Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Bluelight Astrology Club :)

Mariposa

Bluelight Crew
Hey there :)

Any Bluelight astrologers, or anyone with a genuine interest in astrology, willing to out yourselves? ;)

I'd like to see us create discourse and promote understanding as to the tenet "as above, so below" without getting flamed -- haters need read no further.

Astrology brought me a lot of truth and resonance when nothing else did when I was an adolescent. There is no reason why we should abstain from talking about it benefically ;)

Leo Sun and Sag Moon by transit seems a nice time to bring this part of philosophy and spirituality that has been conspicuous by its absence to discussion. If others are interested, can we possibly collaborate on some astrological work? I'll set up a Google doc and shared e-mail address provided someone out there is receptive. :)

Looking at the stars and charting the Sun, Moon, and other celestial bodies have provided a lot of magic :)

Would anyone like to journey with me toward understanding in this regard? Beginners welcome, we aren't snobs. :) If you have an interest in astrology, please say hello.

One thing, though: please do not ask for your natal chart to be interpreted as that is not the purpose of this thread. Besides that, let's have an astrologers' corner in this little space and maybe get a group set up if we have over 5 peer learners.

I've done a lot of work on the asteroid Pallas Athena recently because a BLer who knows about these things more than I pointed out that it was very prominent in my chart. Conjunct my chart ruler, in fact!

Let's form a lil club in a cool, safe space... and the only rule is no free natal readings. I think that's a sensible ground rule because people pay a shitload of money to have their charts read... BL isn't the place for that. Yes, we can tell you stuff about yourself that you never knew you never knew. No, we won't do it here.

I hope this thread is awesome. :) I will post my own natal chart in a subsequent post provided this idea is well-received. :)

Blessings, and as above, so below. <3

I know next to nothing about the subject and am very interested. Subscribed. I'm a Leo, BTW (this usually surprises people.)

^Cool :) I get along well with Leos. Meow!

Introduction to Astrology

If you follow the lessons in order, you'll probably find this to be a good starting point.

The ability to run charts on computers saved astrologers who aren't adept at mathematics or art... but the basics are the same as ever.

I am Sun and Moon sign Aries, rising sign/Ascendant Virgo closely bordering Libra. Other influences in my chart are more salient than that according to some of my teachers. But being a hotheaded Aries Sun and Moon is not exactly compatible with the earth mother/analytical Virgo nature. The rising sign/Ascendant is usually correlated (by Western astrologers) with physical appearance. Virgo rising will almost always look placid and calm even when we are fuming inside... no matter how burnt out we feel, we don't look it and people don't believe that we're mad until they poke or prod too far.

Your P&S mod, Ebola, my partner, is also Virgo rising, though he expresses it very differently because he has several planets in Libra. :) Of course that's what I as an Aries will fall for -- opposites attract. He always challenges me and inspires me to think outside my norms (Sun and Moon in the same sign is a sign of a well-integrated person but one who can also be singleminded and intolerant) and I present him with the challenge of putting up with my crap. ;)

Astrology isn't without humor. :D

"I know nothing"............. once upon a time I thought it was entirely new age/ancient bullshit & superstition. Which much of it may well be...however I can "see" :| how a mechanism could be at work which influences things IRL. I'd be intrigued to see if it's possible to explain how that is & how interpretation is arrived at.

I'm uncertain as to whether it has any really valid applications ( pray do tell me about them tho) unless one is searching for messiahs :D

YYYAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! I was SO happy to see this:)
I have studied astrology since I was 13 when my mother introduced me- Im 27...I did 4 years with the AYAs mentorship program. I would LOVE to talk astrology with people! :) I love learning new ways of interpretting things and I get hung up some stuff.....so it'd be great to have other people to talk to who are actually into it too:)
Im an Aquarius with Libra rising and a Libra moon with Pluto in Libra conjunct my ASC. .Lots of air....and plenty more air in my chart:)
I'd be really interested in anything you have to share on Pallas or any asteroids as Im not too familiar with them and have a hard time finding many books on them.

YAY!! I love astrology! I have a crapload of books on the subject, so I am pretty much self taught. Damn, I wish they had classes around here, that would be so much fun. I also did quite a few charts for some of my friends, and I have all my info written down somewhere, so I will have to go get it cuz I can't remember for the life of me.

