Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: most "disturbed/ing" movies

I just watched The Acid House.. It's not as disturbing as it is weird.... But I loved it. I highly recommend it. =D

positivevibes said:
i just watched a weird movie called may the other night... only saw the last 40 minutes, which involved a chick going on a mad killing spree and sawing off various parts of her victims and then sewing them together to make one person...

This film is "May", by director Lucky McKee, bit slow, but comes good in the end

Happiness - just isn't right
Ken Park - wrong on so many levels
Lolita - creepy
Faces of death - I can't recall the name of the movie but it featured parts from the faces of death series (got at garage sale) but also other scenes I had never seen before that made FOD look PG. 15 min autopsy (real) took the cake.
A lot of the other movies mentioned earlier would fall into my top 20 movies. I need to get out more.

^^^ which lolita are you referring to? i found lyne's 1997 version creepiest (my thread is floating around here somewhere), because i found irons' character a far more sympathetic man - tbh, i honestly liked him most of the time, and that's a genuinely disturbing state-of-mind when you consider his actions.

i didn't get the same impression at all from kubrick's film (though of course one must, in part, blame the censors)...the book is probably the worst of the three though (in terms of creepiness - it's amazing in terms of literature :)).

Harmony Korine's stuff is pretty disturbing (Kids, Bully, Gummo, etc.)

I would agree with Requiem for a Dream as well

I didn't find it disturbing... but others have talked about 'Heathers' being a disturbing movie

Torture/needles/unexplained/helplessness always seems to have me cringing.. but it fascinates me to a point where i HAVE to see it, no matter how bad it is

OH! Event Horizon...

crossroads was one fucked up flick ;)

theres these movies out there called the guinea pig series. some fucked up japanese shit that i read about and saw some pics of. in one of the movies some dude just kidnaps a girl and slices n dices her into pieces, samurai style, and they show it all closeup n shit. lotsa people were thinkin it was real and the director had to prove that the actress was still alive.

http://www.guineapigfilms.com/

i thought the new texas chainsaw massacre was disturbing. not scary but disturbing cuz they went through so much pain.

se7en was a awesome flick.

the curb scene in american history x was bad too.

i dont really watch that many fucked up movies so i dont know anymore but i'll sure check out some of the movies all of you posted

i have this video of short films by nick zedd. it's really fucked up. weird images, characters, and scenarios. it's great!

*"Cube" That movie will seriously FUCK with you! I guess if you're into Sci Fi/Horror you would love it.
*"The Ring" was pretty disturbing too...the one & only time I saw it, there was a pretty bad storm going on outside & it was late at night---scary! 8( (& cliche!)
*Saw a bit piece of "Fear.com" the other night--OMG, I don't think I could ever get thru that movie. The torture scenes are a bit much for me.
*"American Psycho"...man that movie is just too WEIRD...sucks too b/c I LOVE Christian Bale.
*All of the "Stepfather" movies...scared the crap out of me when I was younger.
*"Romper Stomper" I actually own this DVD. I bought it before I had even seen it...mostly because Russell Crowe was 28 when he made it; he's ripped, bald headed, tatted up & just HOT! Oh, and there's a great scene of him chugging milk with nothing but tighty whities on. yeah baby! But the movie is still disturbing..LOL

Last edited:
I dunno if anyone has mentioned it yet but jacobs ladder always bothered me a little bit. Just the way the things move all blurry and then right up in your face. Also, for those that watch anime (and even those that don't really) I really suggest Perfect Blue. ;)

i just saw welcome to the dollhouse, which was fairly disturbing (as are most of solondz's films)...mainly because it depicts a scary world which is really not too far from reality. christ, to many people in the world, it *is* reality :(

The most disturbing movie I've watched recently was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, with some friends of mine discussing at what age will it become right to start fancying Hermione Granger. Sick! =D

DonnieDarko said:
Nekromantik I & II

oh jesus... i saw Nekromantik years ago and no one else i know has seen it or been able to find it. Unbelievably disturbing.

Nobody I've seen mentioned Kevin Smith's Vulgar... which is just an all-around fucked up movie.

Fucking nasty...

The Butterfly Effect was another one that was like watching a train wreck recently.

Irreversible, KIDS and Bleeder are defintely the most disturbing flicks I've ever seen. Bleeder is a dansih movie with a really sick plot to it.

-Psyko