• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did my first CWE.....

Hey Guys,
I Just Did My first CWE Procedure with 40 8 mg codeine tablets...each tab also had caffeine and 300 mg of aspirin.I used 500 ml of water...what do you guys think???also should I just drink the liquid or let it evaporate and snort the powder?I'm hopin it even worked..the water from the first cup was like milk,but after filtering is virtually clear...a little hazy.I'm hopin to ingest this before bed tonight so I hope someone responds.I'm not hurtin that bad as I drank 45 mg of methadone about 9 hours ago and get a 60 mg dose of methadone tomorrow at 9 oclock.but I usually take Hydromorphone all day and before bed and I would just like to have a good night sleep.Thanks in advance.

Ontario Guy.

Also if anyone has successfully gotten dried codiene powder for snorting could you tell me if you had to snort a lot of powder or did it burn?

Unfortunately a CWE doesn't extract the caffeine. Caffeine is definitely soluble in water. It is in many beverages.. Anyway, I'd still just do a CWE and drink it. If you evaporate it you might lose some, not that it really matters. Snorting codeine isn't worth it. You want to take it orally so you don't skip first pass metabolism. It is a pro-drug that is converted into morphine.

do all your codeine pills have caffeine?

mine are just 8/500 or 12.8/500, codeine/APAP.....

I have only seen caffeine ones once, they were in gelcaps....

I'm not sure but all the codeine pills I have seen have had caffeine except maybe Codeine Contin.

codeine should not be snorted

if your snort codeine ur basicly asking to have less of the drug work

im prescribed a bunch of 30mg codiene tablets, pure codeine, i do not snort them, codeine needs to matabolize into morphine in order to obtain any sort of high.

Thanks alot Sonic.I'm definitely Going to just drink it.7 days starting tommorow before I get my next script of Hydromorph Contin.But on the plus side I get 60 milligrams of oral methadone every morning starting tommorow and will be increasing to 75 mg's on thursaday..plus I've got 160 8 mg codeine tablets left in case to get through but i think i'll be alright...I'm still doin alright from 45 mg's of methadone about 10 and a half hours ago...I'm probly gonna drink the liquid with codeine soon here before i go to bed.

Last edited:
The Idler said:
do all your codeine pills have caffeine?

mine are just 8/500 or 12.8/500, codeine/APAP.....

I have only seen caffeine ones once, they were in gelcaps....

In Canada I believe codeine has to be combined with two other OTC ingredients for it to be available OTC. Here in Oz you get them just combined with APAP or ibuprofen.

Merging OntarioGuy's thread into the CWE Mega Thread.

Depends on what their solubilities are like in those solvents, look it up.

Why not just use water though?

Yea...why not?
with oxy, water is the way..
I have read (DO NOT DO THIS DAMMIT!!) that pure hydrocodone can be extracted using a fast evaporating solvent after the pill has been crushed and dissolved in water. Hydro, being an organic compound will mix readily with the solvent and the other will presipitate in the water that will be at the bottom. the solvent can be carefully extracted using a turkey baster and allowed to evaporate leaving pure hydro behind....I have never done this but it looks good on paper.=D

^ Just because it's an organic compound doesn't mean it will dissolve in whatever solvent... perhaps you mean polar and non-polar solvents? In which case, if hydrocodone is a polar molecule it will dissolve in a polar solvent (like water)... to get pure hydrocodone you'd have to know what the binders and fillers dissolve in, though I'm not sure why anyone would go to the effort as even pure hydrocodone is not safe to inject due to the histamine reaction, and that's the only reason you'd want it pure I assume...

ugh

please never just follow a tek for an extraction (except CWE, very simple) without understanding EXACTLY, chemically, the mechanics of it.

^ +1,000,000

I had a friend who wanted to do some "purify your tar" tek and showed me the paper to see what I thought of it, since I have some chemistry background. This was just a week or two ago. It started with something like "I hope I have this right, as its been something like 8 years since I've done this." That's not very relieving to read. The stupid paper looked like it was posted by some shitty homeless junkie on usenet in 1993.

Anyway, I told the guy fuck those directions, as it was (to me, at least) very simple first year chemistry techniques that could be done better with different equipment and techniques. I told him I'd do it for him/show him how to do it the next day after class (needed to obtain some supplies from the lab). He did it when I was at school and called me to tell me how it went. Long story short, he wasted a ton of heroin, and what he did manage to keep was tainted with brake fluid whatever other dumb hardware store products he used. Had he waited and used lab grade reagents instead, he would have ended up with a beautiful product. Things could have gotten a lot worse: he could have gone through with shooting it. In that case, a fat abscess would have been getting off easy. Death doesn't seem too far fetched. I digress...

