• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Zopiclone or Zolpidem?

finally got some Zopiclone. Is 7.5mg a good starting dose for help with sleep?

Yeah, you can always take another half if not asleep in an hour, don't stay up take it then lay down to go to sleep, they seem to have a "20 minute window" if you don't get into bed and try and sleep by the time they kick in they seem to not work no where near as good if at all

i think the usage instructions say to try to go to sleep within half an hour of taking. the window of effect thing @Fairy of the Flowers mentioned is bang on if you miss it the pills won't help you sleep.

if you don't have much of a benzo tolerance then 7.5mg should be fine, if you do then you'll likely need more.

now i'm clean so can actually notice how my body feels, i get a hangover from zopiclone and zolpidem that make me nearly as tired as just not getting much sleep.

so you mean take it and then get into bed straight away?

Yeah, I take them then get into bed and close my eyes, before you know it it's the next day, I used to love them, till my tolerance went up now I take 2, 3 or 4 and for the following few nights after I stop I have such bad nightmares I don't want them anymore, but my inner addict will probably still pick up the small amount I get each month on prescription lol

thanks, I'll try that

inidentally, I don't find Benzos help me to sleep at all. I guess they're supposed to be sedatives rather than hypnotics

For me 3.75mg half a tablet is sufficient.
The chemical taste next day is almost non-existent at that dose.

thanks, I'll try that

inidentally, I don't find Benzos help me to sleep at all. I guess they're supposed to be sedatives rather than hypnotics

Benzos are all different, you can get some that's more for anxiety and some that's more helpful for sleep, xanax is very short acting and crap for sleep as if you have insomnia you'll wake up after around 3 or 4 hours when it wears off, but Clonazopam lasts longer, then there nitrazepam and tamazapam thats actually a hypnotic benzo

How did you sleep on the zopiclone?

Benzos are all different, you can get some that's more for anxiety and some that's more helpful for sleep, xanax is very short acting and crap for sleep as if you have insomnia you'll wake up after around 3 or 4 hours when it wears off, but Clonazopam lasts longer, then there nitrazepam and tamazapam thats actually a hypnotic benzo

How did you sleep on the zopiclone?

Pretty well actually, although yes it tastes disgusting - can't they sugar coat them?

Benzos have only ever caused me to black out when I take too many - which is not only dangerous but also hardly any fun. They have no recreational value for me at least

Pretty well actually, although yes it tastes disgusting - can't they sugar coat them?

I can't taste anything lol, I used to bite a few of them in half lol, I don't think they can sugar coat them lol, it's a known side effect but maybe sugar coating them makes thrn not work as well otherwise they might of, the thing is it's when they dissolve too as people taste them the next day and after eating so thats taste must be coming from the stomach

Benzos have only ever caused me to black out when I take too many - which is not only dangerous but also hardly any fun. They have no recreational value for me at least
The taste is the zopiclone in your saliva, sugar coating it would do nothing.

I prefer zolpidem of the 2 but to be honest there isn't a lot in it apart from the fucking horrible taste of zoppies.

I find zolpidem causes stupid behaviour like backing out and driving tho.....

I prefer zolpidem of the 2 but to be honest there isn't a lot in it apart from the fucking horrible taste of zoppies.

I find zolpidem causes stupid behaviour like backing out and driving tho.....
I have both, I prefer Zopiclone, I love that metallic taste it lasts for days, call me weird.

Last edited:
I don't want anymore zopiclone trying to come off mirtazapine and use natural products and stuff but I get a few a month and they'll be due soon and I say I won't order them but I always do, I say, I'll order them to got to the chemist but won't pick them up incase I really need them, then I pick them up and eat them in a couple of days

Fucksake I don't want to ask my doctor to stop them as I won't be allowed them again if I do lol

I don't want anymore zopiclone trying to come off mirtazapine and use natural products and stuff but I get a few a month and they'll be due soon and I say I won't order them but I always do, I say, I'll order them to got to the chemist but won't pick them up incase I really need them, then I pick them up and eat them in a couple of days

Fucksake I don't want to ask my doctor to stop them as I won't be allowed them again if I do lol
Just keep getting them and save them.

How lol I'm a fucking pill popper, I can't trust myself with pills I just eat them
do you live with someone you could trust to keep hold of them? maybe just keep enough to get to sleep out so if its the middle of the night and you need it you don't have to wake them up. not foolproof but may help.

I am prescribed zolpidem for my insomnia have been on it about 3 years now at the same dosage and it works wonders. I however was never a fan of zopiclone granted I never had it prescribed but found zero recreational potential and wasn’t really great at knocking me out. Zopiclone always just made me black out and eat weird stuff whenever I tried it. However this was quite a while ago as well so I’m not sure it would have the same effect with my benzo and zolpidem use since.

How lol I'm a fucking pill popper, I can't trust myself with pills I just eat them
I mean I can say the same for myself my psychiatrist always tells me “ you don’t have to take it if you don’t feel like you need it.” Lol but I always need them.. zolpidem always makes the perfect addition to my nightly routine.

Lol but I always need them

Yeah my brain knows they're in the draw its how I got addicted when I wasn't before, like I said I get a few a month, but I'd need them every night, my ex kept them at his in the end and would bring them when he stayed as he gave me a sleep phobia, scared of sleeping in bed with him so nedded medicated lol