree with neversickanymore, get to another GP doc and get meds that will REALLY help you get off the shit, man. The oxy30s arent doing shit except keeping you at baseline it seems like and after they are gone, what then? Get to another doc that actually cares and get some comfort meds that are listed above^^

Good luck man

Realize that the oxy wouldn't take the pain away and use them more reasonably. Take 2 4x daily. That's 240mg a day. That'll greatly reduce the pain of cutting off a dose that high. Yeah, you're going to feel like shit, that's the penalty for opioid abuse. We get to feel amazing highs but worse lows. The average is not in our favor, but we are seldom smart enough to realize that before the balance really tilts against us.

Perhaps take 2 twice during the day and take 4 at bed. Yeah, swallowing them helps them last longer,, but if I were you I'd snort them to maximize potency. Take whatever enzyme inhibitor you want to increase the duration.

When I was coming off methadone and switching to suboxone I was only give 40mg total. I wasn't at 200 a day, I was at 80 to 100. Not a tiny dose. I can't imagine any sane doctor giving a recovering addict 180 x 30mg oxycodone. That's over five grams total. So, since he's insane, you might as well go back and get more.

I guess without even realizing it but I was taking to much and snorting them. Typical, abuse something guys trying to help.

I'm taking it to 6 total a day 2 every 5 hours. And some Xanax. Lets see how that works aye? And when I run out of oxy I can back after approx a month after the script. I mean shit yu were taken 80-100.. I can't do this. Since it's such an extreme withdrawl is fast oxy 30 being shorter lasting doc said it'll help loser my total blood value

It's not that extreme, and you have been taking ridiculous amounts of oxy, far more than would be needed to reduce the withdrawals. Is this your first kick? Sounds like a lot of whining from someone who has all the comfort meds in the world.

To call withdrawing from 200mg of methadone with 5.4g of oxycodone and who knows how much xanax to ease the landing 'cold turkey' is hilarious. You don't know what rough is at this point.

Instead of xanax and oxy, if you're gonna call this CT get yourself some clonidine. It'll help you a lot.

I know that it sucks to withdraw, but you were given the best comfort aids I've ever seen mentioned on this site and you're whining about it. People here have come off far higher doses with much less.

And wtf, you've got tons of methadone stockpiled, too, why the hell didn't you taper first? Quick taper to 100mg a day, then switch to the oxy. Instead you snorted enough oxy to get fucked up on a fun drug and wasted it. Easy to do, though.

man if u cant quit wit all that shit then check into a detox center before u get off the methadone get off of the xanax . if u have hundreds of xanax and u have a problem feeling happy either ur real inexperienced in opiate withdrawl/addiction or just straight up spoiled i could only dream to have anxiety medicine while on methadone ive been clean for over 3 months and its been basically painless thanks to the methadone started off on 30 now down to 15mg. and yea i got extreme anxiety too but man up grow some nuts and bite the bullet

Coming off 200mg's of methadone?

Why didn't you just taper on the methadone? Why switch to a short acting opiate like oxycodone to detox from methadone..? That doesn't make much sense.

I switched to a short acting because I wanted the 8 years of methadone in my blood to fuck off ass much as possible. Sorry if I'm bringing jelousy?? Sorry for bothering you guys with a cushioned withdrawl. If I have the most comfortable WD you've ever seen let me tell you I have 15 subutek as well... Never took them cause partial
Aganists were my thing. And no, I've been through withdrawl off 80mgs of methadone/2 10mg (100mcg/hr gel patches). 8 years ago and was clean for about 6 months. I had been using for around 4-5 years.

Like I said I figured doing the 30's was smart because it'd get the concentration of dolophine out of my blood. Wasnt this smart?

No one knows I have hundreds of stockpiled methadone.. Or Xanax and klonopin and subutek besides well.. You people.

HELP me rather then chastise me for my problem? I'm trying to get clean. I didn't wanna touch the methadone because honestly I feel better each day NOT taking it. I don't even know of you guys know what 200/day is like? The oxy 30s weren't doing fuck I felt... But with the advice from homies here eating them does help... I have 38 30s left. I plan on getting another bottle of them and now.. That my blood plasma level of dolo is lowering still (if my math serves correctly even after which is now day 13 I'd still be pissing dolophine metabolites)

I'm a newbie to withdrawl, but I did in fact.. As the thread is labeled...cold turkey 200mgs of methadone a day. After 8 years I consider It a win. Even if I was eating these fuxking ROCHE 30s like they were m and ms

Coming off 200mg's of methadone?

Why didn't you just taper on the methadone? Why switch to a short acting opiate like oxycodone to detox from methadone..? That doesn't make much sense.

Wrong, it helps considerably. I'd rather taper on short actings then go thru the hell of methadones half life