• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants zyprexa POTENTIATING amphetamines?

donnydee

Greenlighter
So I've read many posts about how antipsychotics block or put a serious dent in "feeling" an amphetamine in terms of euphoria, the rush, cognitive benefits, etc. However, at least in my case, it seems as though it enhances the amph effect, definitely in terms of cognitive, and I get that speedy feeling as well. Only problem is that it seems to not last as long, and after a while, the regular doses aren't as effective. Does anyone have any explanation for this? My theory was that zyprexa "refreshes" the dopamine receptors, keeping them from getting shot from extended amph use. If so, could it be used periodically as sort of a reboot? I especially notice the effects if I haven't taken the zyprexa in a while. Any ideas folks?

Don't think so. Never did for me. Amps worked the same on it for the most part but maybe with less anxiety.

Zyprexa definitely doesn't refresh any receptors either. Might want to look into zyprexa a bit more if you haven't been on it a long time. Pretty sure the stuff gave me brain damage and has really fucked me up in a lot of ways.

Spot dosing APs is the way to go. Too many risks taking that stuff daily. I don't deny that you have a legitimate reason for being on it, but only take that stuff if you absolutely must.

Welcome to the site. :)

def right about the anxiety

Don't think so. Never did for me. Amps worked the same on it for the most part but maybe with less anxiety.

Zyprexa definitely doesn't refresh any receptors either. Might want to look into zyprexa a bit more if you haven't been on it a long time. Pretty sure the stuff gave me brain damage and has really fucked me up in a lot of ways

Spot dosing APs is the way to go. Too many risks taking that stuff daily. I don't deny that you have a legitimate reason for being on it, but only take that stuff if you absolutely must.

Welcome to the site. :)

Thanks for the welcome! Longtime lurker. I would definitely agree that amph related anxiety (and anxiety in general) is much better on zyprexa. Barely ever had to touch my benzos. I'm on latuda now, and it def helps even out my mood, but does nothing for anxiety. I've tried going off antipsychotics, but they never really bothered me (yet, knock on wood). But latuda seems easy on the system, but time will tell.

Antipsychotics have never potentiated amps for me. But everyone's brain chemistry is different. Also make sure you don't stop taking it especially when you use amps, or you could have a psychotic episode. It's not fun :(

Antipsychotics have never potentiated amps for me. But everyone's brain chemistry is different. Also make sure you don't stop taking it especially when you use amps, or you could have a psychotic episode. It's not fun :(

I definitely feel you on that. Been on the psych ward for a couple days. Most boring days of my life. Promised myself I'd never go back. But you're right about individual brain chemistry. It seems like for me, one won't work without the other. Aap w/o amph = zombified mess, amph w/o Aap =unstable without any rush, cognitive boost, etc. Just the peripheral effects. I think maybe aap's antagonize 5ht2a which stimulates dopamine (don't quote me on that one though).

I'm new here (forgive me), but I've been on Zyprexa for about a year and a half (by far the worst drug I've ever been on, by the way) and I'm also on 30mg Adderall IR. I never notice the Adderall kick in, let alone have any "recreational" effects from it. Not sure if this is due to the Zyprexa making me a zombie and my life hell or if I actually NEED the add that badly.