I'm a Taurus, BTW. I can pretty much get along with anyone but Scorpios. I can pick them out of a crowd, it freaks people out. ;)

Hi, I'm a scorpio. ;)

Leo ascendent, with many planets in scorpio and adjacent signs. People often think I'm not stereotypical because I'm not an arrogant SOB, on the surface that is. We scorpios like to play hide and seek. :)

I'd definately like to learn more about this, especially wrt harmonies & disharmonies.

I am part of the Neptune in Scorpio generation, where drugs are secretive and intimate. Neptune Sagitarians probably have a better attitude with drugs for hedonism and the bettering of ones world view. Anyone have a good sense of Neptune in Capricorn? Drugs for building an Empire? Drugs as conformity? Neptune in Aquarius would be innovation.

I know Neptune is more than drugs, but for BL astrology I thought I'd start out with Neptune as the most prominent ruler of drugs , highs and other things that are mostly gone when one wakes up in the morning.

Ah, I'll also mention that my need in astrology as well as everything else is to work on basics instead of always reaching out for more novelty and extra data sources. Sun/Moon/Asc I'm Gemini/Taurus/Virgo. I've yet to mess with Uranian hypotheticals or the Hamburg school. I'm going to keep it that way for at least this week.

B9 said:
I'm uncertain as to whether it has any really valid applications ( pray do tell me about them tho) unless one is searching for messiahs :D

Many politicians and financial professionals (too many names to name, and most of which I could, I won't ;)) keep an astrologer not just on retainer, but permanent speed dial.

Astrology has no Messiahs; most astrologers don't have magnanimous plans to save the world. Most astrologers are also self-taught; the discipline tends to find us rather than the other way around.

Many of the writings and work on astrology were denounced as "heresy" by the Catholic Church, and squelched quite successfully. But a little bit of poking around yields results. The most reputable astrologers I have known/learned from do not advertise and do not engage in predictions. The worst of these predictive fuckwits claim to be psychic. I was asked by a beginning student once how death could be predicted in a chart, which I later found out is the second most common asked of astrologers... 50 cool points if you can get the first, and it isn't "when will I get married/meet the love of my life".

It's great that we do have people on BL willing to share knowledge and insight as astrologers. :) Because there may be those among us who do not have a well-aspected Neptune in Sagittarius ;) and I have yet to find an astrology message board that isn't "omg, read my chart and tell me if I'll ever marry my current S/O" we have to "be the change".

I am up too late... I'm far from a typical Aries in many ways, but we're not known for being the sleepy type. Ironically, we do require a lot of rest... so off to that with me.

Mariposa said:
Many politicians and financial professionals (too many names to name, and most of which I could, I won't ;)) keep an astrologer not just on retainer, but permanent speed dial.

Many scientists?

Does anyone have any suggested reading then ? I would rather not set out to read a load of stuff (ahem8( ) that is later found to be of little relevance. :)

B9,

I suggest "Linda Goodman's Sun Signs," www.astrocenter.com to get your chart, and James Braha's "How To Be A Great Astrologer: The Planetary Aspects Explained."

These two books, along with PiHKAL and TiHKAL, are some of best I have ever read.

piscean here. have always found the description of pisceans particularly resonent with me. currently entertained by a horoscope widget on my mac which is quite uncanny at times, but ironically it is set to US times and therefore only updates in my late afternoon/evening time.

B9 said:
however I can "see" :| how a mechanism could be at work which influences things IRL.

which mechanism do you refer to? gravity or light or something else? i lean towards the gravitational effect myself.

Ha yeah sort of I reckon - I hadn't actually thought about it in words TBH.

[EDIT]After peering warily at the links provided & a couple I managed to dig up myself my response to your question would be harmonics which I always knew - I'm just extremely lazy.

So then sidereal or tropical ? Does it matter & if so why so ?

Last edited:
my birthday is in 6 days!
tell me my future and i will subscribe!

Aries.

I don't believe the alignment of stars and planets has any effect whatsoever on our personalities. However, I do think that the seasonal flucuations throughout the year may have an effect on the development of the human brain (resulting in concomitant changes in behavior). Depending if a baby is born in cold winter or spring, summer...this could have an effect I think.

Personally I'm willing to believe just about anything :)

I don't think we fully understand how everything in the universe relates to everything else on a fundamental level, i.e. how reality is fundamentally structured such that different elements of that reality relate to one another and point back to each other ... so I think "as above, so below" is perfectly possible

SomeKindaLove said:
Personally I'm willing to believe just about anything :)
even things that strike you as false even after some time spent contemplating them? :D