• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction New! - Cold Water Extraction Mega Thread & FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question About Codeine CWE

Hello first post on these forums,

was just wondering....

My freind said it would be ok to do CWE just using cold tapwater... as in...

Crush the pills
Add 100ml Cold tap water
Filter
Drink product

Am i right in thinking that this should be ok as long as not too much water is used and that it will be pretty much as good as using warm water then cooling it in freezer etc. ?

Just seems a lot easier and less hassle especially if you can't get to a fridge...

Thanks

^ Yes, that is fine, in fact that is the exact method I use. :D

I'm going to merge this into the CWE Mega Thread.

I just CWEd 6 5/500 hdyrocodones. I only used a piece of tightly woven cotton. Strained it once and dissolved the goop in a little water one more time and strained again. I also put it in the freezer each time for 8 minutes. Each time using about 30-50cc's of water.

I then dried the solution back out and I was left with a 450mgs of product left.

Considering each pill weighs 700 mgs for a total of 3500 mgs. I must have removed 3050mgs of Tylenol and filler.

CWE question

Just a quick question here (not sure if even in the right forum) but I've heard lots of people saying how to perform a CWE with coffee filters when they have either 8/500 co-codamol or 30/500 co-codamol. I'm always a bit wary as to how much water to use as I have cirrhosis of the liver so don't want to wind up overdosing on paracetamol as dying isn't really something I fancy. :\

How much water would people recommend using to how many tablets?

And then my main question I had, is I always have problems with the codeine filtering through (and you can only buy boxes of a maximum of 32), well they sell boxes of effervescent co-codamol in 100's. Would it not work to use effervescent tablets and would the paracetamol just filter straight through as well.
I know these probably sound like stupid questions but I really don't want to do anything to inflame my liver issues.

Any advise would be a great help :D

I'm going to merge this into the CWE mega thread.

coldasice said:
How much water would people recommend using to how many tablets?

When my tolerance let me do 24 10/500 tablets and get a nice relaxed buzz going on, I'd use 50ml of water. Only half a gram of acetaminophen will dissolve into that, plus whatever amount gets through the filter.

In your case though, I'd be very careful. How bad is your cirrhosis? Use as little water as possible, make sure your pills are crushed thoroughly then add a little bit at a time, say 10ml or so and see how much you can get to dissolve. How many tablets of what strength are you planning on using?

coldasice said:
And then my main question I had, is I always have problems with the codeine filtering through (and you can only buy boxes of a maximum of 32), well they sell boxes of effervescent co-codamol in 100's. Would it not work to use effervescent tablets and would the paracetamol just filter straight through as well.

Effervescent tablets are useless, forget about them you won't be able to separate the codeine and APAP without using solvents.

The amount of Sorbitol in them isn't too good either.. Tastes like salty-sweet evil too **gips**

I'm going to merge this into the CWE mega thread.
Thanks, I didn't know where to put it. :)

When my tolerance let me do 24 10/500 tablets and get a nice relaxed buzz going on, I'd use 50ml of water. Only half a gram of acetaminophen will dissolve into that, plus whatever amount gets through the filter.

In your case though, I'd be very careful. How bad is your cirrhosis? Use as little water as possible, make sure your pills are crushed thoroughly then add a little bit at a time, say 10ml or so and see how much you can get to dissolve. How many tablets of what strength are you planning on using?

Cirrhosis is only in very early stages - so am I to understand that the more water you put in, the more APAP that gets through?
The only tablets that are available OTC in the UK are 8/500, but I do get codeine 30mg prescribed monthly for *ahem* women's stomach cramps so my tolerance is quite high :( so I'm not sure how many I'd need to use, but I'm thinking it'd need to be a lot.
I know you can get stonger strengths of codeine in tablets if you buy them with ibuprofen instead of paracetamol is the base. Can you perform the CWE method with ibuprofen or does it just turn to goo? I'd be happier doing that as it wouldn't put so much strain on my liver. :\

Effervescent tablets are useless, forget about them you won't be able to separate the codeine and APAP without using solvents.
How come effervescent tablets are hard to seperate the APAP? I thought it'd be easier because you could just put them all in the sieve and add water then it'd drain through, but would that mean the APAP filtered through too?

Thanks for the advice, it's been v.helpful. :)

^ Effervescent meaning they fizz and completely dissolve in the water right? If it's all dissolved then you won't be able to separate them, I know this is the case with the the effervescent aspirin/codeine tablets they sell in Canada.

coldasice said:
Cirrhosis is only in very early stages - so am I to understand that the more water you put in, the more APAP that gets through?
The only tablets that are available OTC in the UK are 8/500, but I do get codeine 30mg prescribed monthly for *ahem* women's stomach cramps so my tolerance is quite high so I'm not sure how many I'd need to use, but I'm thinking it'd need to be a lot.
I know you can get stonger strengths of codeine in tablets if you buy them with ibuprofen instead of paracetamol is the base. Can you perform the CWE method with ibuprofen or does it just turn to goo? I'd be happier doing that as it wouldn't put so much strain on my liver.

Like Nurofen +? They are hard and take a bit of crushing if you don't want to let them dissolve over hours, and yeah it becomes gooey but it's workable, I used to use them before I found a brand here in Oz that's APAP/codeine and dissolves/filters like a treat. :D

When you are Rx'd the 30mg codeine, how often do you take them and how many at a time per day?

hi can anyone help me please? I have today tried plugging my dhc with warm water and a syringe. Can i do this with the liquid from a cwe? If so do i have to warm it up?

hi can anyone help me please? I have today tried plugging my dhc with warm water and a syringe. Can i do this with the liquid from a cwe? If so do i have to warm it up?

What would you rather squirt up your ass, a few CCs of lukewarm water or a few CCs of icy water you just pulled out of the freezer? I suspect the latter would be more comfortable and less likely to induce cramping, but in the grand scheme of things you probably wouldn't see a big difference in the effect between plugging it hot or cold.

^ What he said. The temperature of it has no effect on plugging it... uh unless of course it's boiling hot or so cold it's frozen. ;)

^ Effervescent meaning they fizz and completely dissolve in the water right? If it's all dissolved then you won't be able to separate them, I know this is the case with the the effervescent aspirin/codeine tablets they sell in Canada.

Yeah, I was meaning the effervescent ones that fizz in water. I was only wondering because they dissolve super fast and you can buy them in much bigger amounts.

When you are Rx'd the 30mg codeine, how often do you take them and how many at a time per day?

It's got to a point where I can take about 28-35 in one go and not feel anything. I think I have a super high tolerance to opiates now. :eek:

^ Assuming that you are able to go over the ceiling dose with codeine (I can too, my tolerance is even bigger then yours was), that's about 100mg of morphine I believe.

coldasice said:
Yeah, I was meaning the effervescent ones that fizz in water. I was only wondering because they dissolve super fast and you can buy them in much bigger amounts.

Yeah, they contain a different formulation of APAP allowing them to dissolve in water. In the hospital, sometimes they will administer an IV drip of APAP. So those tablets are useless.

^ Assuming that you are able to go over the ceiling dose with codeine (I can too, my tolerance is even bigger then yours was), that's about 100mg of morphine I believe.

Ack - so how many co-codamol tablets would I need and how much water should I add, and is that many tablets going to damage my liver badly?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.