• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zyprexa replacement?

RowdyMic

Bluelighter
Zyprexa sucks I’m always zombied out, have a foggy head with terrible memory, and is blocking all the drugs I love. Absolutely no euphoria/trips. I know I can only use weed booze and alcohol.. I love lsd, dmt, mdma mushrooms and stims. Is there an anti psychotic or a medication I can ask my doctor to replace it with? Please help I’m dying over here haha

Unfortunately most if not all antipsychotics are Dopamine antagonists so I wouldn't bother asking ur doc. If u really want to experience ur drugs of choice again then ull have to stop taking the Zyprexa for a day or two.

I’ve been on it for about 5 years, I took a week off once and still couldn’t trip on lsd

Honestly...zyprexa/olanzapine is pretty destructive. SWIM has been on it for several years....SWIM finally got off olanzapine with something called clozapine...but you have to get regular blood tests etc.

If you don't have any bad side effects with zyprexa it's probably a good idea to stay on it...SWIM did find it blocked MDMA etc however.

It's pretty tricky but you could give it a shot :)

Honestly...zyprexa/olanzapine is pretty destructive. SWIM has been on it for several years....SWIM finally got off olanzapine with something called clozapine...but you have to get regular blood tests etc.

If you don't have any bad side effects with zyprexa it's probably a good idea to stay on it...SWIM did find it blocked MDMA etc however.

It's pretty tricky but you could give it a shot :)

does clozapine cause weight gain?

does clozapine cause weight gain?
Being on Clozapine is a bitch and a half. Not only does it mess with your immune system and require regular blood tests to check white blood cells. My brother has been on Clozapine for about 10 years and has gained easily 100lbs since starting on it because his olanzapine stopped working. Look it up on Rx list or Web Md before even considering it. It's so much more sedating than Clozapine that my brother barely moves most days.

It will do nothing to allow you to use psychedelics again. Forget tripping and drinking the entire time you're on it, and expect it to make you far more sensitive to both caffeine and cannabis, to the point you basically can't tolerate it anymore. Definitely look into its plethora of dangerous interactions too. This was taken off the market, then returned with an absurd amount of regulations, a national registry for example, for very good reason. Theres plenty of good reasons that this is generally considered a last resort as far as psychiatric meds go...

Long story short, Clozapine is not what you're looking for in any way.

What about stims? I hear it doesn’t block them but I don’t get euphoria from addys or snow.

That's also probably another terrible idea to combine with Clozapine. My brother went through massive amounts of stimulants prior to going on Clozapine, now he has to drink caffeine free soda most of the time because he gets heart palpitations from just the 30ish mg of caffeine in a can of mountain dew. Clozapine would be a much better choice once you decide its time to go pretty much sober. All he can do these days is low doses (<5mg) of edible cannabis. He cuts a single gummy into 4 pieces and takes one piece a night when I have them. He can't even tolerate smoking cannabis anymore. That's actually one of the reasons his psychiatrist put him on it; it basically makes it impossible to take any drugs at all...

That's also probably another terrible idea to combine with Clozapine. My brother went through massive amounts of stimulants prior to going on Clozapine, now he has to drink caffeine free soda most of the time because he gets heart palpitations from just the 30ish mg of caffeine in a can of mountain dew. Clozapine would be a much better choice once you decide its time to go pretty much sober. All he can do these days is low doses (<5mg) of edible cannabis. He cuts a single gummy into 4 pieces and takes one piece a night when I have them. He can't even tolerate smoking cannabis anymore. That's actually one of the reasons his psychiatrist put him on it; it basically makes it impossible to take any drugs at all...
Damn what can I ask my doctor for where I can still do them? Anything but anti-psychotics and SSRI’s

I’m on various injections for 10 years. Invega as of late. I can trip smoke roll drink but coffee does nothing. I do not advise APs at all.

I think there are a lot of different options for you. I think we can toss some potentials out there for you, but what works is ultimately going to come down to you and your prescriber.

If this drug is not benefitting you, then you've gotta change it, but you're going to be the best judge for determining what is and is not good for you.

I think the first step is going to be talking to your prescriber about different options. We can give you advice once you have decided on a new treatment. There will unfortunately be much trial and error but I'm confident you can get where you want to be.

I switched to abilify and that made me find out how incredibly sedating olanzapine really is

Honestly....I've been on abilify (aripiprazole) for a few days and the akathisia is insane :/ I was doing pretty well on 200mg of clozapine but my psychiatrist seems to think it's an evil drug...Considering getting a second opinion as it was pretty good. I've heard reports of some people developing diabetes after being on it long term but nothing substantial....

Zyprexa sucks I’m always zombied out, have a foggy head with terrible memory, and is blocking all the drugs I love. Absolutely no euphoria/trips. I know I can only use weed booze and alcohol.. I love lsd, dmt, mdma mushrooms and stims. Is there an anti psychotic or a medication I can ask my doctor to replace it with? Please help I’m dying over here haha
Just as everybody else has said; all the antipsychotics/SSRI's/SNRI's tend to block MDMA/LSD etc etc... It's a trade off unfortunately.
I switched to abilify and that made me find out how incredibly sedating olanzapine really is
I've been prescribed Quetiapine and Olanzapine. Neither of which I found sedating :( I really wish they did sedate me... it seems that nothing really sedates me nowadays...

A week of aripiprazole and I feel more numb than ever before... Going to ask my doctor for haloperidol, I really don't like the Akathisia (weird twitchy movements) that aripiprazole brings on...My doctor wants to get me off clozapine yet I can't see many negative effects apart from metabolic ones...Has anyone switched from clozapine before?