• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Bluelight Astrology Club :)

^I expect a very close race and significant upsets as well. It would not surprise me if credible threats against either of the candidates increase. Also, I think most of us can forget about the price of gas/oil going down for awhile.

I do not yet have a birth time for Sarah Palin -- preliminary Rodden rating of "C" as February 11, 1964, allegedly 4:40 p.m. in Sandpoint, Idaho.

Link to Obama's chart (AA rating)

Link to McCain's chart (A rating)

I don't have a birth time for Joe Biden either: source not cited so this is X data but November 20, 1942 in Scranton, PA, allegedly at 8:30 a.m. is what I have so far.

Out of the four, if the data for Palin is correct, she's the one out of the lot I think will work the hardest.

The_Idler said:
oh, i see.

I thought it was a joke.

Oh wait, it is- 8)
pay no attention. i have no idea what i am talking about.

twentysix said:
I've heard that the current data isn't accurate.. like the stars are actually in different positions
That is the difference between tropical vs sidereal. Most astrologers I know and all the books I've read use tropical. Google 'sidereal vs tropical' for many articles on the subject.

Mariposa asked that we not get into reading individuals charts when she started the thread, but if there is a particular aspect or placement you want to ask about I think that would be OK.

^oh no.. thanks. i understand.. i just wanted to share that chart. i've already had someone explain it to me a little, and the rest i try to intuitively... fathom. i'm going to go read into the tropical vs sidereal.. This kind of thing interests me for periods of time, and then I forget everything I learned.

Last edited:
Okay.....my husband told me to ask on here about a certain 'complex aspect' and I didn't -but the chart posted above has it so- what do you all know of kites? The chart above has one......I read (and didn't find much in depth) that a kite in a chart shows great possibility of change (i was reading in regards to solar or progressed charts)....for those types of charts what is broken up by the opposition in the grand trine can be resolved thru the sextiles.......does anyone know what i am talking about? What would it be in a natal chart? The same? But then what of it as a whole? Anyone familiar with kites in a chart!?!?! PLEASE put in some input here 'cause I am SO curious now......

Please note that you may start another thread to debate the merits of astrology (or lack thereof). . .

Aloha just wanted to pop in and say that my baby is going to be an Aries. After reading a bit about it I am VERY happpy :D

Sagittarius here right on the cusp. (My birthday is Dec 20th and I believe Dec 21st starts Capricorn).

ocean said:
Okay.....my husband told me to ask on here about a certain 'complex aspect' and I didn't -but the chart posted above has it so- what do you all know of kites? The chart above has one......I read (and didn't find much in depth) that a kite in a chart shows great possibility of change (i was reading in regards to solar or progressed charts)....for those types of charts what is broken up by the opposition in the grand trine can be resolved thru the sextiles.......does anyone know what i am talking about? What would it be in a natal chart? The same? But then what of it as a whole? Anyone familiar with kites in a chart!?!?! PLEASE put in some input here 'cause I am SO curious now......

This is indeed a "kite" position. The nature of a "kite" and the Grand Trine shows, in short, what you have described. The natal chart is a road map. That is how it is "whole" -- and this is an incomplete explanation.

I will refer you here as the explanation provided is better than I can provide at present. The link should provide a start. A progressed chart may show more.

I cannot at present accept the opportunity to examine more data, though if you'll keep the discussion going, I'll be less backlogged in a couple months, and if other students of astrology would like to examine this, go for it :)

I note the posts unapproved. I am not a financial advisor on anyone's behalf but my own, so please do not derail this thread by making joke queries.

That is all -- more over the weekend.

Happy other Birthday to me! (I celebrate Sun's ingress into 1st more than my actual birthday).

Sun made its way across my Asc shortly before 8 a.m. today. Moon will be crossing my MC into 10th later tonight. Think tomorrow will be a favorable day for me to do some serious career stuff? I sure do. :)

Woo-hoo!

I am bumping this because a new member (I'm sorry I don't recall who) got his/her account lost in the board upgrade and had some questions. If you see this, please post! The announcement in the Announcements forum or my sticky at the top of this one will explain everything. :)

Something recently clicked with me with a set of concepts - outlined in Noel Tyl's work on Solar Arcs. I can't stand his writing style; it's like reading a tabloid. But I'm finally getting it.

What's everyone up to? How do you think Barack Obama will do as President of the US? He has a really busy chart! Rodden AA rated chart here.

It's easy to see why he was the "candidate for change", but what positions in Obama's natal chart cause you any level of concern? I am concerned about Uranus in a 2-degree conjunction with North Node in the 7th in Leo - 7th being the house of hidden enemies.

I got your drift though actually...its a pretty subtle phenomenological state you are referring to...I think massive amounts of psychedelics actually foist it upon people sometimes...the willingness to believe anything and everything...(almost like a 'why not believe' attitude).

Psychedelics are the antidote for absolute belief, atleast in my life.

And I often lie about my real sign. I make something up, because in this new age town people prejudge so often, and I love when people say "oh, no surprise there, you seem like such a x", or "i'm not suprised at all" etc etc. Because astrology is at its best a tool for self examination, and at its worse a tool that allows people to bypass true analysis and passively absorb astrological "knowledge".

I'm not trying to be a hater here, but I must admit that whenever astrology is brought up, I tend to cringe. Whenever people ask me what my "sign" is, it really angers me; how many reasons to arbitrarily categorize people do we really need?

I think that astrology is a good example of pseudoscience (much like chiropractics). I really dislike how in astrology books they borrow lots of legitimate scientific ideas and use lots of big words in order to make it sound more realistic to people with no scientific training.

Personally I think its nothing more than one big logical fallacy dressed up as some type of legitimate discipline.

I think that astrology is a good example of pseudoscience (much like chiropractics). I really dislike how in astrology books they borrow lots of legitimate scientific ideas and use lots of big words in order to make it sound more realistic to people with no scientific training.

Those who have received no benefit from chiropractics of course will scoff at it as a "pseudoscience" - but I can walk without pain from a pinched spinal nerve due to the help of a wonderful chiropractor.

May I ask what astrological texts you have read? Yes, a lot of them are absolute crap. The ones I have recommended in this thread are not jargon-heavy, though it is necessary to have a basic astrological vocabulary and knowledge of what the symbols mean.

I got into learning astrology a few years ago but for some reason haven't kept up with it. It's a lot of work learning how to interpret natal charts!!! But one day I will get my old dusty books out and continue...

I'm a Cancer Sun, Aries Moon, Pisces Rising.

^I've been reading a lot of my old books , and I am hoping to add even more substantial reading matter to my collection soon and actually take the time to immerse myself in self-study. :)