I just wanted to help stress that its really stupid to follow some sort of extraction/purification/synthesis/whatever when you do not understand the scientific principles behind it. You may not need degree in chemistry, but you should have a fair amount of knowledge in the field - enough to know exactly what is going on (chemically) in each step and why you are doing it.

You might not want to listen or care, and you might perform some silly tek without any (visible) harm done... but in the end, its your health and your life on the line, so take care of your body and educate yourself before engaging in any of these activities.
(I'm echoing what Idler and Mr B said, because they are 100% correct.)

Last edited:
^ Just because it's an organic compound doesn't mean it will dissolve in whatever solvent... perhaps you mean polar and non-polar solvents? In which case, if hydrocodone is a polar molecule it will dissolve in a polar solvent (like water)... to get pure hydrocodone you'd have to know what the binders and fillers dissolve in, though I'm not sure why anyone would go to the effort as even pure hydrocodone is not safe to inject due to the histamine reaction, and that's the only reason you'd want it pure I assume...

Oh heavens no! I wouldnt want to inject hydrocodone at all8o
I cant remember the link where I read that info. When I was researching I was simply trying to get rid of the APAP as to avoid the upset stomach and the burning..No....Never inject hydro or codeine.
Also, for future reference, In my posts if I didnt write it then dont read it in.
The word "injection" was not in the comments I made about solvent extraction.
;)

CWE Method Question

I know, this has been covered a bunch of times. I just wanna make sure I am doing it right. First of all, there are a thousand different methods, and everyone says its sooo easy, yet some methods are more complicated then others. I see some posts saying you need to put it in the fridge, others saying you don't. I have to make sure I am at least doing it partially right so I know I'm not killing my liver. How cold does the water need to be? When I'm done putting my stuff through the filter, I can still see some powder at the bottom not mixed, is that more APAP? When I grind it in my coffee grinder, powder is all over the sides and what not, and when I open the grinder a bunch puffs out, am I losing a bunch of codone? Sorry for all the questions, it's just everyone seems to have a different way of doing this and I wanna make sure the basic method (pouring cold water from the tap in a bowl then pouring that through a filter in a bowl) is enough to get out most of the APAP. I also hope I'm not losing a bunch of codone by not putting in the fridge or w/e.

I know, this has been covered a bunch of times. I just wanna make sure I am doing it right. First of all, there are a thousand different methods, and everyone says its sooo easy, yet some methods are more complicated then others. I see some posts saying you need to put it in the fridge, others saying you don't. I have to make sure I am at least doing it partially right so I know I'm not killing my liver. How cold does the water need to be? When I'm done putting my stuff through the filter, I can still see some powder at the bottom not mixed, is that more APAP? When I grind it in my coffee grinder, powder is all over the sides and what not, and when I open the grinder a bunch puffs out, am I losing a bunch of codone? Sorry for all the questions, it's just everyone seems to have a different way of doing this and I wanna make sure the basic method (pouring cold water from the tap in a bowl then pouring that through a filter in a bowl) is enough to get out most of the APAP. I also hope I'm not losing a bunch of codone by not putting in the fridge or w/e.

The colder the water, the less acetaminophen in your final product. The freezer is probably your best bet to get it cold but not quite frozen. For the purposes of a CWE, temperature is not a factor for the codeine.

Yes, you are losing codeine through the coffee grinder method. I would suggest a mortar and pestle or some other method that you can rinse out to make sure you are getting everything out of.

For all the hoopla in CWE threads about acetaminophen solubility, its a moot point if you dont do proper filtering. Acetaminophen DOES NOT have to be dissolved to make it into your final product, it can be suspended in the solution. Filtration has to remove these suspended particles. Use at a minimum a piece of tightly woven cotton (as its been described many time, dress-shirt type material) tshirts are not sufficient, and then use a coffee filter as a second pass. More filtration=less acetaminophen.

The colder the water, the less acetaminophen in your final product. The freezer is probably your best bet to get it cold but not quite frozen. For the purposes of a CWE, temperature is not a factor for the codeine.

Yes, you are losing codeine through the coffee grinder method. I would suggest a mortar and pestle or some other method that you can rinse out to make sure you are getting everything out of.

For all the hoopla in CWE threads about acetaminophen solubility, its a moot point if you dont do proper filtering. Acetaminophen DOES NOT have to be dissolved to make it into your final product, it can be suspended in the solution. Filtration has to remove these suspended particles. Use at a minimum a piece of tightly woven cotton (as its been described many time, dress-shirt type material) tshirts are not sufficient, and then use a coffee filter as a second pass. More filtration=less acetaminophen.

Thx a bunch man, really cleared up my questions. I'm pretty sure I did it right cause I got a lot of stuff on the filter, but I did use too much water.

Thx a bunch man, really cleared up my questions. I'm pretty sure I did it right cause I got a lot of stuff on the filter, but I did use too much water.

No Prob :) Feel free to PM me if you have any more cwe-related questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.